Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimmy Eat World Gig!

Options
  • 02-02-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

15th March, who's gonna be there?! :D

Anybody know who's supporting??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I'll be there, but I don't know who's supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    I'll be there, but I don't know who's supporting.

ditto i wouldn't miss it for the world.

they better play a praise chorus and lucky denver mint

Ideal set list time! I'd like to hear...

Spangle
    Believe In What You Want
    She's Perfect
    Lucky Denver Mint
    The Most Beautifull Things
    Christmas Card
    Call It In The Air
    Your New Asthetic
    Salt Sweat Sugar
    A Praise Chorus

Ideal set list time! I'd like to hear...

Spangle
    Believe In What You Want
    She's Perfect
    Lucky Denver Mint
    The Most Beautifull Things
    Christmas Card
    Call It In The Air
    Your New Asthetic
    Salt Sweat Sugar
    A Praise Chorus

that is class but what's this salt sweat sugar you talk of?

it is bleed american? because that song has them lyrics did they change the name?

Not sure if you're being sarcasic or not. I think it was called Bleed American in America and Salt Sweat Sugar in europe, or something similar.

• Advertisement

Not sure if you're being sarcasic or not. I think it was called Bleed American in America and Salt Sweat Sugar in europe, or something similar.

no i ain't being sarcastic, bought the album when it came out here it has as bleed american???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

the song and album were titled Bleed american originally then 9/11 hit and the album was renamed to self-titled and the song to salt sweat sugar

and on the "perfect set list" there is no such song as She's Perfect. it's called Softer and available on their self titled EP if you ever get around to buying it. the version sent around through p2p is called She's Perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I'll well be there, I'm looking forward to seeing them :)

Dermo wrote:
    and on the "perfect set list" there is no such song as She's Perfect. it's called Softer and available on their self titled EP if you ever get around to buying it. the version sent around through p2p is called She's Perfect
    Learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I shall surely be there in all my glory! Not a notion who's supporting, don't really care though! Cannot wait..........woohoooo............JIMMY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Should be class, sold out already,maybe a few sitting tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

there should be tickets still left in sound cellar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Im not 100% sure but my mates went for tickets last week and only got sitting,and they hate sitting for gigsi can assure you!

Yeah standing is sols out fo definite....I ain't going because of it! I don't wanna sit and be absolute miles away from the stage, I'll just get frustrated!!!

there was a thread a while back telling you how to get into the standing area with seating tickets, i'll try and fish it out tomorrow but i'm off to bed now

/me kisses his standing ticket good night

Yeah, have managed to get downstairs at gigs I've only had a seating ticket for. It's a lot of hassle though. Much easier to just buy a standing ticket. I really can't understand why people don't just buy them the day they go on sale. It's not hard. It really annoys me when gigs sell out after weeks of them being on sale, and then people start saying how much they wanted to go and how pissed off they are that it's sold out. Not directed at anyone in particular, it's just something I think every time I see somebody starting a thread looking for tickets and use the phrase "genuine fan". Surely you'd have a ticket if you were one. /rant

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I got mt copy somewhere about Dublin and it's called Bleed America.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I have my ticket since december and have to give it away because I'll be on Asgard II and dont sail into Dublin until the day after. Everyone going have an extra pint for me They are going to ROCK!

Jaoibh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Basically, if a band you like is playing the Olympia and want to go to see them standing, then get your ticket as soon as possible. Standing Olympia tickets seem to always sell out real quick.

well i got my tickets the day they went on sale.

i got ticket numbers 2 and 3 :p

• Advertisement

Yeah I know I should have bought it ages ago, but I wasn't gonna go cos I've seen them before and then my little sister begged me to go with her when she heard! It's okay, we'll get over it, hope ya'll have fun though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

dregin wrote:
    I got mt copy somewhere about Dublin and it's called Bleed America.

It was called Bleed America before September 11, but it was re-issued as Jimmy Eat World after September 11.

PS best Jimmy Eat World song (by far) is No Sensitivity (off a split single with Jebediah)

penexpers wrote:
    PS best Jimmy Eat World song (by far) is No Sensitivity (off a split single with Jebediah)

would make my day if they'd play that acoustically, it's a long shot but we all can keep dreaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I really can't understand why people don't just buy them the day they go on sale. It's not hard. It really annoys me when gigs sell out after weeks of them being on sale, and then people start saying how much they wanted to go and how pissed off they are that it's sold out. Not directed at anyone in particular, it's just something I think every time I see somebody starting a thread looking for tickets and use the phrase "genuine fan". Surely you'd have a ticket if you were one. /rant

It can happen when you either a) don't hear about the gig in time or b) don't have the cash to spare when they go on sale. Both of those have happened to me. :mad:

More usually though it's c) too lazy syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm so annoyed about not buying tickets. I've known about the damn gig for absolutely ages now and now the standing tickets are all gone... *mutters angrily*

Advertisement