Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaisce personal skill?

• 05-10-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

So, I'm trying to decide on my personal skill for the bronze award, but there's a problem. We've been told that its getting stricter and family members can't sign off on your skill. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm interested in maybe learning cooking/baking and I don't know who could prove what I've done unless I go to classes, and I've already paid for enough stuff for ty. Could anyone advise me on what to do, what kind of activities could I do at home that someone (not family) could say I've actually done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

We got a list of suggestions from a teacher, I'll just list those that fit your situation

Taking part in a School musical
    Learning to play bridge(card game)
    Chess
    Computers (my friend is actually found a free coding course on a website which he's doing, not sure what website though.
    School debating team
    Learn to drive?
    Knitting?
    Musical instrument (ongoing or brand new)
    Painting/photography
    Sewing/cross stitch
    Basic carpentry?

I know these might not suit but they're just from a list of suggestions we we're given

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Just some examples of personal skills:

Acting/ Musical
    Arts and Crafts
    Bridge
    Calligraphy
    Chess
    Coder Dojo
    Computers
    Cooking/baking
    Dance Classes
    Debating team
    Djing
    Fashion Design
    Film Editing (for links contact the IFI)
    First Aid
    Foreign Language (must be extra-curricular)
    Jewellery making
    Knitting
    Life Saving
    Literacy
    Metalwork
    Musical Instrument (ongoing or new)
    Painting
    Photography
    Public Speaking
    Script Writing
    Sewing/Cross stitch
    Sign Language
    Singing Lessons
    Web Design
    Woodwork

Basically it is you learning/developing something new.

Best of luck! :)

Advertisement