Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know I knowingly buy crappy games now and again to get a laugh out of them but I'd only pay pocket money prices for them. To reiterate Enternow, for gods sake man! You can just play the game on youtube if you are that desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I know I knowingly buy crappy games now and again to get a laugh out of them but I'd only pay pocket money prices for them. To reiterate Enternow, for gods sake man! You can just play the game on youtube if you are that desperate!

There's a weird feeling which comes with paying big money for a crap rare game. You get great satisfaction from adding a rarity to your collection, but can't help but feel like a bit of a numpty when you play it on a console!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's a weird feeling which comes with paying big money for a crap rare game. You get great satisfaction from adding a rarity to your collection, but can't help but feel like a bit of a numpty when you play it on a console!

You dont have to tell me, I own multiple Darius Alpha's don't forget :(

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    You dont have to tell me, I own multiple Darius Alpha's don't forget :(

Ever feel like starting a thread over on JAMMA+ stating that fact? You know, just for the hell of it? I think those guys need to be aware :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if we can get someone coming the other way, from Jamma+ to here, preferring the rough and ready nature of Boards over the mutually congratulatory environs of Jamma+, where everyones so nice all the time, apparently... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if we can get someone coming the other way, from Jamma+ to here, preferring the rough and ready nature of Boards over the mutually congratulatory environs of Jamma+, where everyones so nice all the time, apparently... ;)

Are you trying to say there's more of this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSCcJTu2y8j6gqDAVS2ODQ66BvrZW7y9DLiL72NhYH0m7F7eGs

and less of of this:pac:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg9icPzxpyOtPMypCW6P2CEcnbxhDRfZSLmKJNtO-bfF-DoS9zqA

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Anyone watching this ad ?

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/playstation2-slim-50-plus-games/2242310?notification=da2d7e02971ffce880250939d56e49ac-1351181374#comment_10689651

Look into his previous comments a bit more in his history, turns out it may be the modified one with burned discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

One way to find out

Copied licensed games, think I will stick in a low baller bid as I'm still having trouble playing a us copy of Katamari.

Somethings not right about that ad, not going to bother with an offer.

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Copied licensed games, think I will stick in a low baller bid as I'm still having trouble playing a us copy of Katamari.

Somethings not right about that ad, not going to bother with an offer.

Agreed !

<self snippage>.

Sounds very pricey, never a good idea either to publicly advertise your phone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if you've got stuff to sell there's adverts.ie
    or if you don't mind getting harangued by scammers when you post your personal details there's donedeal/gumtree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Its the blue neo geo,in perfect condition,which is rare enough. Some of the games I have are bought for about 30 euro each these days.So,I dont think so,but I am willing to negotiate,but only to a certain extent :)

Ah sure,I cant get murdered over the phone so I think I`l be okay :P lol

Which blue is it? I think there were 3 blue versions and none worth more than 40 euro these days.

Don't suppose anyone's got a spare av or scart cable for a Dreamcast ? Finally reintroduced this back into my loving arms and I'm stuck with the bloody rf cable........... :mad::mad::mad:

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone's got a spare av or scart cable for a Dreamcast ? Finally reintroduced this back into my loving arms and I'm stuck with the bloody rf cable........... :mad::mad::mad:

If Retro hears that he'll be around to beat you with a big stick.

??????????????? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Until he sorts out his RF Megadrive setup he's got no claim to beat anyone up, yet. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Until he sorts out his RF Megadrive setup he's got no claim to beat anyone up, yet. :pac:

:eek:

Between o1s1n using a 50Hz Meg 2, & Retr0 using RF...I'm beginning to doubt this place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I dunno how to work around this, but Amazon US, and some 3rd-parties, are selling dirt cheap copies of F-Zero (SNES), new and sealed. Might be handy for those of you loving up the NTSC.

Despite the PAL pic on the ad, I'm reliably informed through the Racketboy forums that they are actually NTSC.

http://tinyurl.com/9gfpkox

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I dunno how to work around this, but Amazon US, and some 3rd-parties, are selling dirt cheap copies of F-Zero (SNES), new and sealed. Might be handy for those of you loving up the NTSC.

Despite the PAL pic on the ad, I'm reliably informed through the Racketboy forums that they are actually NTSC.

http://tinyurl.com/9gfpkox

Interesting, cheers for that. I ordered one from the 3rd party sellers, listed new at €7 & postage was €8...time will tell. If it is indeed NTSC new & sealed, I may leave it that way & order another cart only for actual use. Its worth nothing, but still, it made it this far without being opened so I'll leave it that way. It can join other few sealed games I have on the shelf :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Interesting, cheers for that. I ordered one from the 3rd party sellers, listed new at €7 & postage was €8...time will tell. If it is indeed NTSC new & sealed, I may leave it that way & order another cart only for actual use. Its worth nothing, but still, it made it this far without being opened so I'll leave it that way. It can join other few sealed games I have on the shelf :o

I'm going to open the one I get.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm going to open the one I get.

Uber

EnterNow wrote: »
    Uber

Exactly

Master of the Universe

This will be interesting to watch and see what it ends at. A PAL Wily Wars with no booklet - but it's in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man-The-Wily-Wars-Rockman-Mega-World-Sega-Mega-Drive-PAL-Version-Converter-/170930809825

This will be interesting to watch and see what it ends at. A PAL Wily Wars with no booklet - but it's in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man-The-Wily-Wars-Rockman-Mega-World-Sega-Mega-Drive-PAL-Version-Converter-/170930809825

Why do some sellers point out it came from an "animal free" home? Are animals known for interfering with retro games or something? Smoke free fine, but animal free? :confused:

Master of the Universe

Bit strange alright!

Maybe they mean it won't be full of hair/stink of piss/have nibble marks?

Bit strange alright!

Maybe they mean it won't be full of hair/stink of piss/have nibble marks?

I guess they could also include "Poltergeist/Alien Abduction Free home" too. :pac:

Be interesting to see what it fetches. I see he also has the repro with a few bids on that too. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I reckon it's to do with hair. As being owned by five cats myself, I can safely say that hair is a serious issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement