Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread - Page 185 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-07-2015, 10:03   #2761
holly_johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
blue Ford Transit having a good look around Summerfield this morning. Only a driver in it. He went into every road within the estate. Seemed odd.
I've seen that van in Springlawn a few times. I think they collect those "charity" bags that they deliver the annoying stickers through your door for.

Last edited by Gaspode; 22-07-2015 at 12:27.
Advertisement
22-07-2015, 11:10   #2762
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
blue Ford Transit having a good look around Summerfield this morning. Only a driver in it. He went into every road within the estate. Seemed odd.
I was in Whitestown last week and I drove in to every road and I was the only driver.

What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Gaspode; 22-07-2015 at 12:27.
22-07-2015, 11:27   #2763
TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't think you're supposed to post reg details.
22-07-2015, 11:33   #2764
Larbre34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris View Post
I was in Whitestown last week and I drove in to every road and I was the only driver.

What did I do wrong?
Ah come on Chuck, someone driving around in that pattern may be doing absolutely nothing wrong, but its exactly the sort of suspicious pattern that the Guards would tell you to watch out for. Cruising side streets and not having any particular business in any of them is remarkable from both a home security and a child protection point of view.

My guess is they might have been looking for those illegal charity clothes collection stickers and bags, that nobody seems to leave out. I've seen it on my own road. Allendale estate have put up their own signs warning vans doing that not to enter, such is the local concern. That might be a bit OTT, but its not unreasonable.
Thanks from:
22-07-2015, 11:38   #2765
VeVeX

Quote:

What did I do wrong?
You weren't driving a transit.
Advertisement
22-07-2015, 12:24   #2766
TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Apple Maps seem to be doing the rounds today so if you see a grey van with some weird looking rigging on the roof drive in and straight back out of your estate don't panic.
(2) thanks from:
22-07-2015, 12:30   #2767
Gaspode
Woof!

No posting reg details - This was clearly stated on the same page that DaveD posted the reg of the blue van. Posting photos of the cars/vans also not a good idea.
(2) thanks from:
22-07-2015, 12:45   #2768
chucknorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Ah come on Chuck, someone driving around in that pattern may be doing absolutely nothing wrong, but its exactly the sort of suspicious pattern that the Guards would tell you to watch out for. Cruising side streets and not having any particular business in any of them is remarkable from both a home security and a child protection point of view.

My guess is they might have been looking for those illegal charity clothes collection stickers and bags, that nobody seems to leave out. I've seen it on my own road. Allendale estate have put up their own signs warning vans doing that not to enter, such is the local concern. That might be a bit OTT, but its not unreasonable.
Cars and vans do drive around every street in an estate when they are looking for a particular street and haven't a notion where they're going or where they have no satnav.

Of course suspicious activity is possible, but there can be innocent enough reasons for it too.

Take the reg, call the guards.

Last edited by chucknorris; 22-07-2015 at 12:46. Reason: typo
Thanks from:
22-07-2015, 13:23   #2769
DaveD

Quote:

What did I do wrong?

To me, this fella was having a good luck in every house, and not just looking for clothes bags. There's been a few break in's lately, i was being vigilant and i suppose trying to warn anyone else in the area to be wary and perhaps report it if they see the same van in their area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
No posting reg details - This was clearly stated on the same page that DaveD posted the reg of the blue van. Posting photos of the cars/vans also not a good idea.
Just curious - but why can't reg numbers & photos be posted?

A reg will assit with identifying a particular vehicle which may be popping up in various estates acting suspiciously.
Advertisement
22-07-2015, 13:45   #2770
Gaspode
Woof!

Because you have no proof that the owners of the vehicle are doing anything illegal. If you suspect illegal activity, bring the details to the gardai and let them investigate. The van could have been on legitimate business for all we know.
Reporting what you saw on this thread is fine, no problems there, but it's enough of a heads up to say that there was a blue van driving around the area the you felt was acting suspiciously.
General ID here, specific ID to the Gardai.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion