Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Bought a Vita TV in Japan at the weekend. Can't try it yet as it's a Xmas gift but it's a very neat bit of kit. Hopefully it will work ok. Info on the web was a bit contradictory but I think it should work from Vita cards here - just not on the PSN.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dermoth wrote: »
    Bought a Vita TV in Japan at the weekend. Can't try it yet as it's a Xmas gift but it's a very neat bit of kit. Hopefully it will work ok. Info on the web was a bit contradictory but I think it should work from Vita cards here - just not on the PSN.

Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This looks like a pretty great deal for anyone who's still on the fence.

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/889587981?_$ja=tsid:48045|kw:je6NUbpObpQ|cgn:je6NUbpObpQ-t_2.s04YZw8zOOiVomtJTg

Vita - Tearaway - 16GB card for £140

Edit: I've never actually used this site so I've no idea how reliable they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/889587981?_$ja=tsid:48045|kw:je6NUbpObpQ|cgn:je6NUbpObpQ-t_2.s04YZw8zOOiVomtJTg

For anyone who is still sitting on the fence get the hell off the fence and buy one, you wont be dissapointed.

Seriously it is an amazing bit of kit in particular for that price.

On a side note I cant wait for tearaway. Looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Edit: I've never actually used this site so I've no idea how reliable they are.

Play.com are fine. Free postage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I got my Vita from play 2 weeks ago, had to use Parcel Motel to get it as they wouldn't ship it to Ireland. Got here pretty quick all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Damien360

decided to take the plunge, registered for play.com but just realised the deal above is only for saver points and cannot be purchased. Tried every which way but it is like a savings club on purchases for play.com

Play.com want silly money for VITA
    smyths are €200 for just vita
    amazon want €240 for vita with 16gb card
    xtravision want €200 with no card
    argos are €230 with no card
    gamestop €200 no card
    Game uk £190 sterling with 16gb card

Am I missing anyone with a better price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Damien360 wrote: »
    decided to take the plunge, registered for play.com but just realised the deal above is only for saver points and cannot be purchased. Tried every which way but it is like a savings club on purchases for play.com

gamestop €200 no card

Its on shopto for 160 sterling
    http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/psvita/PSPHWV114-ps-vita-wifi-tearaway-little-big-planet-16gb-memory-card

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Damien360 wrote: »

gamestop €200 no card

Gamestop have Killzone download code + 8GB card for €170

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Damien360

Gamestop have Killzone download code + 8GB card for €170

Out of stock and I was told not likely to return

6 Disney games with 16gb card seems to be latest multi pack deal for €200 in smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Been thinking of getting a new vita game, toss up between little big planet, killzone or tearaway tomorrow? Any recommendations from those 3

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Finally got my 32GB Vita Memory card from Amozon.co.uk for £39.99. Had ordered it about a month ago when it just went Temporarily out of stock and still is according to the listing. I'm guessing they are working through a backlog of orders if they are sending them out without putting them back up in stock on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Been thinking of getting a new vita game, toss up between little big planet, killzone or tearaway tomorrow? Any recommendations from those 3

I have only played a small part of Tearaway so I can't recommend it yet but I have read a lot of good things about it.

LBP is the best LBP title on any platform. If that is your type of game, go for it.

Killzone is the best FPS on a portable device and well worth it if that is your type of game.

TBH, they are all really good options so it comes down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Xenji wrote: »

Is there any way of knowing if that's the original OLED version?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is there any way of knowing if that's the original OLED version?

The new version is still only available in Japan so it won't be that.

EDIT: Also just checked the link and the one on the box is the regular version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Just bought one 2 days ago and i must say im loving it so much fun.

