Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple loyalty - quick pole

Options
  • 13-03-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just a quick pole for my final year project.

Only answer if you have an Apple device, any device at all (mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop etc)

Would you remain loyal to Apple?

Scenario is you need a new device for whatever reason, would you definitely buy another Apple, regardless of whats out there, assuming nothing mind blowing has appeared (eg a phone that reads your mind)

Would you remain loyal to Apple

This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

no ...simply because I'm annoyed by apple - in recent years the innovation has died, they are re-releasing products with minor modifications.

even the adverts dont seem to be as clever.

I currently do own many apple products and love the functionality - but annoyed with customer service - had an issue with my phone but because I didnt call straight away and brought it into a shop the time had elapsed and it was 2 days over the 12months since purchase ...so they said not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I'm a major Apple fan and would completely agree with you. One thing that really annoys me is the brand loyalty through necessity that everyone gets sucked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

And how it that Apple's fault?
    If you have bothered to ring on time you'd have been covered.

I'd basically switch to the best phone that suits me..
    I switched from the iphone 4 to the S3 but wasn't happy with it and upgraded to the iphone 5 which I'm extremely happy with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

alexlyons wrote: »
    Only answer if you have an Apple device
    Would you remain loyal to Apple?
    Scenario is you need a new device for whatever reason, would you definitely buy another samsung
    I'm confused.

Are you asking in a really convoluted way would people who have Apple devices buy any other Apple product? Do you mean only Apple products? Because it's possible to embrace more than one brand.

Methinks you're really asking would people buy Apple no matter what - as otherwise the answer would always be "it depends on the product".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

moved from apple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Blazer wrote: »
    And how it that Apple's fault?
    If you have bothered to ring on time you'd have been covered.

I'd basically switch to the best phone that suits me..
    I switched from the iphone 4 to the S3 but wasn't happy with it and upgraded to the iphone 5 which I'm extremely happy with.

the error was an intermittent fault and unfortunately for me I work 6 days a week, so when I eventually got time to goto a shop (which was close to christmas), I was told I have to contact Apple directly, which I did and as a result they told me I was 2 days over the 12month guarantee ...there was no flexibility offered. (which annoyed me)

I also purchased a 3K macbook last october and within a few weeks I was noticed dead pixels, contacted apple - they said bring it into an authorised agent and they would replace my laptop while mine is being repaired - managed to get into a shop and they said I would have to leave the laptop with them for a week or so, which means I have the option of not being able to work for a week or so or purchase another laptop and additional software and licences (which costs several thousand euro).

Apple used to have a fantastic customer service - I've been an apple customer for around 15yrs and if I had issues in the past they would have a replacement product sent to me within 24/36hours....nowadays the chances of receiving a product with issues is a lot bigger....and with the customer service not being as good as it used to be ...apple are no more than a better looking (and more expensive) product.

I have had many products from apple and as I said before I love their functionality ...but they are based off a linux system ....and these are less likely to get a virus than a mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Dades wrote: »
    I'm confused.

Are you asking in a really convoluted way would people who have Apple devices buy any other Apple product? Do you mean only Apple products? Because it's possible to embrace more than one brand.

Methinks you're really asking would people buy Apple no matter what - as otherwise the answer would always be "it depends on the product".

my bad, typo there with samsung.

Im asking would you replace an apple device with another apple device. obviously i understand that if you have an iphone but no tablet, plenty of people may buy a samsung tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I'll probably keep buying the apple stuff 'cause they're nice, they're easy to use and if you have a few apple devices (MacBook pro's, iPhones, iPad, Apple TV, time capsule) they work so well together you won't want to ruin the easy operation by buying a non apple device.
    I'm referring to syncing, icloud, photostream airplay and stuff like that, you can do it with other devices but the apple stuff just works with minimum setup.
    Apple needs to keep up though, I'm not tempted when it comes to replacing my MacBook or iPad but phone wise they're starting to fall behind. I would like to see all the stuff the new galaxy S4 has and more on the next iPhone, but then again if it only comes close I'll likely still buy it...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement