Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers/Skrill

• 16-11-2013 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭

Well lads

Looking for a bit of advice, I have 3 accounts (PP, B365, Betfair) and keep funds in each independent of one another. My stakes are a % of bank, so I find if one account goes low I become a little limited. I do it this way to avoid multiple transactions on my bank statement.

Anyway, i'd like to pool my online cash in moneybookers and then deposit when needed into whichever account i'm going to bet on. Is there anything I should look out for before setting up an account?

The way i'm thinking of doing it will mean multiple transactions on accounts per day (depending if i bet of course) as in stake deposited in, winnings (hopefully :D) withdrawn back out to moneybookers.

Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Well lads

Looking for a bit of advice, I have 3 accounts (PP, B365, Betfair) and keep funds in each independent of one another. My stakes are a % of bank, so I find if one account goes low I become a little limited. I do it this way to avoid multiple transactions on my bank statement.

Anyway, i'd like to pool my online cash in moneybookers and then deposit when needed into whichever account i'm going to bet on. Is there anything I should look out for before setting up an account?

The way i'm thinking of doing it will mean multiple transactions on accounts per day (depending if i bet of course) as in stake deposited in, winnings (hopefully :D) withdrawn back out to moneybookers.

Cheers

Should be fine. Paddy Power withdrawals to Moneybookers go through in under an hour normally. Betfair about a day.

Only potential problem might be constantly removing your balance from each bookie each day. Betdaq gave out to me about that.

Finally, get a security fob off moneybookers for added protection on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Mezcita wrote: »
    Should be fine. Paddy Power withdrawals to Moneybookers go through in under an hour normally. Betfair about a day.

Only potential problem might be constantly removing your balance from each bookie each day. Betdaq gave out to me about that.

Finally, get a security fob off moneybookers for added protection on your account.

Cheers man

What's a security fob?

Also I asked on chat for PP and B365 how multiple withdrawals would be viewed, they said no problem so hopefully there a good as their word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Cheers man

What's a security fob?

Also I asked on chat for PP and B365 how multiple withdrawals would be viewed, they said no problem so hopefully there a good as their word.

No worries.

The security fob is a token thing that they send out to you which is a bit like the ones banks use for online banking security. Basically means that every time you lodge money with your Moneybookers account you have to use the token to randomly generate a number. Good in case your account gets hacked.

https://www.skrill.com/en/vip/support/#token

• Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You can get a moneybookers card as well and use it to withdraw cash if you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well lads

Cheers

Perfectly resonable, just make sure to get your account fully verified first, as you'll be restricted to small transactions until you get the letter and bank verification sorted.
    Mezcita wrote: »

This is where you might have a problem, bookies pay fees to process transactions and that's why they were giving out, if you abuse this some may remove Skrill as deposit/withdrawal option.

You won't get the security token unless you have VIP status with skrill.

The best thing about skrill is you can earn cashback on deposits, friend of mine runs this site, you can get new or existing accounts tagged for cashback, it gets paid directly to your skrill account on a monthly basis.

I've arranged a special rate of 0.5% cashback on all deposits for anyone who uses promo code boards, existing accounts can also sign up np, just follow the link above.

To get your VIP status activated you need to deposit 2k in 30 days and contact them to let them know.

I'm signed up for this myself, haven't had any problems depositing/withdrawing and cashback gets paid out like clockwork.

If anyone needs any more info, just send me a pm, it's free money tbh and any half serious gambler should have this set up imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Cheers for all the help lads, account is up and running and going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparticous

hello iv just got myself one of these skrill cards if i win a bet online and transfer money to my skrill account can i withdraw with my card instantly and how long does it take for money to get from my bookies account to skrill account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sparticous wrote: »
    hello iv just got myself one of these skrill cards if i win a bet online and transfer money to my skrill account can i withdraw with my card instantly and how long does it take for money to get from my bookies account to skrill account

From PP to Skrill, 1 hour.

Bet365 within about 4 hours.

Most you can withdraw at an ATM in 24hours is €250 in cash with the skrill mastercard.

Nice one that suits me perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Bare in mind there is a charge for ATM withdrawals, I think it's about €2.50 per withdrawal.

• Advertisement

paulb06 wrote: »
    Bare in mind there is a charge for ATM withdrawals, I think it's about €2.50 per withdrawal.

I'd only use account to collect winnings do u use this is it as quick as everybody says

Sparticous wrote: »
    I'd only use account to collect winnings do u use this is it as quick as everybody says

It's €1.80 withdrawal fee.

It is as quick, I withdraw money from PP/Bet365 and can go down to an ATM in a matter of hours, handy if in need of a few quid to keep you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

can anyone confirm what shows up in the bank account when you deposit and withdraw to and from skrill????? dont like the b365,pp,betfair showing up on the account as i will hopefully be looking for a mortgage and i was advised to get rid of them as they go against your application, cheer steve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Same boat as you Evosteo. I just set up a skrill yesterday with the aim to be able to hook it up to Mara and other bookies that don't accept paypal. I also want to be able to withdraw from the ATM.

Main question I have is can banks see your withdrawal from the ATM in a mortgage review process?, in that they would ask what your skrill activities are?. I guess it's more for the financial part of boards but thought I'd mention here in case anyone has been through this before.

Cheers

Same boat as you Evosteo. I just set up a skrill yesterday with the aim to be able to hook it up to Mara and other bookies that don't accept paypal. I also want to be able to withdraw from the ATM.

Main question I have is can banks see your withdrawal from the ATM in a mortgage review process?, in that they would ask what your skrill activities are?. I guess it's more for the financial part of boards but thought I'd mention here in case anyone has been through this before.

Cheers

Firstly the banks aren't stupid, they know that most customers that use Skrill use it for gambling to be fair but at least it doesn't show up as such, but they must be able to trace it all the same. But its still better that just PP or Bet365 showing on statement.

It shows up as follows for me with BOI for a transaction

POS16MAR MB*MONEYBOOK

or

POS23MAR SKR*SKRILL.COM

Not sure why they are different, may be something to do with one was PP and other Bet365. But no mention of bookies in statement, but as I said, moneybrookers may use is for online gambling.

shmeee wrote: »
    Firstly the banks aren't stupid, they know that most customers that use Skrill use it for gambling to be fair but at least it doesn't show up as such, but they must be able to trace it all the same. But its still better that just PP or Bet365 showing on statement.

POS16MAR MB*MONEYBOOK

or

POS23MAR SKR*SKRILL.COM

Not sure why they are different, may be something to do with one was PP and other Bet365. But no mention of bookies in statement, but as I said, moneybrookers may use is for online gambling.

Yes and plus does anyone know the reason when you go to upload money to Skrill it asks you for what reason? ie gambling or non gambling.

POS16MAR MB*MONEYBOOK

or

POS23MAR SKR*SKRILL.COM

Cheers for that good to know as with Paypal they shove the name of the bookie (or whoever you sent it to) into the transaction on statement.

I intend on having 6 months of credit card statements and bank statements without any bookies transactions at all but just wonder if I access my funds with the skrill atm card will the banks see that transaction between skrill and me via the skrill atm card in the mortgage review process?. Sorry don't know if I was totally clear about that on original post.

I basically want to show no digital trace of gambling at all so don't want to get there and then find that atm transactions are being looked at from skrill in the Mortgage process. Hoping to leave a gambling pot out there on skrill and not have anyone involved in the mortgage process know about it only myself while i move it between bookies.

Cheers

Cheers for that good to know as with Paypal they shove the name of the bookie (or whoever you sent it to) into the transaction on statement.

I intend on having 6 months of credit card statements and bank statements without any bookies transactions at all but just wonder if I access my funds with the skrill atm card will the banks see that transaction between skrill and me via the skrill atm card in the mortgage review process?. Sorry don't know if I was totally clear about that on original post.

