Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE DJ suspended according to this mornings paper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bbability wrote: »

Wasn't it posted here a few weeks back?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Trev De rev

For what? What even is a mixing table!?

Something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For what? What even is a mixing table!?

mixing%20board.jpg

on a table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

I have heard from an inside source that disciplinary hearings are ongoing. Take what you want from that, but just remember that "a defamatory statement concerns a person if it could reasonably be understood as referring to him or her" and it is important not to make any prejudicial statements on a public forum, as I am sure the mods will concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I have heard from an inside source that disciplinary hearings are ongoing. Take what you want from that, but just remember that "a defamatory statement concerns a person if it could reasonably be understood as referring to him or her" and it is important not to make any prejudicial statements on a public forum, as I am sure the mods will concur.

How would it be defamatory ton ame the person that is undergoing disciplinary hearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 manicdeejay

How would it be defamatory ton ame the person that is undergoing disciplinary hearing?

Exactly. Disciplinary action is taken after the offense has been proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I saw a report saying 'the man was told..blah blah'.

So very simply, anyone who listens to radio a lot, who has dropped off from their gig in the last week or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is the radio forum full of new people who appear out of nowhere and then vanish? :D

Radiowaves used to be the insiders chat room didn't it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manicdeejay

Exactly. Disciplinary action is taken after the offense has been proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I saw a report saying 'the man was told..blah blah'.

So very simply, anyone who listens to radio a lot, who has dropped off from their gig in the last week or so?

Rte presenters have so many holidays it would be hard to tell the difference.

• Advertisement

I dunno. I imagine he makes more than enough money not to warrant selling stolen DJ equipment. :P Perhaps though....

This is like a game of Cluedo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Nobody should be named as there's an on going Garda investigation and likely legal proceedings.

You'll hear all about it as soon as that kicks off.

OK. Well it is a man who has worked 'with for RTE for more than a decade' and 'lives in a plush apartment complex'. Yeah, it could be the person we are thinking alright :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

By the way just because there is a disciplinary hearing happening doesn't mean that the person will be disciplined. Most HR functions would conduct an investigation and if they feel it MAY warrant disciplinary action will forward it to a neutral manager who will then conduct a disciplinary.

Although it's unlikely in practice, there is a possibility that the person in question won't be sanctioned therefore that is most likely why the person hasn't been named.

If it's a criminal matter which another poster indicated then the person also can't be named.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

On DoneDeal? I'm shocked! Shocked!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Radiotoday's had to close comments on the article as there were people dropping hints (which is not a protection against libel, as Sally Bercow found out in the UK where their laws are less restrictive)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

The comments on the article are linked to their FB page though where said comments can still be seen

My source told me that he has considerable support from management and that there were "personal factors" which contributed to this support. My source also added that "it's not the first time valuable equipment has went missing from Montrose".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I hope it's that cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    I hope it's that cnut.

Who?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Let's see if crime correspondent/wannabe guard Paul Reynolds will leak the details of this like he did in the water protestors cases a few weeks back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Who?

Just messing.

Let's see if crime correspondent/wannabe guard Paul Reynolds will leak the details of this like he did in the water protestors cases a few weeks back!

Apparently everyone in RTE is gossiping about it so I'd imagine any South Dublin Taxi driver will know who it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Ha. I saw your user name and I just knew you'd manage to somehow have an Irish Water angle.

Well played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Phoebas wrote: »
    Ha. I saw your user name and I just knew you'd manage to somehow have an Irish Water angle.

Well played.

I saw your name and I thought something else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement