Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Faith in Humanity Restored (Puncture at Airport this morning)

Options
  • 21-05-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I had the misfortune of taking my eye off the road for one second this morning on my commute and hit a large piece of concrete around the back of the airport blowing out both my tyres.

Thankfully for once I had everything with me which I needed to repair however I'd like to give a big shout out to the Swords Cycling Club member member who stopped and even though I had two spare tubes he gave me one of his in case I got another puncture, genuinely a nice gesture!

Also to the guy in the VW Caddy with Halfords, bike and god knows what other stickers on it who offered me spare tubes from the van as well, thank you.

Its not often you can say that 9 times out of 10 you can rely on a fellow sports enthusiast to stop on their morning commute to assist a fellow man-down :) This is why I love cycling and to those lads, cheers again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

I love these "puncture in the morning" threads. :D

Every Boardsie should have their own.*

[* ... except for those who run Schwalbe Marathons]

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

I run Continental Gatorskins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭idiottje

[* ... except for those who run Schwalbe Marathons]

Schwalbe Durano's no good then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

I run gatorskins. What are these punctures of which you speak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Nice one OP!

On a side note....

I've never had a puncture. I learned to cycle at the usual age. I cycled to school as a kid. As a teenager I cycled to school, and as one of Roche's babies, got into training with a club and racing around '87. Used a bike in college. Used a bike for work. Still use a bike to commute. Very tempted to treat myself to a nice road bike for long spins*. I've done tens of thousands of miles on various bikes over 35 odd years, yet I've never once had a puncture. I've woken up to flat tyres from time to time, and fixed tubes, but I've never had a 'puncture'. I've never been that guy on the side of the road in the rain.

I feel like I've been missing out. Wonder if this post jinxes me....?

*would I be a 'Fred'? I'm not new to it but I've never ridden carbon! Quite happy to accept I'd be a Mamil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

endacl wrote: »
    I've never had a puncture. I learned to cycle at the usual age. I cycled to school as a kid. As a teenager I cycled to school, and as one of Roche's babies, got into training with a club and racing around '87. Used a bike in college. Used a bike for work. Still use a bike to commute. Very tempted to treat myself to a nice road bike for long spins*. I've done tens of thousands of miles on various bikes over 35 odd years, yet I've never once had a puncture. I've woken up to flat tyres from time to time, and fixed tubes, but I've never had a 'puncture'. I've never been that guy on the side of the road in the rain.

I feel like I've been missing out. Wonder if this post jinxes me....?

You Sir, have clearly made a compact with the Devil!

I think I speak for us all when I say: "Burn the witch!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

endacl wrote: »
    Nice one OP!

I've never had a puncture.

Your obviously not trying hard enough! :D

check_six wrote: »
    You Sir, have clearly made a compact with the Devil!

I think I speak for us all when I say: "Burn the witch!"
    07Lapierre wrote: »
    Your obviously not trying hard enough! :D

I hope you're all looking forward to my 'just had my first puncture' thread!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Jocry wrote: »
    I run Continental Gatorskins!

I feel for you.. it's ok.. it will pass :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

I had 4500km without one on my last set skins, this was just bad look and stupidity on my part :)

• Advertisement

Jocry wrote: »
    I had 4500km without one on my last set skins, this was just bad look and stupidity on my part :)

Hey, it happens....

Not to me obviously, but it happens!

:pac:

Oh, karma's gonna get me big time! :D

Advertisement