Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    they must have change price since launch day

launch day was €52.99

It was €56.99 in a couple of the HMV's I'd been in, including on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Just started the download of the update half way done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

It was €56.99 in a couple of the HMV's I'd been in, including on launch day.

dont forget the €5 discount vouchers on any item in the store €50 + ,

you still get when them when spend €1 or more

amazon uk
    wii u games

New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U Order in the next 19 hours to get it by Tuesday, Dec 4.
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery and 1 more promotion
    4.2 out of 5 stars
    (5)
    £42.00 = €51.85

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 7 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U Order in the next 21 hours to get it by Tuesday, Dec 4.
    4 out of 5 stars
    (1)
    £29.99 = €37.99

Sports Connection (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

1 out of 5 stars
    (1)
    £32.99 = €40.70

Nintendo Land (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 7 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

4.3 out of 5 stars
    (4)
    £39.99 = €49.34

Family Party : 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 7 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

£22.99 = €28.36

The Avengers: Battle For Earth (Nintendo Wii U) - Nintendo Wii U
    Platforms Price New

Nintendo Wii U Available for pre-order
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery and 2 more promotions
    £32.99
    = €40.70

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black (2012) - Nintendo Wii U
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U
    Only 10 left in stock - order soon.
    4.5 out of 5 stars
    (22)
    £444.95 RPP = €548.99
    £299.00 now = €368.91

ZombiU (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 18 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

3.6 out of 5 stars
    (7)
    £43.99 = €54.27
    Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Unknown)
    Platforms Price New Used

4 out of 5 stars
    (1)
    £39.97 = €49.32

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 7 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

£24.99 = €30.83

Assassin's Creed 3 (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 18 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

5 out of 5 stars
    (1)
    £43.99 = €54.28

Just Dance 4 (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U
    Platforms Price New Used

£32.99 = €40.70

Disney Epic Mickey 2: the Power of Two (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

£34.99 = €43.17

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 18 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

£42.97 = €53.02

James Bond: 007 Legends (Nintendo Wii U) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Unknown)
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U Available for pre-order
    £38.99 = €48.11

Rabbids Land (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - Nintendo Wii U
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U Order in the next 20 hours to get it by Tuesday, Dec 4.
    £32.99 = €40.70

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Limited Edition (Nintendo Wii U) - Nintendo Wii U (PEGI Rating: Ages 18 and Over)
    Platforms Price New Used

Nintendo Wii U
    £49.99 = €61.68

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Oh my God, Wampy - stop with the copy-and-paste already!

• Advertisement

Oh my God, Wampy - stop with the copy-and-paste already!

im not good typist and it would take me hours to types that much text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

But it's Just... Too.. Much...
    We can check amazon for prices ourselves tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭granturismo

Anyone know how much blops 2 is in Smyths for wii u?? Can't find it on their site..

See post #1570 for an extensive price list.

See post #1570 for an extensive price list.

black ops 2

€59.99 from smyths

http://www.toys.ie/-!125630-prd.aspx

gamestop is out of stock of wii u now according to website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

My brother and I had a preorder down for HMV Grafton St but got a call on thursday that the store only got 30 consoles in and that we weren't that high on the list. Getting a bit worried now...

after all mine(and others) complaining about HMV in the last week or two i have to say i was happy enough with the way they dealt with everything in the end and the experience i had in the shop. though there was one thing which came close to spoiling my experience. i went to buy nintendo land all the games boxes were down stairs so while i had just bought the console upstairs. i brought it up to the til downstairs. they sent me upstairs as the game was not in the box, fair enough the games are kept upstairs, i went upstairs up to the til and the guy goes looking for it for a minute and came back to me as he couldn't see it and i had to cut him off mid sentence when he was just in the middle of trying to send me back down stairs and said they just sent me up here. he found it eventually and everything was grand but it was the speed at which he was going to send me back down stairs after barely looking that could have ended up spoiling it. i might add i was in a rush to catch a bus that if i had missed i would have had to wait 2 hours which is why this slightly annoyed me.

didnt get a chance to play until last night but enjoyed what i had played of zombiU. the update probably took an hour in total(download and install) for me and it also crashed half way through but i put this down to the wiiU servers being in their infancy. more worrying for me is the talk that its not just the updates to the console that can brick it. apparently if you switch of during downloads and installing games(and demos) that it can also brick it.

lastly was disapointted to see the limited number of uses for demos on here too. 10 uses of the fifa 13 demos seems miserly especially if you share the wiiu as it looks as though its 10 uses altogether and not just per user. if they want to limit the number of plays of a demo fine but 10 just seems a little too few. 10 - 20 more would suffice

magnumbud wrote: »
    lastly was disapointted to see the limited number of uses for demos on here too. 10 uses of the fifa 13 demos seems miserly especially if you share the wiiu as it looks as though its 10 uses altogether and not just per user. if they want to limit the number of plays of a demo fine but 10 just seems a little too few. 10 - 20 more would suffice

correcting myself on this i see that its down to the developers/publishers how many uses a demo can have not ninty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

My brother and I had a preorder down for HMV Grafton St but got a call on thursday that the store only got 30 consoles in and that we weren't that high on the list. Getting a bit worried now...

They had Zombiu bundles on the day for sale on launch day. I was asked to see if I could get one as a present for someone, and I got one. They also has the basic model as well. The only model they didn't have any of left was the regular premium. You should have been able to get either the Zombiu bundle or the basic from there.

• my 199 wii u arrived nintendoland was in the box . thanks god wow the gamepad so light

sigh back in the box for christmas day

I was disapointted that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U never arrive on launch day like its suppose to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I was disapointted that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U never arrive on launch day like its suppose to

Splinter Cell was never supposed to arrive on launch day. It's not out until Spring on any console.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Splinter Cell was never supposed to arrive on launch day. It's not out until Spring on any console.

i saw display box for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U at gamestop

i saw display box for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U at gamestop

They have them for GTA V for the 360 and PS3 as well but there's no definite release date yet. Just because they have display cases out doesn't mean it's out soon.

They have them for GTA V for the 360 and PS3 as well but there's no definite release date yet. Just because they have display cases out doesn't mean it's out soon.

i also saw reviewed for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U at gamestop supposing comes arrives as same-day as wii u according to Official Nintendo Magazine last months one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

i also saw reviewed for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo Wii U) and Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U at gamestop supposing comes arrives as same-day as wii u according to Official Nintendo Magazine last months one

Did you even read the article?

Ninja Gaiden was a day one US release - UK in January.
    Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge is a Wii U launch game in the US but UK fans will have to wait until January to get their hands on what is the bloodiest Wii U game. Yep, Nintendo confirmed a 11 January release date for Tecmo Koei's hack n slasher.

No mention of the Splinter Cell game in your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Read on ign I think that wii u bosses reckon we will get gta 5 as well!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Read on ign I think that wii u bosses reckon we will get gta 5 as well!!

GTA V is definitely coming to WiiU, was supposed to be a launch title when it was first announced - ages ago.

EDIT: Can't find info/link, I do remember it being announced somewhere.

why cant i get nintendo tvii to work

why cant i get nintendo tvii to work

It's not available here yet.

It's not available here yet.

when it will be available

when it will be available

Sometime in 2013; it's not decided yet

F1ngers wrote: »
    GTA V is definitely coming to WiiU, was supposed to be a launch title when it was first announced - ages ago.

EDIT: Can't find info/link, I do remember it being announced somewhere.

it was never announced only rumored to be one. it hasn't yet been announced it actually will be coming to the WiiU but Reggie and some top guy in rockstar hinted at it a couple of weeks ago. if it is i would be surprised if it was coming out in may like everyone else cause that only leaves 5-6 months for a port to be done(assuming they have started) and rockstar are perfectionist if it is any way lesser than the other versions they will delay it for another bit. they have only said so far that they would consider putting it on the WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

For anyone still looking for one. GameStop Parkway had a couple of consoles left as of yesterday and HMV Cruises Street also had a few consoles which were preorders which had not been taken up and were put back on general sale.
    I"m sure this is true of other branches as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So yesterday I was in town with a mate, I was all like, feck it I'm buying the Zombiu package today if I find one. So in the evening time, decided to go into HMV on Henry st, asked about the ZombiU package, girl says, you're in luck, we have one pre-order that was just cancelled, so I started to panic! took to long to say yes and my mate jumped in and said he would take it! The bastard! lol.

Anyway after he bought it, he walked everywere around Dublin with me to find that every shop has them in the stock rooms, but none can be sold as all of them are pre-orders and no one is collecting them, in Smyths, HMV, Gamestop etc. ANNOYING!!!!!

HMV even said to me, if i wanted to put my name down for one it will be a deposit of €100 up front! Feck that!

So I went home disappointed, my mate super excited but trying to hide it, poor guy, i didnt mind, I shouldn't have fapped while in HMV at the start.

So this morning at 5.30am (I couldnt sleep), I went onto Amazon.co.uk and ordered the Nintendo Land Premium Pack with MarioU and ZombiU, YAY!!!! They are back in stock there. Worked out at €545 including that super fast postage.

Hopefully I get it by this Friday

Happy.

Advertisement