Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not getting all the channels on Saorview

Options
  • 01-07-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

I had to buy a new TV recently which has a Saorview tuner, it's the first Saorview tuner I have (normally use $ky). My previous TV had a UK spec digital tuner. After running an autoscan for channels on the Saorview, I find I can't pick up all the channels and the reception on those that I can isn't great. My aerial is on the roof and in the analogue days, I could pick up the UK channels no problem with it (in north Co Dublin). I also could get UK channels on digital originally around the time of the switchover, but they subsequently disappeared after a few months (on my previous TV).

I can get 3e and RTE 2 HD, but not RTE 1. Do I need to get my aerial realigned, or can anyone suggest any other reason why I'm getting so little on Saorview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Use the Saorview coverage checker to find which transmitter is recommended for your location - http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

Since RTÉ1 HD launched on the new frequency (mux) late last year some aerial installs have had problems receiving it, aerial may need realigning to get the best signal from both frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Clermont Carn is the transmitter recommended by the link, Cush, from what I can remember I do get my channels on 52 and 56, all right.

Advertisement