Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transferring

• 22-12-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi i was wondering is it very difficult to change your course in colleges in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Well here in derry i was doing computer science and had done the foundation degree as a qualification to get into an honours degree course. After the foundation year i decided i wanted to do psychology and about 30 mins after the interview (having been told beforehand that there was only a glimmer of a chance of changing to psychology) i got a call offering me the place and i am halfway through 2nd year have not looked back since :)

In short no matter where you are, if you are unhappy in a course change it there is no point spending 3-4 years of your life in something that will make you unhappy and potentially a career that will make you unhappy too

All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Changing course within the same college is relatively easy, switching between colleges is more complicated but not impossible.

If the move is internal speak to your studies advisor/course director/faculty office about the possibilities. If you want to transfer to another university contact their admissions department and explain your situation, they'll point you in the right direction.

Advertisement