Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sound cutting out

Options
  • 20-12-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All

I live in Limerick city and have noticed over the last few weeks that the sounds cuts out momentarily on my tv programmes. This is across all channels but is especially noticeable on RTE1. This never used to happen before and it is a pain. I have Chorus (not digital). Has this been happening to anybody else? Can it be corrected? I am linking it paranoidedly to the neighbours' recent installation of satellite dish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

I have non-digital Chorus aswell and can't say I've noticed anything like this. Plenty of problems with that shower in the past though...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing surprises me with Chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Neighbours satellite dish would have nothing to do with it.

I had awful problems With the cable service I had with them previously. Turned out, the junction box at the road where our feeder line was taken kept on flooding. Ring them and get them to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

like bob said just ring chorus and hpefully its something small
    wouldnt be a big fan of chorus myself to be honest

hopefully NTL will come to Limerick soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

1huge1 wrote:
    like bob said just ring chorus and hpefully its something small
    wouldnt be a big fan of chorus myself to be honest

hopefully NTL will come to Limerick soon...

I've news for you. Chorus and NTL are the same company. Soon to be rebranded as UPC Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

oh ya of course
    but arent they still offering two different products?
    you always hear NTL only being offered in galway waterford and dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

1huge1 wrote:
    oh ya of course
    but arent they still offering two different products?
    you always hear NTL only being offered in galway waterford and dublin

Ya don't think it will be like that for too much longer from what i heard but with those two companies, anything is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

presume you have tried another TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 city girl

Only have the one! And thats enough, brain-sapping thing that it is. Thanks for replies - I will give them a ring and see if they can fix it. And I'll stop giving the neighbours the evil eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The problem is that Chorus are crap, particularly the analogue.service.

On some modern TVs if the signal isn't good enough it will cut the audio to stop you being deafened by white noise.

• Advertisement

Bugger, I seem to have developed the same problem. Sound on Channel 4 is now cutting out every 10 seconds. Teletext is gone on BBC1/2, UTV and C4 aswell. Of course that always happens...

Feckin' Chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I believe (and I could be wrong on this) that Chorus get their BBC1 BBC2 etc from the digital transmissions on ASTRA satelite.

Digital channels have different teletext to the old channels. therefore your text will not work on them.

That could have something to do with it (no idea really), although it works most of the time and then just disappears for a bit every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Just get sky :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dv wrote:
    That could have something to do with it (no idea really), although it works most of the time and then just disappears for a bit every now and then.

That is probably down to poor quality of signal.

Advertisement