Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaa Defending Its U2 Ticket Charge

• 09-02-2005 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

GAA DEFENDING ITS U2 TICKET CHARGE
    The GAA has defended its decision to
    charge its Croke Park premium ticket
    holders E15 more than the face value of
    an E80 ticket for June's U2 shows.

The GAA has offered its 10,000 premium
    ticket holders guaranteed seats for the
    June concerts for E95. A GAA
    spokesperson said the extra E15 was to
    cover the cost of security, cleaning
    and insurance required for the event.

She also said that as the GAA was
    selling the tickets directly, and not
    through Ticketmaster, there was extra
    cost associated with the administration
    of the transaction process.
    Ok, what does this mean for the normal guy??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It means the GAA are glorified touts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Who or What do ya have to b to get these tickets?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The GAA's premium ticket holders pay €10,000 for a 10-year-ticket and €6,500 for a five-year ticket.

This entitles the holder to a ticket to each major GAA match played at GAA headquarters over the lifetime of the ticket. Last year there were 27 qualifying matches at Croke Park.

A premium ticket, however, does not entitle the holder to a ticket to a concert or other event at the stadium.

But if I had one I'd be telling them where to stick it , Bloody hell the GAA stand to make €150,000 on their most loyal supporters , on top of what they are getting allready . FFS they diddn't even pay for the stadium in the first place .

and people said U2 were robbing us .

I know a premium ticket holder. I wonder how many they are allowed to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

rip off city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

sharkman wrote:
    The GAA's premium ticket holders pay €10,000 for a 10-year-ticket and €6,500 for a five-year ticket.

This entitles the holder to a ticket to each major GAA match played at GAA headquarters over the lifetime of the ticket. Last year there were 27 qualifying matches at Croke Park.

A premium ticket, however, does not entitle the holder to a ticket to a concert or other event at the stadium.

But if I had one I'd be telling them where to stick it , Bloody hell the GAA stand to make €150,000 on their most loyal supporters , on top of what they are getting allready . FFS they diddn't even pay for the stadium in the first place .

and people said U2 were robbing us .

I think you'll find the GAA paid for large parts of the stadium out of their own pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Skyuser wrote:
    I know a premium ticket holder. I wonder how many they are allowed to get?

I would imagine one ticket per holder. Possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

penexpers wrote:
    I would imagine one ticket per holder. Possibly.

ah I'd say 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

I think it's fair enough to charge more than the original price. I'd happily pay a premium to be guaranteed a ticket.

I'd happily pay €150 for one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I have a premium ticket in croke park. We're entitled to buy one for each date for my seat in there..

I'm well looking forward to it..

Advertisement