Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1st year Arts - Psychology

• 07-03-2016 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    So I'm currently doing Arts in NUIG and I really love Psychology out of my chosen subjects and am interested in keeping it up for the next two years. I'm aware of needing to get in the top 15 to advance to Denominated Psychology and the next 100 get to do Psychological Studies with another one of their subjects, I'd be really delighted with either but I'm really pushing for the top 15!
    I was just wondering if anyone who got into the top 15, what was the cut off point? Currently when I add all of my assignment and exam results up to this point I average around the mid 70s and will hopefully push it up with the rest of assignments and exams for this year. I read somewhere that you need to get in the 80s to get into it but some also said high 70s and I'd just like to clarify. The cut off point for Psychological Studies is apparently mid 60s so I hopefully have that in the bag at this stage.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Ruckus514 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    So I'm currently doing Arts in NUIG and I really love Psychology out of my chosen subjects and am interested in keeping it up for the next two years. I'm aware of needing to get in the top 15 to advance to Denominated Psychology and the next 100 get to do Psychological Studies with another one of their subjects, I'd be really delighted with either but I'm really pushing for the top 15!
    I was just wondering if anyone who got into the top 15, what was the cut off point? Currently when I add all of my assignment and exam results up to this point I average around the mid 70s and will hopefully push it up with the rest of assignments and exams for this year. I read somewhere that you need to get in the 80s to get into it but some also said high 70s and I'd just like to clarify. The cut off point for Psychological Studies is apparently mid 60s so I hopefully have that in the bag at this stage.
    Thanks
    I would have thought the cut off point will vary... have you asked in the school of psychology?
    If you're mid 70s or there abouts id say you will be close enough but you're best off asking the school of arts/school of psychology...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ColtCorona

The cut off point does vary each year but if you are averaging at 70+ you're pretty much guaranteed to get it.

I got in three years ago with 72, and haven't heard of anyone getting in with anything lower than 70.

Good luck!

Advertisement