Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Prufrock wrote: »
    Looking for a team to play with near Phibsboro, D7 region. A team were you can turn up and train, maby get into the team if you are good enough.

Try Bohs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Lads,

Looking to get back playing for a bit of craic and nothing too serious
    Any over 35's teams looking for a right back/centre half any where near Donnybrook area..please let me know...can travel a few miles no problems

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Daro32

Hi, my name is Darragh and I play for Castle Rovers football club in Ucfl Div 2 ( we play saturday afternoons between 1-3pm usually as I'm sure you all know).
    We are beginning training on wednesday 21st July in Sallynoggin and if you anyone would like to join us you can contact me on this site. We are always looking for new players.
    We train once a week on wednesday evening around 7.20/7.30pm in sallynoggin. We will also train the odd saturday when we have no match. (saturday training also before the season starts).
    I was also wondering if there are any other teams in the South dublin area that would like to go halves on sharing a ptich for midweek training somewhere. Obviously we all have less money now and astro pitches are expensive but if two teams had half a pitch each one night a week then porhaps we could make it work!! Anyway, good to meet you all and send me a msg back if you have any interest. All the best, Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

5-a-side in Avon Ri, Blessington tonight. Looking for a couple of bodies, any standard. It's only a mess about. PM me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

Looking for a club for the season. I'd prefer somewhere close to North city centre, (Marino, Fairview, etc or anywhere closer to CC even.) I will train twice per week plus match at the weekend. Standard doesnt have to be very high. Just looking for somewhere competitive and well run!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Des wrote: »
    Try Bohs :D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

hi just looking to know if there is any teams in louth looking for players , havent played in a year and want to get back playing and try and get fit will train twice per week and game at weekend also, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kingcarra

living in laytown would love to get back playing im 29 used ta play in defence would play anywere now. looking for sat/sun or even astro or 5-a-side teams not bothered just wanna train and play. thanks amill

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

kingcarra wrote: »
    living in laytown would love to get back playing im 29 used ta play in defence would play anywere now. looking for sat/sun or even astro or 5-a-side teams not bothered just wanna train and play. thanks amill
    it looks like Laytown has a local team, try to find them out. They play in AUL Div2 A, if I am not mistaken :}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

B2k wrote: »
    Looking for a club for the season. I'd prefer somewhere close to North city centre, (Marino, Fairview, etc or anywhere closer to CC even.) I will train twice per week plus match at the weekend. Standard doesnt have to be very high. Just looking for somewhere competitive and well run!

Anyone know any websites so where I can get a list of clubs in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

B2k wrote: »
    Anyone know any websites so where I can get a list of clubs in Dublin?

If you Google the LSL, AUl or UCFL it'll bring up the sites where you will get a list of clubs in each div and contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 astroturf303

Hi Brian,

I would be interested to play 5 a side, my level is basic, Im really to playing to get fit and also because it is great craic, let me know if you need another player.

cheers,

John

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Hi,

We're looking for another few regular players. We've been playing for around 3-4 years but struggling with the numbers lately. Nice friendly bunch of lads of all ages (16-50's) with varying skill levels. Not too serious but good intense and competitive games most nights!

Tuesdays, 9pm-10pm, Dunboyne Community Centre, outdoor astroturf.. STUCK TONIGHT ESPECIALLY!!

Cheers,
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Hey guys, looking for decent 11-a-side team somwhere in the D4 region but am willing to travel if need be.

I play at a decent standard at the minute i.e. the first and third tier of the Mayo League. It's too much hassle travelling up and down plus the season finishes there in September.

PM me if anyone has any info.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 purplemonkey79

if anyone interested in joining finglas wanderers on the northside
    give us a shout,we're about 2 weeks into our pre season and train up in mellows park behind the Finglas Leisure Centre on a tues thurs,we play div3 saturday in the aul,we'd like to add a few new players as when we get into the winters months a few fall by the wayside
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BizAngel

Looking for a regular game of 5 a side soccer in Cork. Nothing too serious. Want to keep fit and have a bit of craic. If you need someone let me know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Compulsion

Anyone interested in playing United Churches League Division 2B this season, Ardmore Rovers Seniors now have formed a second team and are looking for players of all levels and skill.

We are a few weeks into pre season but would be more than happy to welcome new players.

Trials are being held this coming Wednesday (28/07/10) at 7.15pm and Saturday (31/07/10) at 1.00pm. Both sessions are being held in Ballywaltrim Rec. Park in Bray. All skill and fitness levels are welcome. For further details please contact me via boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

My other Astro 11-a-side team are short 2 men for tonight's game at 8pm in St. Judes, Templeogue.

Send me a PM if you're interested in playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Hi all me and some of my mates have started up a new team for the coming season based in skerries.well be in the AFL im told and im wondering if anyone around the north dublin area would be looking a friendly as we really need game time.pm me if your interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 salis13

Regular game of astro on a friday night needs a few bodies to make up the numbers.

Different ages and standards welcome.

Fridays 7.15-8.15 St Raphaela's Astro stillorgan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Braveheart_21

My other Astro 11-a-side team are short 2 men for tonight's game at 8pm in St. Judes, Templeogue.

Send me a PM if you're interested in playing.

I'd be interested in playing on wednesdays if u're ever stuck, I play regularly.
    sure let me know !

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

hi 31 year old looking for a 11 a side team to play with any where in the louth area, havent played in a year and want to get back at it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ratpack

hey there,

i play mon and wed at astro in tallaght but i am looking for a change.Let me know when your playing and lets see if it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone looking for a keeper? Played up till I was 17 to go back to the GAA, now 20. Still been playing 5 a side. Living in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

Hi all, any saturday afternoon kickabout looking for a few more players?

Use to play in Herbert Park every saturday for a couple of years, went down last saturday to see if that game was still being played but doesn't look like it :(

Would love to get back playing again!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Hi everyone,
    We moved our game from Saturday 4 pm, to Sunday 12 am. If anyone interested PM me.
    We play in Blanchardstown, Damastown Way pitches (natural).
    No fee. 5x5 - 8x8... varying... We have little goals for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BizAngel

Looking for players for a regular game of 5-a-side in the Ballincollig area. Not interested in the 5-a-side leagues. This is just for fun and fitness. Venue and time not decided. Any standard welcome....may suit fella's who want to take the boots out of retirement! Drop me a PM for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Miilla

Well
    I play 5 a side on Friday nights but its not enough...I want more! So if any of you fellas know of struggling 5 - aside games on Tues or Wed evening - Let me know:)

Also..while I'm here!
    I used to take part in a boards random game in the Phoenix Park on Saturday afternoons which were good crack - Do these still happen...I want in!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Well established game (10+ years) on a monday @ Mount Temple (north Dublin) needs players.

Monday @ 6, and sometimes theres a spot free Friday @ 6 also.

PM me if interested.

Players range in age from early twenties to mid 40s

Play on astro turf, 7 on 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Weekly 5-a-side in the Postal Club, Kiltipper Road, D24 looking for a couple of new regular players. Wednesdays at 9pm for one hour, €5 per man per week. Open to all standards. Just PM me if interested either in playing regularly or just checking it out.

Advertisement