Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fully catered chalets/Companies similar to highlife.ie

Options
  • 15-09-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Went with highlife last year. Found them absolutely excellent. Val d'isere fantastic too. Just wondering are there any ski operators doing something similar. In A previous thread on highlife someone mentions uk operators that provide the same thing, but as the uk is a much bigger market with more competition they might not be as expensive. any help much appreciated? I've google searched but haven't found anything really suitable

So: 1.catered luxury chalet (highlife:cooked breakfast and 3 course meal,cheese board,ballymaloe trained chef,excellent food, cake and tea/coffee on arrival in after long day on the slopes)
    2. Free wine and beer (HL: endless wine and beer)
    3. Jacuzzi or hot tub (HL yes)
    4. Location close to town centre and après ski (HL:one problem with HL chalets is that they are all miles away from the craic)

I see host led tours of the slopes are banned in France this year but that was a nice touch with HL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Oxford ski.com

www.skibeat.co.uk

www.chicchaletguide.co.uk

www.powderwhite.com.

Mark warner UK, Crystal UK

Stanford Skiing UK

http://www.simonbutlerskiing.com/

Simon is a mate and a really good lad

Should cover every angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Thank you for the reply. I'll have a look through all of those

• Registered Users Posts: 5 e.j20

Sorry I'm starting this thread up again because I don't know how to start a new thread yet... oops!

Does anyone have any experience working in a chalet during the christmas period? I used to ski a lot but cant afford to anymore and Ill be 18 in december and I was thinking this might be a way to get back onto the slopes..? Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

e.j20 wrote: »
    help much appreciated.

Chalet work is neither easy or appreciated but can be very rewarding, be earned there are less chalets this year due to a Swiss law change and a lot of British TO 'a closing their operations there.

A well run chalet will see you with 4 hours skiing a day a bad one will see you get that a week!

It just depends on your chalet/ other staff and their experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ua1out

Highlife is an overpriced offering for what it is.
    Chalets are quite far away from the village, transfers are crowded, wine is so-so BUT the boys and girls who look after you are great - enthusiastic and fun.
    I would not use or recommend them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement