Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lugaquillia

Options
  • 21-05-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the below route is possible on a road bike.

I usually turn right just past Coolmoney Camp.
    Google maps shows a road up towards Lugaquillia, it looks like a dead end, but it might be worth a spin.

any ideas?

jqhytw.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's the Wicklow Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Defo need a MTB so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Definetly not on a road bike. Possible on an mtb the first part is a wide track then you come onto Camara Hill which is very steep and grassy. After that you are onto pretty much open mountain. There is a fairly clear path all the way up but you would need very dry weather. Plan on doing it myself sometime! Ps thats not the Wicklow Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Definetly not on a road bike. Possible on an mtb the first part is a wide track then you come onto Camara Hill which is very steep and grassy. After that you are onto pretty much open mountain. There is a fairly clear path all the way up but you would need very dry weather. Plan on doing it myself sometime! Ps thats not the Wicklow Way.

Thanks for the info. Nice too know. Always wondered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ps thats not the Wicklow Way.

You're right, don't know where that came from, I've been up both that route and the Wicklow Way enough times to know better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement