Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need an Auto Electrician on the Northside

Options
  • 26-01-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hey All :)

Got my a55 outta bed this morning at 9am for an appointment with an auto electrician near the airport who didn't show :(

Can anyone recommend one on the northside? Everything in the goldenpages seems to be soutside :(

PS : problem is that radio has stopped working about 3 weeks ago.. I've come back to it twice this week to find the whole car dead (jumped to start) but I'd left nothing on. I'm wondering is the radio draining power?

There is power going to the unit as it gets backlit when I turn on the lights. However it's dead when i hit the power switch. I've checked the fuse under the dash but no joy. Also around the same time one of the dials on the center console has lost its backlighting. About 8 weeks ago a relay changed for the rear demister. Have had some clunky behaviour on my auto wipers .. I can't help but wonder is it all connected:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

What car are you having trouble with?

The backlights coming on when the main lights are switched on is irrevelent. The backlight on the dial is probably a bulb.

Who changed the relay for the rear demister? The demister is a very power hungry device so make sure that it's switched off when not required (newer cars have the demister on a timer circuit - switches off after 10 min or when the key is removed from the ignition).

Some auto electricians may not go out of the way for a radio so call them and tell them it's something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

There is a place a the dumcondra end of the richmond rd specializes in car electrics - go in to them and ask them to sort it for you - even buy a stereo of them seeing as you need one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Disconnect the fuse for the radio (Power supply) and if this stops the car battery going flat theres your problem, its the radio. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

one in blanch village beside blanchardstown 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

It's a phase 3 pug 306 (yes.. french i know shame on me)

It was a lad in Cloghran there.. airport auto electrics. I went back to him as he did the job and thought it might be connected. I laid out the problem over the phone and he seemed to have no problem booking me in. :(

The demister goes off on a timer.. 15 mins i think and thankfully the car hasn't been flat again. Somebody told me there's a seperate fuse in the back of the radio which is why I want to get someone to look at it.. rather than break something else by faffing around with things I know nothing about!

might do tha jim./. wanted one of them new bluetooth ones to stop me worrying about car kits :S

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement