Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycle 23 miles, how long??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats always a point I make to people quoting commute times. It takes me 30mins to commute. To me that is my door closing until I am at my desk in work, 30mins total, "in the saddle" time is 20mins. I hear people fooling themselves, "oh I live outside dublin and commute but actually it is only 45mins", so I ask when they start, -maybe 9am, and then say "so you close your door at 8.15?

THEN you find out the truth, they are out at 6, walk to a bus, wait, go to a train station, wait, train takes 45mins, walk to bus stop, wait, then another bus, then a walk to work.
    Well, this is one of the big things that spurs me on. The bus trip is technically quicker than my cycle to work.
    However, a day's commuting on the bus goes like this:
    Up at 7.40. Shower.
    Walk to bus stop for 8:10. Get bus 5-10 minutes later.
    Get onto quays for 8:45.
    Spend 15 minutes walking to work.

On the bike it goes more like this:
    Get up at 7:50. Pack bags.
    On the bike at 8:00.
    Into work at 8:40. Shower.
    At desk at 8:55. Eat breakfast.

The trip home is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd piss it in under an hour on flat terrrain,on a good day I might even sneak under 55 mins.On my BMX.
    Pulling a wheelie all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

blorg wrote: »
    Pulling a wheelie all the way :D

With someone on his back pegs:D

Advertisement