Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

dorgasm wrote: »
    Correct. They are charging €350 for the Galaxy S3 in store.

is the SGS3 back in stock now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

The white one is when I went to do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Thanks Du Maurier...I have it in an email from them that the One S was free with the half price offer. It was one of the main reasons that I changed my land line over to Eircom when my contract was up but now they are looking for €89.

Sh*t storm approaching me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting the run around from Emobile? I switched over from Eircom recently and going on the info in post 1 tried to get a HTC One S...they are now looking for €89 for it...am awaiting an answer back from them but I keep on getting different info. I was told the €89 is now only if you take out the full Unlimited and not the half price unlimited..wtf?

EDIT: Should have said it was free in post 1, now they are looking for €89 when I try to sign up

It's the other way around. "ordinary unlimited" is free, but because this is a "half price offer" and, in their own words quoted earlier in this thread, they are/were charging €89. But in some cases their system was not updated so it is possible that it may turn out to be free.

So they messed up with their wording in the email you got - so good luck trying to use it to your advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭statto25

Wow that's weird, heard people say there was only a tenner in the difference if you went to a store.

Thats correct I paid €249 in store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Got the blue one yesterday and it looks alot better than I had hoped for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

statto25 wrote: »
    Thats correct I paid €249 in store

Same here, thats what I paid... Haven't heard of anyone having to pay €350. I was shown the price lists in store that showed the online prices v in store prices and the SIII was listed at €249...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

As has been demonstrated in this thread, the staff don't seem to have a clue what's going on. Everything seems to be at their own discretion. Pretty ridiculous, they are giving the deal to non eircom customers, discounting the phone by €100 online and over the phone and even in store they can't come up with a consistent price. Hopefully they won't be so inept if I ever have to sort out a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Would anyone have a code, would like to take this out as soon as I get it, be very grateful thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SaKi-The-Killer

Ditto!

• Advertisement

What you must realise is that if people give you a code, they are giving you their eircom account number. To avail of the deal, they must give their phone number to you too. Once entered to the eMobile application, it brings up the account holder's name and address. With these details, a bit of damage could be potentially done (not accusing anyone, just hypothetical).

Basically, I wouldn't be too comfortable giving out these details to random people on the internet and I'm sure many feel the same. People asking for codes are probably wasting their time..

As has been demonstrated in this thread, the staff don't seem to have a clue what's going on. Everything seems to be at their own discretion. Pretty ridiculous, they are giving the deal to non eircom customers, discounting the phone by €100 online and over the phone and even in store they can't come up with a consistent price. Hopefully they won't be so inept if I ever have to sort out a problem with them.

I rang yesterday and asked for conformation of my contract in writing/email as I never got it i.e how much I am paying a month and how much I paid for the phone. It was as if I had ten heads, the woman on the phone couldnt comprehend what I was looking for, then told me it was not possible ha! After being transferred three times I finally got through to someone who could understand my apparently outrageous request!

Just ring up, and keep ringing up until you get it! Youll have alot better luck than trying to convince complete strangers to hand over their eircom acc. details out of the goodness of their hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bullion

Some have got it for €139 it may have been reduced.

Ordered sgs3 by phone last Friday (using in-law's acc. Tnks for tip-off podgeandrodge!) btw, was told it was €239. I checked with them today, told that order hasn't been processed yet and couldn't tell me when it might be. Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get delivery of new phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Rang up today to put through the order. Had rang last week and it was €139 upfront card payment for the SGS3. Had to clear a previous Meteor bill first and rang back today. All grand (except out of blue for "about a month" so went for white) - was told ok that'll be €239. :confused:

I told her she'd said €139 before... she said that was a problem with the system and orders gone through at €139 would be getting an extra €100 charge on the second bill. Can they do that?!

Also the €239 would have been charged to the second bill, and not a card payment. I cancelled the order.

Had a look at the website, it was still €139. I got to the last page when you put in the voucher code (account#).

The summary went from this; withoutvoucher.gif ...to this; withvoucher.gif

So the voucher is cutting the monthly rate but also adding €100 to the phone.

I've now ordered the phone from Three (Free SGS3 on €40.66/mth)

That's exactly what the deal is? Where are you getting confused? I think I'd rather a 6 month shorter contract @ €5 less per month. Unlimited calls, texts and data for the foreseeable future is as good as a tariff gets tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Would have loved to have gotten this deal, however getting a bit fed up with the way eMobile are handling it to be honest.

Have tried my account number on the link as per the first page of this thread numerous times and keep getting error messages, so no dice there.

Have also rang up eMobile trying to sign up for the offer and keep getting conflicting info with some saying that I need to have a specific voucher and not just an eircom account number, then there's the fact I can't get a straight answer regarding the price of the SGS3 handset either - 139 VS 239.

I think this is one Bargain Alert I'll be missing out on. :(

I'll still be checking here though to see how everyone else is getting on, best of luck guys! :)

I got the SIII for 139 euro. There was never a mention of it for 239 euro.
    If I am charged an extra 100 on my second bill I shall be sending the phone back. That is not the contract I agreed to over the phone.

Edit: So we shall see how much they want my slightly used GSIII.

Anyone have any idea of the legal side of this? Can they slap on an extra 100 quid after the 14 day grace period without ever mentioning it? Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

moonshadow wrote: »
    Anyone get their first bill yet?any surprises?

My first bill is on "my eMobile" section of their website and I'm being charged €14.50 for 23 May - 04 June and €34.50 for 05 June - 04 July so everything adds up. Obviously, the billing cycle is from the 4th of each month.

The only potential problem I see is that the discount is described as a "Select Unlimited 12 Months 50% Discount" which may suggest that the reduced rate only applies for the first 12 months of the 18 month contract.

Does anyone else see this on their bill?

polaris68 wrote: »
    The only potential problem I see is that the discount is described as a "Select Unlimited 12 Months 50% Discount" which may suggest that the reduced rate only applies for the first 12 months of the 18 month contract.

I have select unlimited 18 months on mine :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Seriously, what is going on with them? Are they just swamped or badly trained?
    Kind of regretting changing over to Eircom now for my landline.

I am still waiting on Tony, the Emobile Boards rep to get back to me as to why he will not stand over the email where he said the HTC One S would be free and now they are looking for €89 for it. :(

My first bill is on "my eMobile" section of their website and I'm being charged €14.50 for 23 May - 04 June and €34.50 for 05 June - 04 July so everything adds up. Obviously, the billing cycle is from the 4th of each month.

That's not a problem, if anything it looks like you may have gotten the deal on a 12 month contract! A mistake on their side. It happened me on my last contract. I was supposed to be on an 18 month contract but was signed up for 12 months with no price penalty. My guess is that you did it over the phone?

Damie wrote: »
    My contact states what I paid for the phone. Nothing anywhere about an extra 100 euro to be paid or charged. I'm on the phone right now to Customer Services so will let ye know what the official line is....

Update:

Just off the phone with Customer Services.

They CANNOT charge an extra 100 euro. When you pay for the phone, you do so by Debit/Credit card. They cannot add 100 Euro onto this, which is common sense tbf.

I asked if my next bill would have the extra charge included and she told me that it would not be possible to add this charge either.

I have asked to have it emailed for confirmation and she's working on that at the moment, I'll confirm again when I get the email.

Hopefully this puts people's minds to rest....

D

Did you ever get this conformation damie?? Care to share what exactly it said just in case some of us are put in the same situation re: the 100 euro. Might give them a ring later and shout at someone :P

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Seriously, what is going on with them? Are they just swamped or badly trained?
    Kind of regretting changing over to Eircom now for my landline.

I am still waiting on Tony, the Emobile Boards rep to get back to me as to why he will not stand over the email where he said the HTC One S would be free and now they are looking for €89 for it. :(

Very badly trained.

The increase in price of the phone when you signed up for the discounted (€34.50) monthly plan was clearly indicated on their website from the very beginning. If you sign up for the plan at the normal rate of €64 pm you get the phone cheaper or for free.

Their sales staff then started to sell the phones at the cheaper prices on the discounted plan which has created all this confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

That shouldn't be a problem! I joined less than a month ago and eMobile sent this to me yesterday...

"Thank you for availing of our exclusive half price Bill Pay offer. You are now on Select Unlimited (18 month contract) for only EUR34.50 a month. You may notice that this is noted on your bill as a 12 month discount, but this discount is available to you for life, as long as you remain on this plan. The eMobile Team".

So I wouldn't worry too much...

That's not a problem, if anything it looks like you may have gotten the deal on a 12 month contract! A mistake on their side. It happened me on my last contract. I was supposed to be on an 18 month contract but was signed up for 12 months with no price penalty. My guess is that you did it over the phone?

No, on the top of page 2 of the bill the price plan is described as "Select Unlimited 18 months"

No problem there, that's what I signed up for (via their website)

Further down in the Other Charges and Credits section, the discount which reduces the monthly rate to €34.50 is described as a "Select Unlimited 12 Months 50% Discount"

It's the 12 months here that has me concerned.

edit.

cross posted with nairy hipples above: looks like there is nothing to worry about. Thanks!

Ah right. I hadn't seen it so it didn't make sense. Cleared up thankfully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

That's exactly what the deal is? Where are you getting confused? I think I'd rather a 6 month shorter contract @ €5 less per month. Unlimited calls, texts and data for the foreseeable future is as good as a tariff gets tbh.

Was confused by the change of price to €139 paid in advance, to €239 paid on second bill and claim that if I had bought for €139 last week that I'd be billed for the extra €100 on bill 2 anyway. I can't see how they could do that though.

Also the offer seems to claim clearly that you get "Half Price Bills" ... but you don't see the extra €100 added to the non-offer phone cost until just before ordering.

They definitely mentioned it somewhere on the advertising. They don't mention how much but they do mention a premium would be added. Also, they say it's half price but last time I checked, €34.50 isn't ½ of €64 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

J o e wrote: »
    Also the offer seems to claim clearly that you get "Half Price Bills" ... but you don't see the extra €100 added to the non-offer phone cost until just before ordering.

Not to mind that's it's not actually half price - it's half of the non-eircom customer price - but only Eircom customers are elibible!

Advertisement