Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man Swings Handbag...

• 19-02-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

So there I am, power cycling through the city when I come up to the College Green junction just outside Trinity, I'm avoiding the bus behind me and kind of 'spill' into the pedestrian traffic that's crossing at the pedestrian crossing when I feel this thump on my arm. Expecting it to be a 'friendly thump' of a mate I turn to my surprise / horror and see it's a man wielding a kind of leather 'man bag'. My question 'is this a legitamate weapon in a fight?'

Needless to say I shoved him off onto the pavement with many an expletive used when he tries to hit me again I block and swing (and miss :mad:) So I cycle off calling him a F@g...

i'm in the right, right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd smack the hell out of you with my manbag

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Err, you cycled off before calling him a fag?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Why did he thump you? Are you one of those dickhead cyclist?

Buy yourself a handbag and arrange to meet him at dawn for a showdown.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

tba wrote: »
    Why did he thump you? Are you one of those dickhead cyclist?

Didn't intentionally go over into the 'pedestrian' zone, so no, I don't think I was being a dickhead

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

galwayrush wrote: »
    Buy yourself a handbag and arrange to meet him at dawn for a blowdown.;)

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You lost a fight with a guy with a man bag! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Spore wrote: »
    So there I am, power cycling through the city when I come up to the College Green junction just outside Trinity, I'm avoiding the bus behind me and kind of 'spill' into the pedestrian traffic that's crossing at the pedestrian crossing when I feel this thump on my arm. Expecting it to be a 'friendly thump' of a mate I turn to my surprise / horror and see it's a man wielding a kind of leather 'man bag'. My question 'is this a legitamate weapon in a fight?'

It is, flexible heavy things are great force multipliers, but in his case he really should have gone for you head, or kind of "spilled" his handbag into your face to avoid the pedestrians behind him. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

Stage 1: Swing hand/man bag

Stage 2: ???

Stage 3: Profit!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

OP, would you have rathered he hit you with a cinder block attatched to a chain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So I cycle off realising I'm a F@g...
    FYP

Probably just prefered the usual melee weapon, i.e. your fist. It was kind of embarassing for the both of us. I was just trying to think of some witty retort buy sadly defaulted to my ten year old self and screamed F@G! D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You deserved it for going onto the pedestrian zone, he deserved it for having a handbag. Who says the world isn't fair?

Mark200 wrote: »
    You deserved it for going onto the pedestrian zone, he deserved it for having a handbag. Who says the world isn't fair?

I accept that. Both cancel eachother out. Everybody wins :)

I accept that. Both cancel eachother out. Everybody wins :)

What colour handbag would you like as your prize?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It shall be known as The Battle of the Bitches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Needless to say I shoved him off onto the pavement with many an expletive used when he tries to hit me again I block and swing (and miss :mad:) So I cycle off calling him a F@g...

i'm in the right, right?

So why exactly did you not notice this chap in the first place? Were you not looking at where you were going? Explain your situation better.

galwayrush wrote: »
    What colour handbag would you like as your prize?:D

Sort of mauve... or failing that maybe Salmon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Being a cyclist, I hate pedestrians, especially the self-righteous ones that tut tut or make a face as if you don't have as much right to be on the pavement as they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

So the OP crashes into a group of pedestrians and takes offence when
    one of the injured parties swings their bag at them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So the OP crashes into a group of pedestrians and takes offence when
    Are we even sure the attacker was a man. There was bags flying, cycling shorts being worn, inappropriate bulges, obvious sexual tension. It could be an honest mistake by the OP.

and takes offence when

I think experiencing a man hitting you with his hand bag would be more than surreal.:rolleyes:

Are we even sure the attacker was a man. There was bags flying, cycling shorts being worn, inappropriate bulges, obvious sexual tension. It could be an honest mistake by the OP.

Always check.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I know I'd find a person unable to control their bicycle to the extent that they
    crash into pedestrians more of a nuisance than whatever clothes/luggage
    passers-by have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I turn to my surprise / horror and see it's a man wielding a kind of leather 'man bag'.

i'm in the right, right?

F**k its a manbag lets run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

damn cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

i'm in the right, right?

Haha you were beaten up by Roy Cropper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Being a cyclist, I hate pedestrians, especially the self-righteous ones that tut tut or make a face as if you don't have as much right to be on the pavement as they do.

Actually, they do. your bike is a road legal vehicle, and as such, you're meant to cycle on the road, or cycle lanes where available.
    I'm a cyclist myself, and learned that the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Sort of mauve... or failing that maybe Salmon?

Salmon is not a colour it's a fish. Pink is a colour. The colour salmon was invented by guys who like to wear pink but on the other hand don't want to admit wearing pink!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I swear, when DIY castration kits eventually come around, the first ****er I see with a man bag better have the legs of Linford Christie on him.....

Advertisement