Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raw 22/09/14 *Spoilers / NOC Results*

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    A lot of Wyatt's critics would be silenced if the chap actually went and said something....frankly, anything, really.

I'd estimate 51% of his verbiage is 14 year-old slash writer's notion of profound. He has the act down, but when it comes to the biting power, the 'draw', for lack of a better expression, I've consistently found him lacking. It's just guff.

This. If you watched a promo of his back in a years time with no background attached, you wouldn't know who it was about. Honestly, what has been the highlight of his solo career upto now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

To be a snotty, miserable smark, but his NXT run had him at his most intriguing. Everything was concise and on message; cult leader wanting to expand his flock and bamboozle the naive into following by whispering all the sweet things they'd never heard. His main run has seen him oscillate between an inconsistent version of that and something of a novelty, upper-midcard monster a la Kane and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I dunno, I find, and have always found, Henry to be lumbering in the ring whearas Bray has serious agility for a man his size. His moves are fairly unique too. You say Henry's music pops the crowd and while that might be arguably true, using it to justify popularity over Wyatt is silly. His music/sound effect intro still gets the audience going just as much as ever. As for promos, I'm sure he's given a certain dialouge to follow.

Henry signed in 1996. I can't think of any standout points since then really. He's never had a Wrestlemania moment. Wyatt semi main evented this year.

I don't dislike Mark Henry btw, I do enjoy him in bits. Glad he's made a long career. It's just don't buy ino the mad love he gets as a talent ( It's different if you just like him or mark for him a bit). But then you have Wyatt who you just hammer non stop regardless of what he does.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I dunno, I find, and have always found, Henry to be lumbering in the ring whearas Bray has serious agility for a man his size. His moves are fairly unique too. You say Henry's music pops the crowd and while that might be arguably true, using it to justify popularity over Wyatt is silly. His music/sound effect intro still gets the audience going just as much as ever. As for promos, I'm sure he's given a certain dialouge to follow.

Henry signed in 1996. I can't think of any standout points since then really. He's never had a Wrestlemania moment. Wyatt semi main evented this year.

I don't dislike Mark Henry btw, I do enjoy him in bits. Glad he's made a long career. It's just don't buy ino the mad love he gets as a talent ( It's different if you just like him or mark for him a bit). But then you have Wyatt who you just hammer non stop regardless of what he does.
    I wasn't strictly referring to Mark Henry's music. His character is a massive part of the impact.

As for his wrestling, he's not exactly Jeff Hardy in terms of agility but he plays the role of the big guy to perfection especially in matches he's not set to win.

What role does Wyatt play in matches? They're always dull borefests

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna save my argumentative streak for Around The Horn (which you should join btw!) but asking what role Wyatt plays in matches is a the question. He plays the role of an out-there creepy cult leader. He incorporates it with the kiss on the forehead, the crab walk and the upside down hanging bit in the corner. So I wouldn't call that boring. It pops the crowd. Also, the tango/waltz he does with a dazed opponent is something you've rarely seen in a ring either. Anyway, I'm out!

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm gonna save my argumentative streak for Around The Horn (which you should join btw!) but asking what role Wyatt plays in matches is a the question. He plays the role of an out-there creepy cult leader. He incorporates it with the kiss on the forehead, the crab walk and the upside down hanging bit in the corner. So I wouldn't call that boring. It pops the crowd. Also, the tango/waltz he does with a dazed opponent is something you've rarely seen in a ring either. Anyway, I'm out!

I mean his wrestling, not the character. Nobody would question Bray Wyatt the actor, merely his script and the oh so important fight scenes

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

3 hours is a massive joke at this stage. REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY. I reckon they get the same amount of matches in too as back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    This. If you watched a promo of his back in a years time with no background attached, you wouldn't know who it was about. Honestly, what has been the highlight of his solo career upto now?

Probably the night Daniel Bryan turned on him?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably the night Daniel Bryan turned on him?

A plus player right there

• Advertisement
Advertisement