Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

^^^ Well one!! How many seasons did it take you to win your first League? ^^^
    Any chance of a squad screenshot
    Its odd looking to see the big 6 all finishng in the top 7, I love to see a couple of the big teams slide down the table.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

73 goals in a season!!
    thats mad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

tvercetti wrote: »
    ^^^ Well one!! How many seasons did it take you to win your first League? ^^^
    Any chance of a squad screenshot
    Its odd looking to see the big 6 all finishng in the top 7, I love to see a couple of the big teams slide down the table.

Six seasons to win my first league. Shocking I know! But have won it four in a row now! Hammered Spurs 4-0 in Champions League final. Chelsea also won the Europa League.
    The top sides tend to yoyo every season! Tottenham are playing really well for the last two seasons. Will see if I can get a screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    Six seasons to win my first league. Shocking I know! But have won it four in a row now! Hammered Spurs 4-0 in Champions League final. Chelsea also won the Europa League.
    The top sides tend to yoyo every season! Tottenham are playing really well for the last two seasons. Will see if I can get a screenshot.

That's very true. It seems to select 2/3 teams at random and then give them mediocre to absolutely terrible seasons. In my first season in the PL as Swansea, both Arsenal and Utd were hovering in mid-table in April, while Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and City ran away with it at the top.

The next season then, it was Spurs and Liverpool who fell down the league while Newcastle and Everton surged up it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My best player decided he was too good for me and wouldn't sign a new contract. Lost him on a free. :( Could easily have got half a million for him. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My best player decided he was too good for me and wouldn't sign a new contract. Lost him on a free. :( Could easily have got half a million for him. :mad:

Thats an absolute killer when you're with the lower reputation clubs especially when you could have made good money on him.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats an absolute killer when you're with the lower reputation clubs especially when you could have made good money on him.

They've been kind enough to let me have him until the end of the season. He's only 21 too. It was Frankfurt who bought him.

Will post up some screengrabs tomorrow but I just finished 2021 season winning every competition I was in!! Just pure unbelievable!

Oh and my board must be making my new ground bigger as they have pushed out the finish date by two more years!?

Just had my best season ever in Football Manager. Seven Trophies!

ManUtdvBlackburnInformation_Overview.png

BlackburnvChelseaInformation_Overview.png

BlackburnvWolvesInformation_Overview.png

BlackburnvBocaInformation_Overview.png

TottenhamvBlackburnInformation_Overview.png

BlackburnvFCPInformation_Overview.png

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

And my best player this season:

MbayeNiangOverview_Profile.png

With 5 games left! :D

631410985.png?key=1272254&Expires=1344200105&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=fl~UYWMxfYJ3Z4PNxPo2DVqm3JjRutKe6c1Xsz-spCnfYt70WMt-ny-CIFs17zwmb9Hc8CSdpXu4bGTcSQUgiqqijqmx7vLsdvKJtbBC1MKEbVukV8Kl~lTlO01vIr5Szm2hSHtz07-Kc3jJz8iSiM7RF5i5GyAcJ-z3ROikZ8k_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Playing as Liverpool and having my most fun game in a long while. Like the way we play awesome but also struggle meaning there's something to work towards. champions league is the aim and currently 5 points ahead of newcastle and spurs.
    but thats not the interesting thing. Its late january and sergio aguero has already scored 40, yes 40 premier league goals. easily the most redic performance from an AI controlled player i've ever seen. i think the reason is that in the league is has teams like southampton, norwich, swansea etc. whose stats aren't really updated(this is fm11) i've made a few players better and updated their squads but their still easy pickings for a team like city.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Currently in a season with United, only a few games in but trouncing everyone really.

Here are the goal highlights from hammering Fulham, some belters here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcbvWsJJzcs&list=UUV9eCfq-i6CVfjmrNwEo-3w&index=1&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Started out as the San Marino NT last night. Went super defensive for a friendly with Romania. 2-0 down after 80 minutes and only one attempt on goal. Changed to my normal more attacking formation and got 5 attempts in the last ten. Next game was against Holland. Figured I was going to lose anyway so started with the attacking formation instead of inviting them on to me. At least fight back was my thinking. Good news? I scored. Bad news? They scored. 17 times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So I decided to give LLM a go with all the traditional rules and restrictions. I never strayed far from them in the past anyway, but I do often use player search and downloaded training schedules.

Anyway, started up a game with Sunday League reputation and took over Mervue United in the Irish First Division. The game started in July 2011 with 22 games already gone and us sitting in 9th. After cutting lose some staff and transfer listing some players to try get finances under control, I set up my tactics, held a team meeting and chose my team carefully.

My first game in charge was away to Limerick F.C who are sitting in 3rd. We were massive underdogs, so I set up quite defensively. First half went well, apart from an injury to my left midfielder in the 43rd minute. Disaster struck in the 56th minute when they banged one in from the edge of the box.

Expecting to lose anyway, I decided it was worth having a run at them to see if we could salvage a point. I brought on a young, generally poor, but very fast poacher to try and get behind them. He was only on a couple of minutes when he got past the last man, forcing him into a professional foul and a red card!

In the next 10 minutes one of my CBs scored twice from corners! Time wasting to the max, full time comes, 1-2 to Mervue.

First game and it was probably the most exciting and rewarding I've had in FM in quite some time. This could be interesting. I'd put money down that I'll be back here later crying that I have lost 12 in a row though. ;)

Weird session last night.

I had gone on a pretty relentless domestic run winning 15 games on the bounce and then came up against wolves and bolton and pulled out two draws. Scoring hasn't been my problem and my defence has been solid but both ended with 1-1 draws.

Chelsea were up next and are potential title rivals and after opening sensationally to a 3-0 lead the game finish 4-4 : /

I held a team meeting where I outlined that I wasn't impressed and with City up next, we romped home to a 5-0 victory, and Mancini, currently languishing in 8th is under serious threat.

I think the slump has come with some of my defensive players getting a bit jaded. Carrick has been playing mostly every game as Fletcher is out injured again, so I'm looking into investing in a backup DM in the January window.

My CB's are rotating well and being kept fresh. Ferdinand and Jones are my main pair, with Vidic replacing Ferdinand every third game. Evans is replacing Jones at the same pace and in some lesser important games Rio and Jones are both getting rested.

My Full back positions are looking a tad bit better. Smalling is turning into a quality RB, but suffers from a serious amount of yellow cards.
    Rafael has come back from injury and I'm breaking him in gently to relieve Smalling during less important games.

Fabio has been stellar this season, making his way into the Brazilian first team and has been quality all season. De Laet leaves alot to be desired but he is solid enough and can do the job when I need to rest the LB or RB positions.

Marko Marin has exploded in the last three months. He is starting to score now and has nailed his place on my left wing, with some undecisiveness on my part for the right wing. Ashley Young has dropped off big time, so Nani has been taking most of the starts.

Hamsik is worrying me a little. Anderson replaced him through injury and was performing really well, but as a £35m signing, I gently eased Hamsik back into the starting lineup when he became fit. This co-incided with three draws on the bounce. With Andersons performances this season I definitely regret splashing out on Hamsik, and feel Anderson starting with Cleverly as cover would have been fine.
    Anderson has generated massive interest from abroad and is valued at £20m so I might be able to sneak £30m for him, so I'm giving that one serious consideration.

Up front my strikers have been ruthless. Rooney has bagged 30 goals in all competitions and we have only just hit January. He is up for World player of the year and is a major player. Berbatov, suprisingly, has also been a big player for me. He has bagged 15 in all competitions but has also accumulated 13 assists. Welbeck has finally made the move into my first team and is doing ok, scoring a couple in the league and fa cup, with Hernandez being a really good impact sub scoring 13goals this season with only a handful of starts.

Real Madrid had shown interest in Berbatov, who had me split. He is a top performer, but at 30 years of age, and a 80k a week contract I figured if I could grab a good price for him I'd take it. Unfortunately I didnt realise when you offer to clubs, the player is notified, so immediatly press speculation started and he was unhappy. Berbatov in real life is my favourite player, and he did so well for me, its weird how you build these bonds to players in the game.

I ended up making the tough call and letting him go to Madrid for €25m which I think was a massive PLUS for me, getting that value for a 30 year old.

Rooney, Welbeck and Chico are my three strikers now, and I'll probably go with Rooney and Chico up front. I also have a fella coming to me end of season that looks like a really promising talent, at 17 he has currently 17 goals in 12 appearances and other posters claim he is the real deal.

Cruising in all competitions, a slight blip in form domesticly but I'm still about 7 points clear.
    • I'll have a look for value this January but won't splash big, but there are a few decisions to be made come summer time I'm thinking about already.
    • I need a LB to provide cover for Fabio.
    • I probably need a new CB as Rio and Vidic are getting old.
    • I definitely need a DM. To either cover for Carrick or replace, as he is old aswell. Been looking at M'Vila here.
    • I'll have a new striker coming in to make four, so I think I'm ok here.
    • Marin looks to have nailed the left wing, with Young as cover I'm fine.
    • Nani is wanted by a number of clubs, so I'm not sure to keep or sell and maybe bring in a fresh winger.
    • Anderson has been electric and is wanted by alot of clubs, could provide me about £20+m.
    • Hamsik after my 35 splurge has been dissapointing if I'm to be honest, although two big injuries. Will give him another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Was doing so well in my Spurs game ( Won second CL and comfortably won league again) that Barca offered me the manager job, accepted cos of the massive transfer budget but any player I try to sign won't negotiate a contract! Is it cos of the time of season, November? Not in a transfer window at the moment, anyone? To be honest I reluctantly quit Spurs, I had a lot of great youngsters coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

WOW.What a way to end a season. One game to go and 3 points down.Needed a win and needed Exeter to lose and also needed to scored 2 more goals than they did. The stuff dreams are made of.

Before:

IMG_14082012_221358.png

After:

After.png

This game is unreal when things go your way:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Entering me 6th season as Middlesbrough. Came 4th last year and won the League Cup, FA Cup, and Europa League. Strangest thing at the end of the season though. Because of my cups runs I always had games in hand so for the usual last day of the season were everyone plays on the same day at the same time I still had one game in hand. Played Southampton 2 days later when I was in 5th, 2 points behind Spurs.

Now won 5 trophies in 2 season, compared to just 1 trophy won in Boro's 130 odd year history before that and yet still not a club legend or even icon. Strangely though my average attendance is decreasing every year despite the massive success the club is having. My first season back in the Premier League I was averaging 26,000 and now it's 24,000. Anyone know how to sort that? I have the lowest average attendance in the league, never had a sell out in 5 seasons in all competitions, and the lowest percentage of capacity in the Premier League. Odd :confused:

Well January transfer window has opened and I made a few decisions that I felt couldn't wait.

Berbatov completed his move to Real Madrid. Sad to see him go, fans were very upset but the money was too much to turn down. Came to a total of £25m and Berbatov took 10% as part of his contract arrangement.

I decided to move on Nani. Chelsea came in with a £15m offer, but I felt I could get more so I offered him to clubs. He came in asking for a new contract and I ended up telling him he was off. He made alot of media noise which played into my hands as I got six offers and rejected anything below £20m. He ended up moving to Totenham for £26m which I found good business.

Inter Milan started making noise about Anderson. I have been humming and haughing about what to do with him since the 35m arrival of Hamsik, but felt that he was providing good backup and to be fair was even making a good run in the first team. So I turned down the measely £8m that Inter offered. However this spurred Anderson to demand a new contract, and it was pretty unreasonable. We negotiated something in the end but now he is on the sort of wages that I find hard to justify for a player who I'm swopping in and out of the team.
    If I can get his price to rise to £25m+ I'd probably offload him, maybe. It is a tough call.
    Hamsik is starting to play well and perform thank ****, that £35m was starting to look like bad business.

I straight away put in three bids for players.
    £15m for Hulk
    £15m for Javi Martinez
    £7m for Martin Olsson.

This was to test the waters. All three declined.

I upped my bid for Olsson and Javi, and Athletic came back asking for £30m total for Martinez. This was a pretty large sum, but I figured from the sale of Nani and Berbatov I could afford it, and I needed a new DM. Carrick was jaded and is the wrong side of 30.
    What I did not expect where his contract demands. Currently on a tidy sum of 40k with Athletic, his agent came in and demanded 140k wages and outragous fees and appearance bonuses.

Negotiations took time and was intrictue, but he now sits on 80k a week and will take a chunk of my wages and was pretty much all of my transfer budget. I sincerely hope he does not flop, I'm not expecting goals or anything from him. He is being deployed as an Anchor man in my two man midfield allowing Hamsik to play the advanced role.

Olssons deal is also sealed and in total cost me £10m and his wage demands were small enough. However I got that message that no transfer funds are available, so its delayed a week till I see what I can do.

That immediately puts the Hulk thing off, who reading around, settles nicely into the EPL and turns into a monster of a AMR.

I'm sitting pretty at the top of the league still.
    I'm progressing nicely through the cups
    And I drew an easy tie in the first round knockout of the CL.

The transfer budget conerns me, as does my finances. The board confidence has shot down as they feel the signing of Martinez is bad business. I was up at superb and it is down to secure. I'm sure I will be fine, and I'm sure Martinez will also do well. There is a part of me saying " hmmm asemoah probably would have been cheaper" but I literally havn't heard anyone saying Javi flopped in their team.

I also wrapped up Yaya Sonago ( spellcheck?) after my scouts informed me was not happy with contract negotiations from his club, and his agent had made contact after I made some media noise early in the year. I wrapped him up, on a free transfer and is only costing me about 20k a week in wages. So he is one for the future :)

I think my squad is looking sharp and healthy. Since starting Valencia on the right he has become very productive and Marko Marin continues to grow. The loss of Berbatov hasn't been missed with Chico stepping up to the plate, although Wellbeck is out now injured for a few weeks.

My defence situation is looking solid enough, injury to Fabio has made things complex in not having another left back. I sold De Laet for a tidy £5m to Newcastle. Hopefully I can get Olsson wrapped up or I'm probably in a spot of bother there.