I basically want to show no digital trace of gambling at all so don't want to get there and then find that atm transactions are being looked at from skrill in the Mortgage process. Hoping to leave a gambling pot out there on skrill and not have anyone involved in the mortgage process know about it only myself while i move it between bookies.

Cheers

No, the transaction between your skrill acount and the skrill mastercard will not show on any bank statements, they have nothing to do with them, only that you may use one of their ATM's. So no fear of that.

How do you intend to deposit into your skrill account without any notice of it on accounts? Even if it just says what I quoted above earlier.

No, the transaction between your skrill acount and the skrill mastercard will not show on any bank statements, they have nothing to do with them, only that you may use one of their ATM's. So no fear of that.

How do you intend to deposit into your skrill account without any notice of it on accounts? Even if it just says what I quoted above earlier.

Cheers man good to know that for the ATM transactions. I'm going to deposit my gambling balance over but don't intend on applying for a mortgage inside 6 months so I'll have time to let it clear off the credit card statements. The perfect crime as it were :pac:

Cheers man good to know that for the ATM transactions. I'm going to deposit my gambling balance over but don't intend on applying for a mortgage inside 6 months so I'll have time to let it clear off the credit card statements. The perfect crime as it were :pac:

Sounds okay so, and then just withdraw as you need with the Skrill card, it's limited at €250 in 24 hours btw. Its a great option all the same. I try and deposit a good lump at once and hopefully last's me a decent spell of time and then take out with the skrill card as good as instantly.

• Advertisement

Sounds okay so, and then just withdraw as you need with the Skrill card, it's limited at €250 in 24 hours btw. Its a great option all the same. I try and deposit a good lump at once and hopefully last's me a decent spell of time and then take out with the skrill card as good as instantly.

Sounds the proper job alright. Be great to have access like this to withdraw straight to the pocket every so often if on a winning streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

liking the sound of that, how do you get the card?????

Yes and plus does anyone know the reason when you go to upload money to Skrill it asks you for what reason? ie gambling or non gambling.

Very interested to know this too. Got asked today when verifying my credit card and found it very strange.

evosteo wrote: »
    liking the sound of that, how do you get the card?????

Need to find this out too. I haven't read through the site fully yet.

Need to find this out too. I haven't read through the site fully yet.

Just set up a skrill moneybrookers account and then apply for one, comes in the post a few days later and it's linked to your skrill account. Easy job, quick and simple.

http://g.skrill.com/mastercard/ie/

I have a card myself and it's great as long as you don't use ATM too often. You can w/d back into your bank a/c too. Just be aware that when you make a transaction through your bank a/c it will initially show on your statement and then disappear only to appear back a few days later :mad:

Extremely frustrating and they do not answer any queries with regards to it. Ive set up numerous calls which to date have never been answered!

I have a card myself and it's great as long as you don't use ATM too often. You can w/d back into your bank a/c too. Just be aware that when you make a transaction through your bank a/c it will initially show on your statement and then disappear only to appear back a few days later :mad:

Extremely frustrating and they do not answer any queries with regards to it. Ive set up numerous calls which to date have never been answered!

What kind of transaction do you mean?

What kind of transaction do you mean?

If I uploaded via my Debit Card. It will show on my statement, then disappear and reappear a few working days later. I've been reading about it and it's like they 'pre authorise' it and then remove it. Then apply for all payments on a certain day.

Just set up a skrill moneybrookers account and then apply for one, comes in the post a few days later and it's linked to your skrill account. Easy job, quick and simple.

http://g.skrill.com/mastercard/ie/

Cheers Shmeee. that'll show ya how little I've been on there :) gonna get that sent out to me now thanks.

• Advertisement

If I deposit to paddy power threw paypal can I withdraw winnings still through my skrill card

Advertisement