Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Here's hoping my no.1 and backup pick aren't taken *fingers crossed*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The stip I guess will break up the big names between the rounds and at this early stage there are loads that fit into this debut age. We are using Wiki but last year there was a site that many considerd better than wiki for debuts and who tagged with who for how long if anyone can think of its name ill add that with Wiki to the OP of the other thread. Angle & Punk are two great choices to start us off and could have argueably been picked as the first 2 stip or no stip (afterall ... went first last year). I honestly dont know who I want at no.6 but thats mainly because I have an idea of who the top 5 will be and all of those id be very happy with but I suspect they will all go before me. If anyone is wondering I used Random.org for the draw but might just go to pieces of paper and a santa hat for future draws.

from this point on no naming potential picks please peeps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Knowing there's two big names and I'll get the choice of one, I kind of feel I've got to pick one of them (we discussed this a few pages back as well :/). Won't name them but it should be pretty obvious who they are.

That said, with Punk gone, I've no clue who I want to feud with either of the people I'll pick. I do like the fact there'll be plenty of big names left for the next round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damn, the stip more or less means I wont be getting some of the names I had planned for round three and four.

Thought Punk would have been drafted number 1 no matter what the stip, think he was one everyone's list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The stip I guess will break up the big names between the rounds and at this early stage there are loads that fit into this debut age. We are using Wiki but last year there was a site that many considerd better than wiki for debuts and who tagged with who for how long if anyone can think of its name ill add that with Wiki to the OP of the other thread. Angle & Punk are two great choices to start us off and could have argueably been picked as the first 2 stip or no stip (afterall ... went first last year). I honestly dont know who I want at no.6 but thats mainly because I have an idea of who the top 5 will be and all of those id be very happy with but I suspect they will all go before me. If anyone is wondering I used Random.org for the draw but might just go to pieces of paper and a santa hat for future draws.

from this point on no naming potential picks please peeps

Off the top of my head theres 8 HUGE picks still left who probably wouldve been drafted in the first round most likely

• Advertisement

Damn, the stip more or less means I wont be getting some of the names I had planned for round three and four.

Thought Punk would have been drafted number 1 no matter what the stip, think he was one everyone's list.

TBH Punk was an obvious choice especially with soooooooooooooo many other potential main eventers with pre 1998 after round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

considered throwing my name down for this but don't have near the level of overall knowledge required outside of WWE/F. Good luck with it though and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it...

Off the top of my head theres 8 HUGE picks still left who probably wouldve been drafted in the first round most likely

Id say about 8 also but either way im confident of getting someone who could have been considerd a first rd pick stip or no stip, of course as TSC mentioned you dont always want someone just because they are the biggest name available at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

r.

Punk was definitely. I never thought of Angle though (TNA makes me forget things)

Theres so much talent post 1998 aswell, at the end of the day, you're just hoping that you have someone that no-one else might have thought of...

Liam O wrote: »
    considered throwing my name down for this but don't have near the level of overall knowledge required outside of WWE/F. Good luck with it though and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it...

tbh in some ways that might help someone as not everyone voting on it (The Participants + maybe Gimmick) will have huge knowledge of all indy or Japanese wrestlers but tis up to yourself can always add you to the reserve list where we have 1/2 names atm. Thats also something I should check from the sign up thread and add to the OP of the other thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Happy New Year to me, 20th pick, nice one:rolleyes:

My first 2 ideal picks though are ineligible so at least i'll have a shot at them next round

8?

I can think of three off the top of my head, but then I know little of Japan :D

Anyway, making the mistake now of pre-booking a story despite the fact I will probably still not get my next pick now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I looked at the order and thought. "Hmm, maybe i could be in with a chance to get punk, or angle even."
    Scrolled down. Dammit..

CMpunked wrote: »
    I looked at the order and thought. "Hmm, maybe i could be in with a chance to get punk, or angle even."
    Scrolled down. Dammit..

ahh the joy of stip rounds. Early ones can shake things up too but you could get an argueably even bigger name in one of the next rds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Last 3 drafts I've been 20th, 19th, and now 17th in the first round. Fiddlesticks!!

Only now have I noticed we have no Diabhal Beag this year in the draft, The comedic element will suffer no doubt. Posters like this and Gimmick who is helping out with 1/2 stips might be considerd for voting privelidges later if they are posting on this thread I guess.

Only now have I noticed we have no Diabhal Beag this year in the draft, The comedic element will suffer no doubt. Posters like this and Gimmick who is helping out with 1/2 stips might be considerd for voting privelidges later if they are posting on this thread I guess.

No Ger either is a terrible shame..

No Ger either is a terrible shame..

very true, although tbh I wasnt expecting him as apposed to a return to the DIabhal Dome. Anywhoo tis always good to get fresh talent in to give the the game different slants to previous years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

19th ah well. Ive won the thing from a similar position in the past I believe. :pac:

Good stip and plenty decent picks to go round.

By the way by debut do we mean US debut?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    By the way by debut do we mean US debut?

Wouldn't that mean there'd be a tonne of older Japanese wrestlers available since they'd never worked in America :S I'd imagine it's their professional debut...

Wiki states the debuts just below their bio, isnt it those that were going by?

I smell a loophole:pac:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Wiki states the debuts just below their bio, isnt it those that were going by?

Yep although as said earlier Wiki is not always 100% reliable so if anyone remembers the name of the other site used last year please post it.

Just noticed Machismo fan is online, guess draft pick 3 could be happening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

18.. sigh :( Ah well, my Plan A is still a-go thanks to the stip. Plenty to choose from in this round so I suppose this isn't a bad one to be drawn lowly in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have been using the wiki debut year myself for my notes

I smell a loophole:pac:

Technically speaking the ruless state that eligible promotions are the US ones though, so shouldnt we be using debuts in those companies.......

flahavaj wrote: »
    Technically speaking the ruless state that eligible promotions are the US ones though, so shouldnt we be using debuts in those companies.......

We never did before.

I'm assuming we're still gonna be doing the PM the guy after you thing?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't that mean there'd be a tonne of older Japanese wrestlers available since they'd never worked in America :S I'd imagine it's their professional debut...

If theyd never worked the US they wouldnt be eligible at all. In reality there are only a small handful of wrestlers who'd actually qualify from Japan.

Advertisement