Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Website Feedback - Charity

• 02-07-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a student who's doing work for Asiam - an Autism Support Network.

As part of this i'm looking to give proposals on how to redevelop www.asiam.ie

It would be great to get some site feedback on the site if people were willing to give opinions?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

On a first pass, there's way too much going on here. My instinct is to close the tab as I don't know where to begin, seems an attempt by the digitisers to cram everything in to the site but without a clear strategy of what they want the site to achieve. Is it an information portal? A news portal? A donation channel?

First steps for me would be to figure out what they want the site to achieve, what will success look like, how will you measure it? Once you know the objectives you'll be better placed to design a site to achieve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭rosenallis

sozbox wrote: »
    On a first pass, there's way too much going on here. My instinct is to close the tab as I don't know where to begin, seems an attempt by the digitisers to cram everything in to the site but without a clear strategy of what they want the site to achieve. Is it an information portal? A news portal? A donation channel?

First steps for me would be to figure out what they want the site to achieve, what will success look like, how will you measure it? Once you know the objectives you'll be better placed to design a site to achieve them.

Agree with all that, the focus is on providing accurate information, supplemented with blogs and 'real life' (for want of better words) stories to help build a community of like minded people and a supporting network for people with problems

Advertisement