Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€150 fine for droping bag...

Options
  • 24-07-2015 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got a registered letter today...€150 for "male driver dumps bag on top of bottle bank Littlepace Dublin 15" and my car been identified after plates.
    As far as a recall, I dropped few bottles to the bank but not dumping a bag full of glass !

Of course, not being smart arse, but apart of DNA traces, I guess they had witness or some sort of a CCTV. I'm going to ask for video evidence.

Anyone in the same course of "recycling" €150 !??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They use a temporary CCTV system which goes to different bring bank locations and fly tipping spots. If you disagree, you should formally contest it, ask for the video evidence etc

They could be suggesting that you left behind the bag you brought the bottles in, rather than left a full bag of glass behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Yeah they will have got your details from the reg on the video they took.

Same thing happened someone I know, have to pay up as there is no way out of it. Don't pay it and the fine will keep getting increased until it goes to court. Once they have video evidence theres not much you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Larbre34 wrote: »
    They could be suggesting that you left behind the bag you brought the bottles in, rather than left a full bag of glass behind.

Could have been as I remember (I could be wrong, is months since) that I have "hide" the bag, along with other bags left there, it wasn't only mine ! :(

If that is the case, is a easy target to get €150 from every one of the people dropping bags there...

At least, if I'm been proven wrong, i will get them working for the fee to get the video evidence, lesson for next time (if ever I m going near that place again) or for other people here...

Another registered appeal / request letter, back to them, in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

My brother in law got one of those letters before. I think he got shown the video, but what he did was put in all of his bottles, and then put the plastic bag in afterwards instead of putting it in the car.
    Unless it's glass or can, anything else is deemed as littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

instead of putting signs up or providing bins they put cctv up to fine people and make money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

rolion wrote: »
    Could have been as I remember (I could be wrong, is months since) that I have "hide" the bag, along with other bags left there, it wasn't only mine ! :(

If that is the case, is a easy target to get €150 from every one of the people dropping bags there...

At least, if I'm been proven wrong, i will get them working for the fee to get the video evidence, lesson for next time (if ever I m going near that place again) or for other people here...

Well if you did leave a bag there, you did litter, so you do deserve the fine, regardless of whether other people have or have not left their bags there.

If you think you did leave the bag there, just pay the bloody fine, don't go down the route of 'making them work for the fee'.

The amount of crap; bags and boxes, that gets left at bottle banks is infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you left the bag there you are getting off lightly with a €150 fine. What's the point in driving out to drop off bottles and leaving other rubbish discarded?

Who did you think was going to get rid of the bag for you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hi,

Just got a registered letter today...€150 for "male driver dumps bag on top of bottle bank Littlepace Dublin 15" and my car been identified after plates.
    As far as a recall, I dropped few bottles to the bank but not dumping a bag full of glass !

Of course, not being smart arse, but apart of DNA traces, I guess they had witness or some sort of a CCTV. I'm going to ask for video evidence.

Anyone in the same course of "recycling" €150 !??

I'm assuming that the video evidence will show you "hiding" your empty bag instead of putting it back in the car or in a bin and you'll still be fined for littering.

OldBean wrote: »
    Well if you did leave a bag there, you did litter, so you do deserve the fine, regardless of whether other people have or have not left their bags there.

If you think you did leave the bag there, just pay the bloody fine, don't go down the route of 'making them work for the fee'.

The amount of crap; bags and boxes, that gets left at bottle banks is infuriating.
    If you left the bag there you are getting off lightly with a €150 fine. What's the point in driving out to drop off bottles and leaving other rubbish discarded?

Who did you think was going to get rid of the bag for you?
    miamee wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the video evidence will show you "hiding" your empty bag instead of putting it back in the car or in a bin and you'll still be fined for littering.

@all above..
    No offence but do you work in Fingal County Council !?
    Then wtf is with your attitude ?
    I'm not a sheep to act and pay at first letter.
    The Microsoft guys in India will be rich if they will call me every day ! :)

I said am not acting like a smart arse here, but I need to know HOW I've been identified and WHY im ben charged.
    If the bag left over there, by me, without thinking and been aware, as there other bags left there WITHOUT a fcukign sign, i guessed and assumed is fine.
    After dropping bottles in there, last thing in my mind was to hide or take the small plastic bag.

If is because the bag, after I receive the video evidence ,i will go to court and PAY the fine(s) but kindly ask the judge if is any legal reasons or frameworks to oblige the Fingal CC to put up signs to don't drop the bags, lids or other remaining items ,messing up the area as that will be an offence and €150 will go trough, for their bonuses. That will create awareness and people will avoid been here, jumping their fingers on the keyboards. Also, there was not a single sign for CCTV area, therefore that will have to be checked as well.

If that is the case,that's fine for me, lesson learned AND it will warn / teach / R E M I N D other people to don't repeat my mistake !!

Simple, stop bashing me for dropping a fcukign bag, if that will be the case...we will see...i'm not hiding but making sure no one ever gets in the same position !

Keep you posted !
    Regards

PS
    Few years ago I got a letter from Cork CC to pay €180 fines for illegal parking in some town never heard of.
    Been in court and proved ,with documents that they were wrong, as we cannot be in Dublin and in Cork at the same time !
    My car plate been identified wrongly, while my wife and I been working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Haha lols.

He admits to dropping/hiding a bag and can't see how that is littering, then wants a sign saying to not litter becuase he has a child mentality, and dosent know how to adult.

But, sir, there was other bags there, why am I being picked on.
    I want signs everywhere to remind me to not litter.

• Advertisement

Haha lols.

He admits to dropping/hiding a bag and can't see how that is littering, then wants a sign saying to not litter becuase he has a child mentality, and dosent know how to adult.

But, sir, there was other bags there, why am I being picked on.
    I want signs everywhere to remind me to not litter.

Mark my words: if the fine proves that I dropped the bag, as per above posters, I will go to court to check for legal reasons to force FCC to fit the panels.
    In event of failure,I will pay and install myself posters in near dumping areas to kindly remind other people to don't dump the bags, lids and do not contaminate the dropping area.Is gonna be childish,gross, rude and €150 to follow by post.

My learned lesson... haha lols :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Erecting your own signs are also littering.

You littered, you know you littered, they clearly have evidence. why are you fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭SteM

If is because the bag, after I receive the video evidence ,i will go to court and PAY the fine(s) but kindly ask the judge if is any legal reasons or frameworks to oblige the Fingal CC to put up signs to don't drop the bags, lids or other remaining items ,messing up the area as that will be an offence and €150 will go trough, for their bonuses. That will create awareness and people will avoid been here, jumping their fingers on the keyboards. Also, there was not a single sign for CCTV area, therefore that will have to be checked as well.....

When you do this please post the details here. I'll gladly take the day off work to go and see it happen, but I don't believe that it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Seriously did you honestly think that will hold up? Sorry lads, everyone else put their hand in the fire so I did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Mark my words: if the fine proves that I dropped the bag, as per above posters, I will go to court to check for legal reasons to force FCC to fit the panels.
    In event of failure,I will pay and install myself posters in near dumping areas to kindly remind other people to don't dump the bags, lids and do not contaminate the dropping area.Is gonna be childish,gross, rude and €150 to follow by post.

My learned lesson... haha lols :)

Most recycling stations state 'don't leave bags or boxes here' and even if they didn't, they wouldn't need to because, most PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT STUPID. Leaving a bag behind is dumping, you deserve the fine for being a lazy gobsh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Lads, would you's ever relax for god sake. It's one empty bag, it takes someone what 2/3 mins clean up the empty bags/boxes.

I do have a problem with the people who roll up and leave everything out in the open. Bottles, Rubbish etc..

Repak should provide a bin for the EMPTY plastic bags and something for the EMPTY boxes people bring there stuff in, instead of shooting out fines for 150€, which IMO is fairly excessive for one plastic bag. A warning would do in the case of a plastic bag/empty box.

@all above..
    No offence but do you work in Fingal County Council !?
    Then wtf is with your attitude ?
    I'm not a sheep to act and pay at first letter.
    The Microsoft guys in India will be rich if they will call me every day ! :)

I said am not acting like a smart arse here, but I need to know HOW I've been identified and WHY im ben charged.
    If the bag left over there, by me, without thinking and been aware, as there other bags left there WITHOUT a fcukign sign, i guessed and assumed is fine.
    After dropping bottles in there, last thing in my mind was to hide or take the small plastic bag.

If is because the bag, after I receive the video evidence ,i will go to court and PAY the fine(s) but kindly ask the judge if is any legal reasons or frameworks to oblige the Fingal CC to put up signs to don't drop the bags, lids or other remaining items ,messing up the area as that will be an offence and €150 will go trough, for their bonuses. That will create awareness and people will avoid been here, jumping their fingers on the keyboards. Also, there was not a single sign for CCTV area, therefore that will have to be checked as well.

If that is the case,that's fine for me, lesson learned AND it will warn / teach / R E M I N D other people to don't repeat my mistake !!

Simple, stop bashing me for dropping a fcukign bag, if that will be the case...we will see...i'm not hiding but making sure no one ever gets in the same position !

Keep you posted !
    Regards

PS
    Few years ago I got a letter from Cork CC to pay €180 fines for illegal parking in some town never heard of.
    Been in court and proved ,with documents that they were wrong, as we cannot be in Dublin and in Cork at the same time !
    My car plate been identified wrongly, while my wife and I been working.

What an absolutely terrible attitude.

Everyone knows not to litter, regardless of "hiding" it. One would hope we don't need signs on every street.

I would hope the judge directs you to the following:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0012/

...Rather than give in to your irresponsible actions and queries, and put tax payers money towards signs.

Erecting your own signs are also littering.

You littered, you know you littered, they clearly have evidence. why are you fighting?

I'm fighting ?
    I've asked for clarification here, is a 3 months old case,understood it "could" be the dropping bag, i need to clarify that is the case and if proved wrong, i will pay the fine.

Can I kindly check for an assumptions here: what if I took the bag back in the car, it cannot be seen on their video BUT they got only my car plates in clear recording and I pay for other bags in there !? Lets wait for the video.

I'll check for the warning panels also, thanks for the tip with littering.

It looks like is getting too "personal" and is time for me to go offline.

TGIF and clear skies...sorry, clean dumping containers ! :)

TallGlass wrote: »
    Lads, would you's ever relax for god sake. It's one empty bag, it takes someone what 2/3 mins clean up the empty bags/boxes.

And if everyone takes that approach, we've a couple of hundred empty bags there over a weekend.

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I do have a problem with the people who roll up and leave everything out in the open. Bottles, Rubbish etc..

Repak should provide a bin for the EMPTY plastic bags and something for the EMPTY boxes people bring there stuff in, instead of shooting out fines for 150€, which IMO is fairly excessive for one plastic bag. A warning would do in the case of a plastic bag/empty box.

Eh no. A warning will do feck all. To teach people you have to hit them in the pocket. Either do it right or don't bother.

Otherwise you just end up with our current legal system of judges letting people off with suspended sentences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'll eat my hat if the video evidence shows it wasn't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I really don't see what your point is. Using that logic, I should be able to walk around Dublin exposing myself to people because there aren't any signs up saying "DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF".

You knew that leaving your bag was wrong. You did it anyway, you were caught, you were fined. It would be easier to just pay the fine and move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭SteM

Sad fact is that a lot of people are too lazy to even take the bottles out of the boxes to put them in the bins provided. If someone doesn’t bother putting an empty bag back in their car they're walking back to then they're probably not going to bother putting the empty bag in a bin.

Eh no. A warning will do feck all. To teach people you have to hit them in the pocket. Either do it right or don't bother.

Otherwise you just end up with our current legal system of judges letting people off with suspended sentences.

I agree with you, as 2 penalty points for a driving offence is easy to digest but a fine of €80/€160 is harder to take it...

@all, let's wait for the video, please ! Assumptions is the mother of all fcukups...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

Why would they be obliged to put a sign to telling you not to do something that is clear you shouldn't do! that is mad. It reminds me of the episode of the Simpson where Homer gets warning signs put up everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

jungleman wrote: »
    I really don't see what your point is. Using that logic, I should be able to walk around Dublin exposing myself to people because there aren't any signs up saying "DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF".

You knew that leaving your bag was wrong. You did it anyway, you were caught, you were fined. It would be easier to just pay the fine and move on!

Don't knock it, it's great fun. Some of the reactions you get.....
    I'm off out now to 'hide' a mattress and an old washing machine behind some bushes down the bog road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

SteM wrote: »
    Sad fact is that a lot of people are too lazy to even take the bottles out of the boxes to put them in the bins provided. If someone doesn’t bother putting an empty bag back in their car they're walking back to then they're probably not going to bother putting the empty bag in a bin.

A mate of mine claims that he helped an old lady take a box of bottles out of her car, placing the box on the ground. He drove off, apparently so did she and he got fined for littering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So you go to court having leftva bag in a receptical meant for glass only.
    Looking forward to hear what costs are awarded against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

galljga1 wrote: »
    Don't knock it, it's great fun. Some of the reactions you get.....
    I'm off out now to 'hide' a mattress and an old washing machine behind some bushes down the bog road.

You're such a child...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Alright, leave out the personal comments - attack the post not the poster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement