Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIT accommodation

• 08-07-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm hoping to be starting in AIT in September and I was just wondering is croi oige good accommodation for first years? Or would anyone recommend anywhere else? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057233523

There you go, it's also literally across the road from the college, is behind a shop and 2 takeaways are almost next door to you in Croi Oige.

Me personally I'd try for an actual house as opposed to student accommodation for the freedom and comfort it offers, each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lucyloo2014

Thanks very much :) what do you mean by freedom in an actual house compared to student accommodation? :)

I suppose I mean that a house is bigger, "breathing space" comes to mind. I also like having good internet, due to my course, which a house offers (eg: UPC for the 3-5 people in a house) as opposed to accommodation (UPC for the 1000 people in Croi Oige).

I also mean the fact that the sitting room / dining area and kitchen are shared, was never a big fan of that.

Just personal preference really.

Oh okay thank you :) and do you know if most first years would go to croi oige or what would most do? Sorry about all the questions :P

I don't know what most first years would do, there's too many of them :pac:

The entire area around the college would have the bulk of the students I would guess. So Croi Oige, Valley Court, Cypress Gardens, Any of the houses along retreat road and the other student accommodations.

Wouldn't worry too much about not having any first years around you, there'll be plenty regardless of where you choose to live.

• Advertisement

Here's the student union website: http://www.aitsu.ie/. They have some more information and an accommodation list on there too, if you need it.

Thanks so much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ceady

I will also be looking for accommodation if I get my course and would like to share a house. I have heard Cypress Gardens is one of the nicest areas around the College

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

The Students' Union is open all summer 10am - 3pm (Lunch 1-2)
    We've got an accommodation list available if you drop in we can print you out a copy.
    We've also a accommodation website going live in the next few weeks where you will be able to view houses like a daft.ie kind of website.

www.aitsu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Willow park :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement