Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Architect Fees

• 27-07-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering what would be normal architect fees for a slightly less than 40 square metre extension (plus rewiring, insulation, potentially replumbing of main house), budget of approx €80,000, of which I would guess approx €50,000 to €55,000 on the extension, the rest on renovation.
    If we were to get design drawings for €3,000, what would you estimate to close it out i.e. construction drawings, tendering (do you need an architect for this?) construction supervision, certification. Is an architect required for all of that?
    Any guidance would be very welcome!
    Also does that sound like a realistic budget?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

IMO it can be more work/time to deal with this type of extension than it might be for a one-off house.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭firefish

Yes, I think I am realising that! We already have design drawings. That architect cannot finish the work, and also has designed an overly complicated design that I'm not sure can be built within budget. Do we need an architect to finish this off at all or would an architectural technician or engineer be able to do it? We would be simplifying the design hopefully, but would otherwise be using the design drawings already produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

By the sounds of things you will need a professional to change the design to suit your budget for Construction.
    Any professionals from an Architect, Architectural technician, Engineer, Building Surveyor would be able to complete this for you.

€3,000 should cover this New Design & Tender/Construction drawings for your needs.
    I'd allow another €2,000 to €6,000 for Projecet Managing on Site during build

Advertisement