I'll try get some pictures loaded up later on, I know its boring reading a wall of text :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Finished my first season in the Premiership with Southampton in 12th. Financially we're very comfortable now making at least a 2 million profit per month. We had the youngest team in the league as I invested a lot of money into quality youngsters (Carlos Fierro, Erick Torres, Giuseppe Prestia, Verratti and more)

Fierro had a great first season picking up 14 goals and 3 assists in 29 apps which is excellent for an 18 year old! I have high hopes for him this season and already in 5 apps he has 5 goals and 4 assists, he's been attracting a lot of attention from big clubs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Fierro is unreal. He's 22 in my game. I signed him for Spurs. Just after getting a job offer from Barcelona, went for it in the end as I'd won everything with Spurs.

Signed him again for Barcelona along with Capucci, a young defender I had at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

After promotion from League 2 with Dag and Red I was offered the Birmingham job.Had to turn it down.Couldn't leave my men behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheDoc wrote: »
    I straight away put in three bids for players.
    £15m for Hulk

It'll take a lot more than that. Probably at least double before they even consider it.

January now and here's how the table looks!

F55X4.png

Our form started off with some very easy fixtures and I thought by the time we had to face the big four we'd be back down to mid table again and surprisingly we weren't! We got a big 3-1 win over United and at that point I knew we were no fluke :D

Owe most of my success to this man. Carlos Fierro (13 goals and 10 assists in 20 league appearances).

YxuX0.png

I'm hoping we don't hit some awful form and lose out on a European spot but as of now we're banging them in! Investing in talented youth really paid off.

Finsihed the January window signing Romario to provide some cover.

League form is good but unfortunately got knocked out of the FACup to Burnley, shocking performance
    And then after winning the first leg of the league cup semi final against Spurs 2-1, Vidic got sent off after 5 minutes in the second leg and I got hammered 4-1.

League and CL are the focus now.

Valencia has been playing well on the right and Marin continues to grow. Martinez has settled well and replaced Carrick whose morale has been poor to abysmal all season, not sure why.

Hamsik is really annoying me know. Inter have been after Anderson and offering £16m so I've set my asking price to £25 and if someone comes knocking I'm still unsure what to do. Hamsik has really dissapointed me, everyone on forums and lists and stuff recommend him as QUALITY in the AMC role but he has been pretty poor for me with bad form. Hopefully he can pickup next year.

I'm looking to strengthen again in the summer, with a new CB to compliment Jones and Evans, with Vidic and Rio getting over the hill (Vidic has generated interest from Barca so might offer him up in the summer). Smalling is turning into a quality Right back, but I would like to integrate Rafael there with Romario as backup.

Left back I've got Fabio out injured, currently deploying Rafael there as I've no actual cover for LB. Couldnt get any signings during January of quality.

Was after Olsson and Cissoko and could'nt land either : /

Neymar and Hulk are both unhappy at their clubs and have built a positive rapport with me in the media. I think I'm ok in the striker department with Fierro and Sanogo coming in, so might try nab Hulk.

I've just done the "3 in a row" with Waterford United. I have some very good players but they are all making noises about wanting to move to a bigger club apart from my star striker.

I've turned down a crap load of job offers. I'm gonna wait with Waterford United until Manchester United offer me a job!

Have a player who won't sign a contract for me and is now worth 2.2 million. He's gonna go on a free at the end of the season of the next season. :mad:

Season over and here's how the table looks.

cKIid.png

Absolutely over the moon with getting a Champions League place, I really didn't think it was possible and it came all the way to the final game of the season.

Carlos Fierro had an immense campaign bagging 25 goals and also 15 assists in 37 league apps.

Here's how his stats look now.

1r7nB.png

Started a new game with Limerick FC determined to win the champs league and well on way to doing just that!

Honours roll:
    2nd in the First Division (promoted through playoff beating Drogheda 2-0 in extra time) behind first place Finn Harps (who I didnt lose to all season)
    Munster Senior Cup Champions (beat Blarney 2-0)
    Senior Challenge Cup Champions (beat Finn Harps 3-1) Qualified for Europa League

Best player: Steven McGann 23 goals in 27 appearances followed closely by an Uruguayan player I bought on free 15 goals in 11 appearances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

7 years into a campaign as manager of ManU and I've been given the heave-ho. Reckon spending 40MIL on Mario Gotze and finishing 6th was the nail in the coffin. Won the Champions league once, EPL once, finished 2nd 3 times and a few cups.

Thankfully 3 weeks into redundancy and I was offered the Roma job. [EMAIL="Cr@ppy"]Cr@ppy[/EMAIL] budget at 15MIL but delighted I got such a good job, they've won Serie A twice in a row. Can't believe what a small squad they have though.

Reckon I'm gonna raid my old club for my favourite bargains Capuano, Henley and Vargas

Advertisement