Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freeview/Free Sat Options in Dublin

• 26-02-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just wondering if you have any advice for me, as I'm clueless about this.

I'm currently living in an apartment in Dublin, and have a TV. When we moved in there was a UPC lead, and we connected it to the TV. We were able to pick up E4 and Channel 4 only until last week. This seems to have been disconnected, and we aren't able to pick up anything.

I was wondering what would be our best freeview/freesat option? I had a look on adverts.ie for something we could use to pick up a few channels. To be honest, we aren't at all fussy, so a few channels would be fine, a bit of background noise in the evenings.

We have a friend that also has UPC in their apt, and they are moving out soon, so was wondering when they had UPC disconnected, would their UPC box be of any use even to pick up channels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Just wondering if you have any advice for me, as I'm clueless about this.

I'm currently living in an apartment in Dublin, and have a TV. When we moved in there was a UPC lead, and we connected it to the TV. We were able to pick up E4 and Channel 4 only until last week. This seems to have been disconnected, and we aren't able to pick up anything.

I was wondering what would be our best freeview/freesat option? I had a look on adverts.ie for something we could use to pick up a few channels. To be honest, we aren't at all fussy, so a few channels would be fine, a bit of background noise in the evenings.

We have a friend that also has UPC in their apt, and they are moving out soon, so was wondering when they had UPC disconnected, would their UPC box be of any use even to pick up channels?

Freeview is not available in Dublin, Freesat needs a dish. Saorview needs an aerial. The UPC box your friend is using is not his, it belongs to UPC who will want it back when he disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ComputerLab

winston_1 wrote: »
    Freeview is not available in Dublin, Freesat needs a dish. Saorview needs an aerial. The UPC box your friend is using is not his, it belongs to UPC who will want it back when he disconnects.

Freeview is available in some higher altitude areas when using big external antennas.

Advertisement