Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi Ladies

how are you?

I can't wait maternity leave and chance to rest.

i feel so tired.
    i have gtt test on thursday. brrr i don't want to :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

notsobusy wrote: »
    Seriously though???!!! She didn't know she was pregnant?!?!? I was 5 weeks before I realised that I was pregnant, how could you not know?!?! Even before I took the test I was 90% certain!

crazy stuff isnt it!!
    she said her doc an older male was giving her "difene" for back pain which numbed most of the movements also said that was the reason her periods stopped ...she was a bit panicked when she realised in case any damage had been done luckily all was well with babs.who arrived early.so all in all she was pregnant for about 5-6 weeks. she is a real mrs maternal so thats mostly why i believe her ,i just cant believe she would have taken the difene for so long if she had known. she was tiny she was still wearing her size 8 jeans at the end .but in the last few weeks after it all came out was when she really started to show. it seemed like she finally breathed out and her belly just went pop!
    some people eh!! makes me feel guilty for making such a big deal out of mine at times.

Kash wrote: »
    Hiubby finally felt the kicks, he is absolutely gobsmacked by them :)

ha ha its lovely when they finally feel them.for ages i had to try and stop myself from getting annoyed with myotherhalf cause id be able to feel lots and he couldnt feel a thing ,anytime id ask him he would half heartedly put his hand there but i could see his eyes slowly going back towards the tv
    it made me want to strangle him!!
    he finally is feeling them now and he wont leave me alone ,he has just realised that baby will follow his pokes and fight back....ill be bruised from the pair of them!! hopefully when bubs comes out they will get on better:D or at least they can leave me out of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I am in agony for the last few days. My ribs, my hips, my butt....Babs clearly needs more room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

ha ha its lovely when they finally feel them.for ages i had to try and stop myself from getting annoyed with myotherhalf cause id be able to feel lots and he couldnt feel a thing ,anytime id ask him he would half heartedly put his hand there but i could see his eyes slowly going back towards the tv
    it made me want to strangle him!!

My hubby was EXACTLY the same..had no interest in trying to feel them, until he actually did, and he was so taken aback, i dont think he realised they were so strong...then he felt bad and was hoping that i wasnt getting hurt...
    he put his arm across my the other night, just below the bump, and the moving started and he felt it...it like like a "hey!! i'm trying to get comfy in here! back off!!"

• Advertisement

hi kildaresh
    Was it hard to get used to the support band. I think I could do with something, I'm starting to get an ache in my lower back, don't want it to get worse.

nah. i find i brilliant. im not that into all the maternity and baby gadgets.i havent bought any thing else just using baby oil on stomach twice daily for stretchmarks. and bought this belt thing so far.its really supports you ,i feel like homer simpson when i take it off cause my belly just spills out and drops down a few inches. at first i was worried cause it numbs the movements a little but now ill just take it off at lunch and ill feel bubs moving about. you can make it as loose or as tight as you need. i am itchy after wearing sometimes if i do a ten hour busy day but i not certain thats belt related.i prob am just overdoing it a bit. the best thing i find with it is how it supports under your bump without it i always feel very crampy and tired and sore by the evening.

http://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Support-Belt-Black/dp/B002HDZ40E
    (sorry im not that high tech so hope that works will give you some idea of where to look anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

javagal wrote: »
    Your OH is the sweetest!!-You're very lucky to have her!!
    My OH bought go the F*** to sleep to read to Zoe lol!!

She's a keeper alright :D After 11 years together we are having a shot gun wedding in just over 3 weeks :eek: Our actual wedding (just getting legal bit out of the way this year) is next year on the same day :)

That book is my niece...she didn't sleep all night for years...I really hope our little one sleeps :)

silly wrote: »
    My hubby was EXACTLY the same..had no interest in trying to feel them, until he actually did, and he was so taken aback, i dont think he realised they were so strong...then he felt bad and was hoping that i wasnt getting hurt...
    he put his arm across my the other night, just below the bump, and the moving started and he felt it...it like like a "hey!! i'm trying to get comfy in here! back off!!"

lucky you with your sympathy:)
    they are both gangin up on me now!!
    he thinks its hilarious to go...poke poke!!lets make mummy need to wee!!
    thud thud bounce bounce kick kick ...hes delighted with himself with the instant reaction!! tis lovely though to finally see a bit of interest:)
    dont get me wrong he is great at saving money for when i finally get my a**e in gear and go shopping or coming to the scans or remembering the doc appoint times-baby brain
    but its nice to have him involved with the silly side of things too.....if a little sore!! tis gas they way something so small can make your day with just a little kick or a few hiccups

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    She's a keeper alright :D After 11 years together we are having a shot gun wedding in just over 3 weeks :eek: Our actual wedding (just getting legal bit out of the way this year) is next year on the same day :)

That book is my niece...she didn't sleep all night for years...I really hope our little one sleeps :)

congrats to ye both!!
    thats very romantic with the year later dates...lovely idea!! yer babs will look cute in a little dress or suit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Kash wrote: »
    he finally is feeling them now and he wont leave me alone ,he has just realised that baby will follow his pokes and fight back....ill be bruised from the pair of them!! hopefully when bubs comes out they will get on better:D or at least they can leave me out of it!!

Haha, I was feeling the exact same. I was getting so pissed off because he woud just put his hand on my belly for a minute and then take it away, because he wasn't feeling anything. But now I nearly have to surgically remove him and he keeps wanting to play "Where's my jumpa" to the baby!
    theg81der wrote: »
    I am in agony for the last few days. My ribs, my hips, my butt....Babs clearly needs more room!

Ohoh, looks like we're all in the same boat this week. We may set up a seperate July moan thread! Hope your feeling better soon. I'm going to try a heat pack tonight. Was going to have a bath, but OH is working late and I'm afraid if i get in I won't be able to lift myself back out.

http://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Support-Belt-Black/dp/B002HDZ40E
    (sorry im not that high tech so hope that works will give you some idea of where to look anyway)

Thanks, will definately look into that. I think if i could take some of the weight of my bump off my back it wouldn't ache as much.

You've a busy few weeks so....lots to look forward too :) You may tell us the day, so we can all raise a non alcoholic glass of something fizzy to you!

• Advertisement

It's the 10th of May (Thursday this year Friday next :) )...very busy couple of months indeed as its my partners big 40 in July & she is still a big kid so birthdays are very special to her...she may end up in a labour ward for her birthday :D

trions wrote: »
    cyning - best of luck tomorrow, hope all goes well..

A friend of mine sent me on this list of baby essentials for home, hospital and delivery. Warning: it's very long and a bit scary!

oh lordy!!
    must start shopping
    just printed your list am gonna see if it can be done in a day!!
    the list is very detailed,im delighted with it though.otherwise i would be walking around like a headless chicken im even less decidy now with baby brain.

Congrats!!!

trions wrote: »

A friend of mine sent me on this list of baby essentials for home, hospital and delivery. Warning: it's very long and a bit scary!

i too have saved and printed..
    going to show it to my husband tonight and just watch his face as he reads it, should be a laugh at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Good luck 2 all having scans soon:)

Dont know who metioned heat packs... I hurt my back a while ago and in the past always used heat packs( ie deep heat pack) but it said on back to consult doctor if pregnant so I did.... I was told hot water bottle or heat pack like click clack (just heat doesnt stick etc) is fine but not to use the deep heat ones or similar ones as no-one is sure of wats in them and your body would absorb any chemicals etc through the skin, Hope this is helpful and you understand wat I'm trying to say!!!:D

Congrats Twomums2be!! Thats lovely and you get to do it twice!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My baby hates cooperating: but consultant is 80% sure I' having a little girl :)

Her feet are tucked up under her bottom at the moment which is making it quite difficult to be 100% certain but I'm so excited!!

Oh and I don't have gestational diabetes either! Results were clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats Cyning!

Another girl! There must be lots of boys due in June or August to balance up the boy/girl ratio!

Good luck 2 all having scans soon:)

Dont know who metioned heat packs... I hurt my back a while ago and in the past always used heat packs( ie deep heat pack) but it said on back to consult doctor if pregnant so I did.... I was told hot water bottle or heat pack like click clack (just heat doesnt stick etc) is fine but not to use the deep heat ones or similar ones as no-one is sure of wats in them and your body would absorb any chemicals etc through the skin, Hope this is helpful and you understand wat I'm trying to say!!!:D

Congrats Twomums2be!! Thats lovely and you get to do it twice!!:D

I said earlier I was going to use one tonight. I call all those yokes heat packs, but thanks for the warning. I was just going to use a beany type ones that you heat in the microwave.

Congrats cyning, you must have been delighted to see babs today :) another July girl, this is gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Has everyone sent off the form for Maternity Benefit?.. I was hoping to work up to as near the due date as possible to have more time off after, although god knows what condition I'll be in by then! I'm due the 9th July and when I was working the dates out by the conditions they had on the form I would have to finish up work on the 22nd June! so I rang them and they said that I could actually finish on the 29th June. The form needs to be sent in before you hit 30 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Congrats cying,another little girl.
    I'm starting to really struggle with the thought of having 5 kids.physically,emotionally and financially.i had bad PND on ds1&2 and I fought it on the last 2 but not sure I can again.everything just seems to be getting to me and dh and it's taking it's toal.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to really struggle with the thought of having 5 kids.physically,emotionally and financially.i had bad PND on ds1&2 and I fought it on the last 2 but not sure I can again.everything just seems to be getting to me and dh and it's taking it's toal.

Tink sounds like you should make an appointment & have a chat with your doctor. Pre natal depression is less know about but exists.
    I can imagine late pregnancy & four kids is hard at the best of times :) Hopefully it is just a pregnancy hormones blip but do have a chat with your doc about how you are feeling.

Robinc wrote: »
    Has everyone sent off the form for Maternity Benefit?.. I was hoping to work up to as near the due date as possible to have more time off after, although god knows what condition I'll be in by then! I'm due the 9th July and when I was working the dates out by the conditions they had on the form I would have to finish up work on the 22nd June! so I rang them and they said that I could actually finish on the 29th June. The form needs to be sent in before you hit 30 weeks!

On the form it says to qualify for the maximum period of 26 weeks maternity leave, an employee must take at least 2 weeks before the end of the week in which her baby is due. I'm due on July 14, so I've told work I'll be finishing up on June 29.
    Trying to get all the paperwork sorted. I had some form to fill out for work that I completely forgot about and my boss hasn't a clue what needs to be done as I'm the first person to go on maternity leave since he took over.
    I actually printed the maternity benefit form last week, coz by the time the doctors surgery sign their part and work do their bit it will take a couple of weeks before I'll be ready to send it and it has to be sumbitted by the middle of May at the latest.

Sorry to hear your not feeling great Tinkerbell. Totally agree with twomums tho, make an appt to have a chat with your GP. Is there anyway that you and your hubbie could even get away on your own for an afternoon or evening...just getting away from it all for a couple of hours might help. Sending lots of cyber hugs and hope your feeling better soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats Cyning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Thanks girls. I'd go to my gp but I really don't like him and it's the only surgery in the town. Im not really comfortable talking to him about things.
    I do think it'd be a good idea for me and dh to get a few hours to ourselves. Unfortunately the post woman just seems to bring me nothing but bills and with ds's communion on 5th its not looking like well get anywhere together until after then but I'm going to try and get a babysitter,even if it's just for the cinema or something

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

kildareash wrote: »
    On the form it says to qualify for the maximum period of 26 weeks maternity leave, an employee must take at least 2 weeks before the end of the week in which her baby is due. I'm due on July 14, so I've told work I'll be finishing up on June 29.
    Trying to get all the paperwork sorted. I had some form to fill out for work that I completely forgot about and my boss hasn't a clue what needs to be done as I'm the first person to go on maternity leave since he took over.
    I actually printed the maternity benefit form last week, coz by the time the doctors surgery sign their part and work do their bit it will take a couple of weeks before I'll be ready to send it and it has to be sumbitted by the middle of May at the latest.

I thought that too and had the 22nd as my finish date but then I gave the number on the form a ring and asked them whats the latest I can finish up, They judge it by the Friday in the week and count back I think.. sorry my pregnancy brain is kicking in and I can't remember exactly what he said! I did tell him that I am claiming the full 26 weeks.. form is getting posted in the morning so I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Tinkerbell, it's a tough time for you. I know that if you don't like your doctor it's very hard to talk to him/ her but maybe you should talk to a counsellor or somebody? You should definitely get away with your OH, even if it's just for an evening. Do you have family around you that you could tell how you're feeling - I'm sure if your mum / sis / friend knew they'd take the kids off your hands for a few hours. You already have your hands full with 4 so this little one is coming along would obviously be daunting but you'll have a little lady this time which is something different & something to look forward to.

About the maternity benefit - I'd advise everybody to get it sorted asap. I work two jobs so it was a bit more awkward to get it filled out by everybody involved but it took the best part of a month to sort it. It's sent off now tho, thankfully. Here's hoping I get it because my student status doesn't count (started the course after I was 23), so I'm hoping I have enough prsi contributions between the two jobs to actually get something!

Thanks girls. I'd go to my gp but I really don't like him and it's the only surgery in the town. Im not really comfortable talking to him about things.
    I do think it'd be a good idea for me and dh to get a few hours to ourselves. Unfortunately the post woman just seems to bring me nothing but bills and with ds's communion on 5th its not looking like well get anywhere together until after then but I'm going to try and get a babysitter,even if it's just for the cinema or something

If your not comfortable with your GP do you know of any counsellors in your area? I know that would cost money, but you have to look after your whole self...and not just everyone else!

If ye are outdoorsy type people...maybe just pack a picnic and go for a nice walk somewhere. (I know that doesn't suit everyone tho!)
    Robinc wrote: »
    I thought that too and had the 22nd as my finish date but then I gave the number on the form a ring and asked them whats the latest I can finish up, They judge it by the Friday in the week and count back I think.. sorry my pregnancy brain is kicking in and I can't remember exactly what he said! I did tell him that I am claiming the full 26 weeks.. form is getting posted in the morning so I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Jees, they make nothing about this simple do they! It's all conflicting information.

By the way, has anyone seen long sleeve vests in the shops? I want to get a packet just to be on the safe side, because you never know what the Irish weather is going to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Tink - hugs!! Do try talking to someone, if not a doctor or counsellor, then even a 'good listener' friend or family member, the very act of letting it all out to someone will help you put things in perspective.

Robinc - thank you so much for mentioning the maternity benefit form, I did not even realise I had to fill anything out!

And congrats Cyning on your 80% positive girl :)

Tink, Sorry to hear you are not doing so good..here i am complaining about all sorts, and you have 4 small ones already to look after, as well as yourself and baby number 5. It cant be easy. Anyway, i found this website,http://www.pnd.ie/ it seems to be based in Cork, but i'm sure if you give them a ring, they will be only too happy to chat with you and maybe give you a number of someone in your locality that you can talk to. Or at your next hospital appointment, ask your consultant or midwife, i'm sure they can give you advice etc.
    even if you could get your mom/mother in law to take 2 kids for a sleep over and a sister/sister in law to take the other 2. ye dont even need to go out, just a night in, with a dvd and a sleep in!

re: the Maternity benefit form, i'm due on July 18th - thinking of taking 2.5 weeks before hand, which will see me finish up at the last week of june (around the same time my daughter gets her school holidays) I am saving up holidays and there will be a few bank holidays to add onto the end also, and as i will not be due back until january, that is a new working year so if i really need to i might take some of my 2013 hols as well, or maybe 1-2 weeks (of the 16 allowed) unpaid...depending on my finances. (which i dont think will be great after christmas...it will be very small presents this year - almost hoping that my 11 year old finds out santa isnt real before this christmas, so she might understand why santa cant bring a big expensive present - is that AWFUL of me???)

oh and congrats Cyning! another girl...
    I wonder what I will be adding to the list..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I don't qualify for maternity benefit as I am self employed but have only been self employed for around 6 months so don't have any contributions!

Will just have to work around baby as best I can! If I have any work.....it's been a bit quiet but am hoping that once babs is born I can start taking in horses again asap!!!

Advertisement