Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Odds are they will drop it by 25%/33% in the Christmas Sales. And even then, it will just about match the launch prices in brick and mortar stores. The Russian VPN is what's turning me off this so much, but f that isn't a hurdle for you then you know what to do.

i went through the vpn process in a sandbox monitoring everything.
    nothing bad to report at all.

perfectly legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Posted this in bargain alerts already but OnLive have launched in the U.K. and you can get your first game for £1

http://www.onlive.co.uk/go/one-pound?ol_campgn_internal=featuredgames

There's Deus Ex Human Revolution, Warhammer Space Marine, Dirt 3 among others.

edit: think you might need a U.K. IP address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

You need a UK IP to register a credit card on the website.
    (I used Your Freedom, google it it's free and uses SSL and also is trustworthy)
    After that though, you're away.
    I got Deus Ex

Well, I needed a UK IP anyway, I'm on UPC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Doubt my 3mb eircom crap would suffice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

GOG.com are going to be giving out Broken Sword 1 to everyone once they reach 6 million unique downloads. If you want in on some of the action then I'd recommend you head over there and create an account. No idea how it's going to work but they might block it to people who have accounts after the fact. Bought it already off them myself ages ago. Great little game.
    http://twitter.com/#!/GOGcom/statuses/116907381509718017

Yup you'll need an account as soon as they hit their milestone.
    Help us achieve 6 million unique games downloaded milestone

2011 has been a fantastic year for GOG.com, let's make it even better and make the last push to achieve the 6 million unique downloaded games milestone.

During our presentation at the CD Projekt Fall 2011 Conference we've shared some numbers that show how successful this year was for GOG.com, all that was possible thanks to you - our great community. One of the big milestones we'd like to celebrate with you is the 6 million unique downloaded games! Help us achieve this number and we'll launch a time-limited special offer for all GOG.com users!

Note that when we say "unique games downloaded," that means redownloading games that you have already downloaded before won't increment the counter.

When the counter on the main page of the website hits 6 million, two exciting things will hapen. First off, the lucky user who downloaded our 6 millionth unique game will receive everything that's currently in the catalog, abslutely free! Secondly, everyone who has an account on GOG.com will be able to download Broken Sword: Shadow of The Templars Director’s Cut for free, thanks to Sir Charles Cecil and Revolution Software. The offer will be valid only for 48 hours starting from hitting the milestone, so be sure to check GOG regularly or follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Let's get cracking to unlock this achievement as soon as possible - it's all in your hands now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

http://www.gog.com/en/page/dnd_promo

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
    Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
    Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Icewind Dale Complete
    Icewind Dale 2 Complete
    Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
    Planescape: Torment
    Temple of Elemental Evil

All for 60% off = $34.31. You can also buy a subset, and the fraction off goes down (8 for %55 off, 7 for €50 off, etc)

P.

Alpha Protocol is €2 on Steam right now. I really liked this game. Some great choices in there. Shooting is quite disappointing but an enjoyable game, all the same. Easily worth €2

Dreamcast Collection is also €2.50, but I've no idea if it's any use? Also, the games in the dreamcast collection are down to €2.50 each, so use your head and buy the pack of 4 for €2.50

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Company of Heroes only €1.59, gold for €2.99

Get it if you don't own it yet. Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just got the 3 of them, €4.99. What a deal. I love Steam sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Went nuts and got Alpha Protocol as well, tbh I'm not even sure I'll ever play it, but €2 is ridiculous.

danthefan wrote: »
    Went nuts and got Alpha Protocol as well, tbh I'm not even sure I'll ever play it, but €2 is ridiculous.
    The start to it is rather weird. It doesnt seem to want to drag you in. The RPG aspects and in-game choices are pretty damn good though. It's a shame some of the shooting and other design mechanics let it down somewhat.
    Playing it through again, can make you see how well the RPG and choice stuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Company of Heroes for €1.50 on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Snapped up Alpha Protocol for 2 euros. Heard it starts crap and the combat is rubbish but the dialogue and choices really make the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sega and Sonic All Star Racing is only 9.99 on Steam. Fantastic kart racer, as good as any of the mario kart games and was severely underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sega and Sonic All Star Racing is only 9.99 on Steam. Fantastic kart racer, as good as any of the mario kart games and was severely underrated.
    2 posts in space of 2 mins retro?? careful or kearneybobwill pm you asking are you trying to bump your post count...

lol

seen assassins creed brotherhood for 11 euro in hmv good game good price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Damn, was in HMV yesterday picking up Gears 3. Didn't even cast the eye to see if there were any bargains. I'd defo have picked that up at that price. Might wander down early next week and see if they still have it.

Guy in game blanch said the deal for the gears of war 3 limited edition console including 320 gb console, gears of war 3 game, crisis 2 game 2 limited edition xbox controllers will still work as long as shops have stock!!

Deal is swap your 250 gb xbox 360 with 1 controller and 99 euro for the new console deal or swap a 120gb xbox360 elite console one controller and 175 euro for the console!!! It's great value IMO especially the 250gb slim offer!

Still have a console waiting in game Liffey valley if anyone is interested in defo getting it pm mr and I'll give you the details!!

Btw the gears console retails at 335 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if was mentioned , HMV have Gears of War 2 with all the dlc for 11.99

Not sure how many will want it with gow3 only out but sure even if you have it already, the dlc would cost you more than 11.99 :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure if was mentioned , HMV have Gears of War 2 with all the dlc for 11.99

Not sure how many will want it with gow3 only out but sure even if you have it already, the dlc would cost you more than 11.99 :D
    Id buy it for the single player, but the MP is broken and an awful step back from gears 3 and gears 1 in some aspects. I hated the MP in GOW2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tinie wrote: »
    Id buy it for the single player, but the MP is broken and an awful step back from gears 3 and gears 1 in some aspects. I hated the MP in GOW2.

Popped it in there earlier as I wanted to replay the last act as my memory wasn't the best regards the ending etc. Warzone on Avalanche was played while I had the disc in too, and yes nothing has changed :D

I actually think thats what made me not want to get gears 3, the multiplayer boy am I glad I did now. :)

THE GEARS MULTIPLAYER IS FIRST CLASS..

did anyone buy the season pass thing for gears??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

anybody know any good deals id get for tradiing in dead island? in game, gamestop, hmv, anywhere like that? thanks (no GOW3 though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

What game would you be looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

What game would you be looking for ?
    nothing specific really, off the top of my head maybe Driver San Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

If it's a driving game you're after I saw Game had F1 2011 available for 99 cent if you traded in Dead Island. Also had Gears 3 but you're not into that.

You would get €40 credit for it on Xbox at the moment off Gamesnash.

Considering it's out of stock everywhere you would most likely get similar for it on adverts too if you were willing to go down that route.

(in the interests of disclosure I am involved with Gamesnash)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

Found some great games on cdwow, but, unfortunately, they don't have the older titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Can't believe I missed this launch date, GOTY 2011.

(read the customer reviews at the bottom of the page :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Can't believe I missed this launch date, GOTY 2011.

(read the customer reviews at the bottom of the page :) )

Haha heres a youtube rewiew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement