Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Well checking out the new Killer Mike album now. Is his last one any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Wiirdo wrote: »
    Well checking out the new Killer Mike album now. Is his last one any good?

Yeah Pl3dge is well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Heard this song just there now. Pretty good song. His album's coming out soon. He's on Tech N9ne's label and he makes an appearance on it. Think Hopsin is on one of the tracks as well.

Oh and I saw that POS from Doomtree is finished his album. No name or date on it yet. Hopefully we'll hear more details when Doomtree finish up their tour at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

not a bad one from obie, get rich or die tryin its called obvious mention of g unit with that song title.

Pushing yayo,the young buck in the game, trying to get my 50 cents up and a name moving G units, getting my banks of the use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

"Pushing yayo,the young buck in the game, trying to get my 50 cents up and a name moving G units, getting my banks of the use."

I like that line. Surprised it has not been used before actually.

Is this a new song? 2012?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Looking forward to the Ab-Soul album that's out tomorrow, haven't heard anything from it, (bar one track, that I can't remember the name of) but I'm hearing great stuff about the released material :)

The Killer Mike & El-P album is in steady rotation, Reagan and Don't Die back to back is the high point in hip hop for me this year.
    I can't believe how on point Mike and El-P's point about sounding like Ice Cube and Bomb Squad circa 1988-1991 was, that's exactly with this album reminds me of

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ab-Soul is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

"Pushing yayo,the young buck in the game, trying to get my 50 cents up and a name moving G units, getting my banks of the use."

I like that line. Surprised it has not been used before actually.

Royce said something similar on his album, can't think of the exact lyrics right now though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Was at the Brother Ali show last night in London and it was amazing. He done 4 songs from his new album and all I can say is wow, its gonna be dope. One of the beats Jake One has produced is so sick, I think i just had the gasface the whole way through.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Royce said something similar on his album, can't think of the exact lyrics right now though..

Ok, I've never listened to his solo albums (except bits and pieces)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Was at the Brother Ali show last night in London and it was amazing. He done 4 songs from his new album and all I can say is wow, its gonna be dope. One of the beats Jake One has produced is so sick, I think i just had the gasface the whole way through.

I'm still trying to arrange to get to one of the shows and to a Doomtree show next week. How were Grieves & Budo?

The new Brother Ali track produced by Jake One is excellent, Ali is really attacking in his delivery. Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color is one not to be missed this year I reckon.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm still trying to arrange to get to one of the shows and to a Doomtree show next week. How were Grieves & Budo?

The new Brother Ali track produced by Jake One is excellent, Ali is really attacking in his delivery. Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color is one not to be missed this year I reckon.

E]

Read an interview with Ali saying that Jake One was really encouraginh him to switch up his flow.

Grieves & Budo were great too. They played a new track too which was great.

One the train to Manchester now to do it all again

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Read an interview with Ali saying that Jake One was really encouraginh him to switch up his flow.

Grieves & Budo were great too. They played a new track too which was great.

One the train to Manchester now to do it all again

Hope you have tickets for tonight as it's sold out!

I've given Killer Mike & El-p's R.A.P. Music a few spins now and I have to admit, it's excellent. I thought that after hearing Big Beast a few weeks ago that the rest of the album couldnt top that, but it does. Mike sounds so good over P's beats, such a natural fit. Big Beast is the perfect opening for the record as well.
    The things I love about the album, it's versatile, all differnt types of songs and it's not long, no boring parts.
    It's constant entertainment throughout, with lyrically and musicly loads to hear.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hope you have tickets for tonight as it's sold out!

Yessir! Last night ended up selling out and i think tomorrow has as well. Thats great to hear!

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/soul-khan-wellstone-ep/

Soul Khan EP

Coming with a full album that will be a Full LP and produced all by J57 and will be sample free apparently.

Hopefully Koncept will feature on it. His album was brilliant. Looking forward to Khan's album.

Hopefully Koncept will feature on it. His album was brilliant. Looking forward to Khan's album.

I would imagine he would. So much music, so little time.

"thats what I call Hii(gh)power!" haha

I would imagine he would. So much music, so little time.

I saw on Koncept's Twitter there that he's putting out an EP with J57 himself next month. Should be great.

Also him and Soul Khan might be coming back to the UK in Autumn for another tour I suppose.

• Advertisement

What do people think the new Slaughterhouse album (June 2012) will sell like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

40,000 1st week
    Shady Records are a terrible label for doing promo

Yeah I don't know either. You would imagine with the label they are on now they might sell really well considering they are easily one of the best groups out now.

not a hope they'l see past 100'000 anyway, i say between 50 and 70k 1st week. Album will never see gold.

had a listen to ab souls new album the other night, shocking imo. very letdown by it , 1st piece of rubbish iv heard from black hippy so far.

not a hope they'l see past 100'000 anyway, i say between 50 and 70k 1st week. Album will never see gold.

had a listen to ab souls new album the other night, shocking imo. very letdown by it , 1st piece of rubbish iv heard from black hippy so far.

I hope so too. They are all amazing rappers, even though I know more of Crooked I and Royce than the other two.

Really? I just downloaded Schoolboy Q Setbacks to see what the rest of Black Hippy have to offer.

Also, Dj Yella is supposing to be releasing and album this year. "West Coastin'" Summer 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

New Ab-Soul is excellent as usual.

"shocking"
    "excellent as usual"

Is this a paid album?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New DMX EP dropping tonight. Really looking forward to it but the Dre and Snoop track is actually dreadful. It's like whoever photoshopped the ep cover just remixed some x snoop and dre. And this is the 1st official single so kind of afraid what the rest is like.

"shocking"
    "excellent as usual"

Is this a paid album?

i wouldnt buy it anyway not a hope, this is the only song id call class.

im as big a black hippy fan as anyone hear, being preaching them for ages now well before they started to blow up like they are now but i have to be honest , its a letdown.

this is a banger but thats it imo, 2 or 3 average songs followed by rubbish.

man that dmx track is horrible, still think he'll come with a bit of heat though. he needs this mixtape to do well and create a bit of a buzz, the single with mgk never got of the ground.

• Advertisement

Yeah ok thanks. Yes I would hardly call you a liar on it as you seem very big into all of the black hippy stuff not just K Lamars stuff.

I will give it a miss and actually buy section.80 and some other stuff.

I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar. I don't really like his style a lot anyway. But sure I said the same for Kendrick Lamar!!!! So who knows.

That DMX is pretty bad sounds like it was mixed with fruity loops by a 12 year old non hip-hop fan.

Advertisement