Playing Sly Raccoon Thieves in Time and Uncharted Golden Abyss atm

Feel free to add me Power1711 if your on vita or in the cork area :D

Look forward to remote play with ps4 can only do it with some ps3 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

It's a lovely little console, had since launch day :D

Just added you:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think its a nice piece of tech but it's games haven't really distinguished it yet, beyond a few titles.
    A PSN+ account is a must though, they have given away most essential games in the system for the price of a single game, only limited by the over priced price of storage media for the system.
    Wipeout is pretty amazing, particularly when you already own Wipeout Hd and Fury on the PS3 and so can download the track packs, for free, for your Vita.
    I find Uncharted to be a pale imitation of the PS3 titles tbh.
    Katamari is good but its the likes of Hotline Miami that makes the format essential, the indie game scene on the Vita is very very good indeed, making the machine a must have.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think its a nice piece of tech but it's games haven't really distinguished it yet, beyond a few titles.
    A PSN+ account is a must though, they have given away most essential games in the system for the price of a single game, only limited by the over priced price of storage media for the system.
    Wipeout is pretty amazing, particularly when you already own Wipeout Hd and Fury on the PS3 and so can download the track packs, for free, for your Vita.
    I find Uncharted to be a pale imitation of the PS3 titles tbh.
    Katamari is good but its the likes of Hotline Miami that makes the format essential, the indie game scene on the Vita is very very good indeed, making the machine a must have.

I'd agree with most of whats been said here tbh.

Get PS+ straight away. Great service.

Wipeout visually is stunning imo. If you want to see what the system is capable of this game shows it off in spades.

Uncharted I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it to be only ok. Dont get me wrong its not bad but its not great.

My two favourite games though so far are Gravity Rush and Little Big Planet Vita.

Gravity Rush gets a lot of bad press for its battle sequences and yes I'd agree it can be infuriating when you speed past an enemy your supposedly locked onto but if you can get past that and play it through it really is a great experience. I probably in the minority but I can not wait for Gravity Rush 2.

LBP Vita I think really utilises the Vitas touch capabilities well without them feeling gimmicky.. yes I'm looking at you uncharted with your wiping the screen every two frickin seconds to clean some pointless dusty item.
    It feels natural and thats the only way it should feel. Personally I think it really makes the game.

Cant wait for Tearaway. Looking at the previews etc it looks like the LBP developers are onto a winner. Roll on this Friday for launch!!

Cant wait for Tearaway. Looking at the previews etc it looks like the LBP developers are onto a winner. Roll on this Friday for launch!!

The reviews are out now and it's looking very good

The reviews are out now and it's looking very good

I was looking a video on youtube this morning about the team behind it. Looks like a cool place to work.

Edit.. .any links to those reviews? I cant see any on youtube. cheers.

I was looking a video on youtube this morning about the team behind it. Looks like a cool place to work.

Edit.. .any links to those reviews? I cant see any on youtube. cheers.

CVG Review
    Eurogamer Review
    IGN Review

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tearaway is getting some cracking reviews so far.

I cannot wait to play it on Friday! :)

Tearaway is getting some cracking reviews so far.

I cannot wait to play it on Friday! :)

Yep, have it preloaded now, can't wait for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah im going to buy Tearaway too. Those games need to be supported more. Sickens me that Activision can make Millions off the same game for years but developers who try, and succeed, to make individual, artistic, Creative games are largely ignored.

I'll do my bit anyway!

Yep, have it preloaded now, can't wait for Friday.
    Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah im going to buy Tearaway too. Those games need to be supported more. Sickens me that Activision can make Millions off the same game for years but developers who try, and succeed, to make individual, artistic, Creative games are largely ignored.

I'll do my bit anyway!

Where have ye preordered?

Online seems to be the cheapest but I couldnt be ar$ed waiting. :D

Where have ye preordered?

got mine on PSN

• Advertisement

got mine on PSN

Yeah I would buy it online but the whole not being able to sell or trade it in just annoys me.

In particular with a game like this where the campaign is only 5 hours.

Dont get me wrong I'm all about quality over quantity but if theres very little replay value I cant see me holding on to the game.

Play and sell more likely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement