Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maternity Clothes in Cork?

Options
  • 07-11-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering where is the best to get maternity clothes in Cork. Size 18.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

I find H & M very good for maternity clothes, love their over the bump jeans. New Look is a bit of a hit and miss but it's worth having a look. I was told Next is very good too. Happy shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There are the usual places, like tk max, new look, dunnes, tesco, pennies.

There are some maternity boutiques as well. I liked beautiful bumps on carrolls quay. Got some great tights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

upstairs in New Look on Opera Lane

pwurple wrote: »
    There are the usual places, like tk max, new look, dunnes, tesco, pennies.

There are some maternity boutiques as well. I liked beautiful bumps on carrolls quay. Got some great tights there.

Which Dunnes in Cork does maternity? Do Pennys defo do maternity range still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lucuma wrote: »
    Which Dunnes in Cork does maternity? Do Pennys defo do maternity range still?

It's about 5 years since I bought maternity clothes, so my info is a bit out of date, but Dunnes Bishopstown and patrick street did. Pennies I don't know if they do a specific maternity range still, but they certainly had LOADS of long tops, cardigans etc.

Benetton on oliver plunkett street as well actually had some great stuff. I got a couple of dresses in there that I wore to pieces over my pregnancies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

From my experience of buying maternity clothes in Dublin recently...

Not every branch of a shop will have a maternity section. I ended up ringing H&M, New Look, Next and a few other shops and it saved me lots of time because I was able to work out which branches to go to. In Dublin, anyway, not all branches do maternity and some have a bigger selection than others. So it's worth ringing in advance.

A lots of maternity wear shops in both Dublin and Galway (I checked both!) have closed as well over the last few years as people shop more online, so it's worth making sure the smaller maternity boutiques still exist before visiting. A few Facebook pages saved me a visit to these shops, as it was clear from them the shops had closed down.

Not sure if anybody mentioned Debenhams yet. They have some nice stuff (again, check which branch!). More expensive than New Look, but better cut. I got a lovely dress there and a skirt, both very flattering.

Best of luck in your search!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've actually had a very similar experience to An Bhanrion when shopping for maternity clothes in London! It only really seems to be H&M, Debenhams and Mothercare that reliably have a maternity section in-store, Topshop have one in their Oxford Street branch but put it so out of the way that it has a separate entrance from a side street (maybe I'm a bit old in my 30s for most of their stuff anyway :pac: ). Bravissimo have been very helpful - have had two fittings with them since I've been expecting because my boobs just will not stop growing!

I've ended up ordering online mostly - Gap maternity jeans are great, have been living in my full panel skinny jeans since around 14 weeks. They have a lot of discount codes too, never pay full price! Got a lovely black lace dress for over Christmas from Next online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Bought all my maternity clothes in the past year so this should be relevant!

I got most of my maternity clothes in next and debenhams.
    Next in the city and Mahon point have a limited but ok selection. You can also order from their website and as long as you order before 10pm you can get delivery next day which is fantastic. Next jeans are great I find, although the sizing runs big so bare that in mind. Debenhams jeans are pretty good too.

H&M, New Look and Jo Jo Maman Bebe in the city have an OK selection too.
    Jo Jo more on the expensive side but good quality.

Mothercare in Mahon point have a few bits too - I never bought anything there so can't vouch for quality.
    In Douglas there's a shop called jellybean - located in the woollen mills. They have dressier more expensive stuff so would be good if you had an occasion to attend.

ASOS have a fantastic collection online - free delivery and you can send it all back with parcel connect for about €4 if it doesn't fit/suit. I bought heaps of stuff and just sent back what didn't fit.

Wish dunnes did maternity clothes but I've never seen them in any of their shops :(

Gmail wrote: »
    Next in the city and Mahon point have a limited but ok selection. You can also order from their website and as long as you order before 10pm you can get delivery next day which is fantastic. Next jeans are great I find, although the sizing runs big so bare that in mind.

I was in Next Mahon point yesterday and yeah they have a limited selection (but not too bad just doesn't compare with New Look) I got a lovely pair of maternity jeans there

Missed the maternity section in Debenhams completely on my last pregnancy oops, will have to have a look there as well

Advertisement