Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Karma My hole!

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Im so P!ssed off! Last night, my phone was stolen! My 3 month old samsung tocco! Now I always said that what goes around, comes around and that Karma can be a bitch, but jesus christ!

About 2 weeks ago, I was down in waterford for the weekend and I was in a nightclub when I found a phone on the dancefloor. So I picked it up and checked the last dialled number, and then I text the person asking if they were in this particular club. Met them at the bar and handed to owner back her phone. I did what any decent person would have done!

Has Ireland just gone to sh!te and the majority of people turned into thiefing ba$tards?!?!?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yeah, I got one of them off the back of a lorry this morning.

Almost new too, great little phone they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Haha no mate, "the majority of people" didn't steal your fone!

Unfortunately, quite a lot of people will see something new and shiny, and simply pretend they didn't and pocket it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Shocking

<funny reply>

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Did you not tell the person that stole your phone the story of you finding the phone in the disco and handing it back? i'm sure he wouldn't have taken it if he knew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's no such thing as Karma unfortunately OP but maybe your good deed inspired another to do something similar in the future. Fair play to ya for going to the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I thought Karma was a Mod here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Who ever stole your phone will more than likely go to jail and get raped, that might be some comfort to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Vain wrote: »
    Who ever stole your phone will more than likely go to jail and get raped, that might be some comfort to you.

karma would be getting ass plugged by the stolen phone after the rape.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Funnily enough I was thinking of this a few weeks back. Found a wallet last month with three hundred squid in it, a student id card and a halls keycard on the bus home(to halls). Got back to halls, found the dude and gave it back. Two weeks later my wallet was stolen in a club on a night out, with fifty squid in it.

Karma is (Dr) Bolloco.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What do you want Karoma to do to your hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Vain wrote: »

They may also try and smuggle the phone in up their ar*e. It wont be comfort for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Im so P!ssed off! Last night, my phone was stolen! My 3 month old samsung tocco! Now I always said that what goes around, comes around and that Karma can be a bitch, but jesus christ!

About 2 weeks ago, I was down in waterford for the weekend and I was in a nightclub when I found a phone on the dancefloor. So I picked it up and checked the last dialled number, and then I text the person asking if they were in this particular club. Met them at the bar and handed to owner back her phone. I did what any decent person would have done!

Has Ireland just gone to sh!te and the majority of people turned into thiefing ba$tards?!?!?:mad:

How do you establish, from one theft, that the majority of Irish people are theiving bastards?

With unemployment on the rise, less jobs for people, you will see crime on the rise. I have been tempted but I haven't lowered myself yet. If things continue, I don't know... it's sad to think of.

What do you want Karoma to do to your hole?

Bleach it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bleach it.
    That's good so, he's an expert at the old anal bleaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Millions of mobile/cell phones go missing , lost , stolen every day OP .
    Most are never returned .Yours is just another one on the list .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

been paid a few visits i take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭kirving

Some lovely person stole my Coat with passport and keys in it. You'd think they'd leave them back, or even into a Garda station becuase they have no value to anyone but me, but no.... I hope they get sent to Guantanamo using a fake passport to get into America!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Has he been taking lessons from a Mr M. Jackson then? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Some lovely person stole my Coat with passport and keys in it. You'd think they'd leave them back, or even into a Garda station becuase they have no value to anyone but me, but no.... I hope they get sent to Guantanamo using a fake passport to get into America!
    Sorry to hear it .12 months ago those prisoners in Guantanamo would have grabbed a fake passport to anywere in the world ,bar America .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

galwayrush wrote: »
    probably wouldn't want it back afterwards

if mobile phone companies took some interest in stolen phones there would be no reason to keep them, they could send an SMS to it every minute saying "stolen phone" but like credit card fraud it's cheaper for the companies to let the punter take the hid :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

galwayrush wrote: »
    And then ringing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

did you have a pin number on it, karma might have kicked you up the arse for thinking it might some day go missing...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,627 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://consumerist.com/5153520/missing-iphone-mystery-solved-by-consumerist-readers-in-55-minutes

As the world turns...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Generally think I'm quite good in terms of karma, but it dosent think the same. Lost my passport twice this week, lost over a hundred quid few weeks back, lost a mate's shirt, ripped my shoulder... I could go on.

Jaysus Karma wise up for once!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I bought a Welsh rugby supporter a whiskey in an Irish pub in 2005 and he emails me last month with 2 tickets for me and the wife for the Wales V England 6Nations match last weekend.

I believe in Karma !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

With unemployment on the rise, less jobs for people, you will see crime on the rise. I have been tempted but I haven't lowered myself yet. If things continue, I don't know...

Thats lovely! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Korma is nice but I prefer a good Balti.

How this relates to phones I just don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

dan719 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was thinking of this a few weeks back. Found a wallet last month with three hundred squid in it, a student id card and a halls keycard on the bus home(to halls). Got back to halls, found the dude and gave it back. Two weeks later my wallet was stolen in a club on a night out, with fifty squid in it.

Karma is (Dr) Bolloco.

Three hundred! I never had that much cash when I was a student, maybe its the same Dude who robbed ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭coillcam

In the shop I've worked in over the years I'd say at least 10 phones people have lost/left behind I found and always rang/texted a recent contact to get the person their phone back. Even an n95 which was so tempting to keep tbh.

Advertisement