Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Bumblefoot wrote: »
    Do they send out a text for on campus accommodation? I lost my number that i gave them.. so should I ring tommorrow?

If you booked it and you haven't heard anything back then yeah you should defo ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

they probably have texted me but my phone was stolen and i just got a new number .. i'm lucky I read this! will they be open now?

I doubt they'll be open now I'd leave it until tomorrow and give them a ring then :)

ah I may as well try.. any idea what number I ring?

I've no idea tbh it's prob on their website in the "contact us" section

• Advertisement

its ok I got it! I sent an email and I'm ringing first thing tomorrow.. thanks for the help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

garv123 wrote: »
    Still need one person for a house in Alder Close in elm.
    50 per week for a spacious single room (not a box room at the top of the stairs like normal)

You still looking for someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Any first years here booked to stay in Brookfield? Not knowing anyone is worrying me, freaking out about housemate sitch and stuff haha

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Any first years here booked to stay in Brookfield? Not knowing anyone is worrying me, freaking out about housemate sitch and stuff haha

I wouldnt worry, youll love it. Im a 3rd yr, there again this year, and it sounds like a great place to be this year, as their gettin wifi set up in every block and a gym! The common lounge area is always gud for a laugh on football nites and weekends if yeah stay up. Youll find yourself mixing with loads outside your block

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im going to Brookfield!

• Advertisement

Ah a gym, seriously?? Excellent :D How do they sort who you room with/what kind of apartment you go into? Just randomly or?

Randomly but all years are usually together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any ideas on how quick the internet is in Brookfield?

as of now its less than 1mb in the apartments, and anywhere from 3-6mb in lounge area through wifi, but I was told this morning that 2mb wifi will be throughout the apartment blocks by sept

What kind of shops/facilities are actually around or near Brookfield btw? i didnt get a chance to check out distances or anything. Is it a case of needing to get the bus places or?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

What kind of shops/facilities are actually around or near Brookfield btw? i didnt get a chance to check out distances or anything. Is it a case of needing to get the bus places or?

Nothing :D

shops are about 1km, offy, pizza and chinese are slightly less.

Bus stop is a little more than the shops.

I think theres a hourly bus to the city passing brookfield now though.

Aldi is a ten min walk, 15 if your one of those that drags his heals. two service stations with small shops in them are a little closer. Spar and butcher outside gates of UL on your way home too. And the pizza takeaway, Chinese and subway are only 5mins walk from brookfield. Being here since sept, do it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Just been confirmed for Groody for oncoming year,
    Anyone who's been there be able to tell me what it's like beforehand, or where it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Anyone who's been there be able to tell me what it's like beforehand, or where it is!

Groodys nice. Only been in it once or twice but I liked it. Hoping to live there next year. Does it really take that long for them to get back to you about a place?
    It's before Brookfield :P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Has anyone got anything from on campus for this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

phish wrote: »

I'm staying in Plassey for the year :) booked it back in April but hadn't heard anything so I rang them today and they said we can move in from 1st September :):D

Aeternum wrote: »
    I'm staying in Plassey for the year :) booked it back in April but hadn't heard anything so I rang them today and they said we can move in from 1st September :):D

Booked into Plassey too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I lived in Groody and will be living there this year too. If you're walking from the college, you go straight through the roundabout (The TravelLodge will be on your right). Alternatively, if you're heading into Limerick from the Dublin Road, you turn right at Groody roundabout. Then turn left at the smaller roundabout and it's on your right :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Haven't received the lease agreement thing yet anyway. Paid back in July so I'm guessing it's coming next week.
    Aeternum wrote: »

Thanks, was wondering what date it was this year actually. :)

woo plassey :D

I was going to stay in Plassey but I left it too long and the only on campus I was offered was Cappavilla, which does seem lovely but I would like to afford to eat (or at least drink) this semester :P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Haven't received the lease agreement thing yet anyway. Paid back in July so I'm guessing it's coming next week.

Ya that's what I was wondering about too. I paid back in July also and hadn't got the lease yet so I was just wondering if I was the only one. I'm going to Drumroe by the way.

Also haven't received anything about my fees. Think I'm just wondering because my sister already got hers (even though she goes to NUIG and they are back a week before us).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ya that's what I was wondering about too. I paid back in July also and hadn't got the lease yet so I was just wondering if I was the only one. I'm going to Drumroe by the way.

Also haven't received anything about my fees. Think I'm just wondering because my sister already got hers (even though she goes to NUIG and they are back a week before us).

Same as. Dromroe as well and nothing about fees either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Poppy121

Any first years living in Kilmurry? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

sup_dude wrote: »
    Groodys nice. Only been in it once or twice but I liked it. Hoping to live there next year. Does it really take that long for them to get back to you about a place?
    It's before Brookfield :P

Oh no no, I've paid deposit and everything, just paid first semester fees day before the post, actually they're pretty prompt on the response :)
    iLaura wrote: »
    I lived in Groody and will be living there this year too. If you're walking from the college, you go straight through the roundabout (The TravelLodge will be on your right). Alternatively, if you're heading into Limerick from the Dublin Road, you turn right at Groody roundabout. Then turn left at the smaller roundabout and it's on your right :)

I thought it was!
    Google Maps gave me a heart attack :P

Advertisement