Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many rear fog lights has a 2004 Merc Sprinter?

Options
  • 26-05-2015 6:46pm

I think I already know the answer to this.

I have the RHS working. I have a holder, lense and bulb present in the LHS and no yellow wire with a black stripe in the loom or connector.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

One, only one required I assume they wire up the other one for LHD purposes.

Cheers, thought as much after a bittov beard scratching, 5 minutes looking for a wire that wasn't there (and fixing every other tail light in order of importance). The holders are ganged and not mirror image so it's the same unit for both sides (production costs) I guess it's populated with a bulb because someone put one there. Good a place as any to keep a spare.
    Probably cheaper make the same lenses for LHD and RHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

moodrater wrote: »
    One, only one required...
    There is no legal requirement to have any fog lights in the ROI. Most vehicles here are built to UK spec where a rear fog is mandatory. If you submit a vehicle for an NCT/DOE they only check to see that the fog light/lights (front or rear) are alligned properly and emitting the correct light. If they are not working, they don't check them.

They failed me for not having one (removed to fit tow-bar)...and engine mounts and track rod ends once upon a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

There is no legal requirement to have any fog lights in the ROI. Most vehicles here are built to UK spec where a rear fog is mandatory. If you submit a vehicle for an NCT/DOE they only check to see that the fog light/lights (front or rear) are alligned properly and emitting the correct light. If they are not working, they don't check them.

If originally fitted the rear has to work in both the NCT and DOE. Missing is a failure item in both.

NCT Manual:
    https://www.ncts.ie/NCT%20Manual%20Revise%20May%202012.pdf

DOE Manual
    http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Testing/CVR/LCV_Manual_final_version.pdf

Fronts are a different story you can just disconnect/remove them if they don't work:

"Where auxiliary lamps are found to be inoperative, this should not be considered a reason for failure."

I have simply disconnected the fronts in 3 vehicles and they have always passed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement