Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

belmo wrote: »
    Took a good 5-10 mins to configure itself when i plugged it in at first.

How ?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Originally Posted by NeVeR viewpost.gif
    Lads i just got this today for an upgrade but i can't get it working.

All the lights on the front are on.. But the wireless and Ethernet won't work.

I have a wireless router connected so i can have wifi.. and it shows up as an option.. and i ented the password that comes with it.. and it connects.. but there's no connection to the net.

What am I doing wrong ?

I had a similar problem, all lights on, but noticed phone lights not active.
    Did not even light up during self test.
    Reconnected original modem, broadband and phone still working.
    Decided to ring them, and spoke to self install support - change had not been put through on upc system.
    Left it on old modem until lights went out (within 45mins), then replaced with new modem/router. Phone came back online after about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

I upgraded 10 days ago from 25-50M, got this modem and initially all seemed to go well - my speed went up to 50Mb almost straight away and I was a happy camper...but then the problems started.

I use powerline adaptors around the house and up to now these have worked fine, I have one "transmitter"connected directly to the UPC router, and 3 "receivers" around the house. After the upgrade i can now only use one device that is connected to a powerline adaptor "receiver" at a time. Hope this makes sense!! Its driving me mental as i have sat boxes that are now useless..i have no wireless network or any other kind of devices, just the upc router. All this worked before the upgrade. I'm thinking there must be some setting on the new router that i need to change?? Not great with the network stuff but i do understand DHCP and IP adressing - for what its worth, 1 sat box always works, the other 2 dont - 1 of these gets an ip address over DHCP but cant connect to the net, the other one doesnt even get an ip address.

Lot of info there i know but any help with really be appreciated!
    dk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

NeVeR wrote: »
    Lads i just got this today for an upgrade but i can't get it working.

All the lights on the front are on.. But the wireless and Ethernet won't work.

I have a wireless router connected so i can have wifi.. and it shows up as an option.. and i ented the password that comes with it.. and it connects.. but there's no connection to the net.

What am I doing wrong ?

I had to ring them as my old modems mac address was still registered to my account,instead of the new one

suirthing wrote: »
    I upgraded 10 days ago from 25-50M, got this modem and initially all seemed to go well - my speed went up to 50Mb almost straight away and I was a happy camper...but then the problems started.

I use powerline adaptors around the house and up to now these have worked fine, I have one "transmitter"connected directly to the UPC router, and 3 "receivers" around the house. After the upgrade i can now only use one device that is connected to a powerline adaptor "receiver" at a time. Hope this makes sense!! Its driving me mental as i have sat boxes that are now useless..i have no wireless network or any other kind of devices, just the upc router. All this worked before the upgrade. I'm thinking there must be some setting on the new router that i need to change?? Not great with the network stuff but i do understand DHCP and IP adressing - for what its worth, 1 sat box always works, the other 2 dont - 1 of these gets an ip address over DHCP but cant connect to the net, the other one doesnt even get an ip address.

Lot of info there i know but any help with really be appreciated!
    dk

Dont use powerline adaptors but do use sat boxes, had to disable dhcp on the boxes and use static ips instead,pain in the arse

• Advertisement

Same as myself - have always used static addresses for sat boxes, media players, tv etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

Thanks lads, i changed the 2 boxes that wouldnt work to static ip and left the working one alone and bingo all working at the minute, hopefully will stay working now, thanks again for the help, dk

suirthing wrote: »
    Thanks lads, i changed the 2 boxes that wouldnt work to static ip and left the working one alone and bingo all working at the minute, hopefully will stay working now, thanks again for the help, dk

Thats great m8,

I much prefered leaving them on dhcp and assigning them static ips through my old router but even thats too hard for this new modem/router

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Is there any way to change the wireless passwords on this? I can't see where to do it? Thanks :-)

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Is there any way to change the wireless passwords on this? I can't see where to do it? Thanks :-)

Can it not be done from

Wireless-Security tab?

Dont want to change mine as if it works I will then have to run around changing it on the rest of my networked devices lol

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Can it not be done from

Wireless-Security tab?

Dont want to change mine as if it works I will then have to run around changing it on the rest of my networked devices lol

I don't think so? I didn't see anywhere to change it there. Its my girlfriends modem i have a different upc modem to hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I don't think so? I didn't see anywhere to change it there. Its my girlfriends modem i have a different upc modem to hers.

You are kidding right? You cant change the wireless password? Why are UPC breaking these modems?

Originally Posted by AntiVirus viewpost.gif
    mcbert wrote: »
    You are kidding right? You cant change the wireless password? Why are UPC breaking these modems?

Did you try

Wireless->Security->Passphrase->Retype Passphrase->Save

Its available in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Did you try

Wireless->Security->Passphrase->Retype Passphrase->Save

Its available in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz

I think the edit box was disabled/greyed out but I'll have another look on Saturday and see if is it or not. I'll post back and let you know how I get on and thanks for your help :)

mcbert wrote: »

Its not greyed out here m8,I have just deleted the my passphrase for picture purposes

Capture_zps65bad2e2.png

I remember that page alright but I'm sure it was greyed out for me? I'll login when I'm over at her place tomorrow and check again. I'll post back a screenshot of what I get. Thanks for the screenshot wiz569 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobstefanio

Just got this modem new install in cork. Connected it up took about 2 hours to get connected to the internet after this it was on and off internet access cant connect to any games or servers other than basic internet pages restarting the modem takes about 20 minutes to get internet access again. Called UPC this morning advised they will send an engineer to swap out for a Cisco modem because gamers and the likes have had issues using this modem with game clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

What's the wifi range like on it? Is it as bad as the 3925?

Hi, I forgot to post back an update. Well I was able to change the password but I'm 99% positive that it was greyed out the last time? :confused: I must have had a brain fart last time...

Anyway thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got one of these with our new bundle last week. Haven't really had time to mess about with it until tonight when I realised it won't let me log into it via '192.168.0.1'. I get to the login screen but it won't accept the username and p/w. Have tried the 2.4 and 5Ghz options as well as leaving it blank. Anyone recommend any other combos to try before I subject myself to the hell that is UPC phone support tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Got one of these with our new bundle last week. Haven't really had time to mess about with it until tonight when I realised it won't let me log into it via '192.168.0.1'. I get to the login screen but it won't accept the username and p/w. Have tried the 2.4 and 5Ghz options as well as leaving it blank. Anyone recommend any other combos to try before I subject myself to the hell that is UPC phone support tomorrow?

username/password is admin/admin for TC7200
    Cannot remember default router address but you can login on its public address 192.168.100.1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Nice one I thought I tried admin/admin but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Got UPC Technicolour router delivered today.

Have it connected and the DS light has been flashing but not getting any further. Have been onto UPC twice. On the first call they told me they hadnt activated router, gave them CM MAC, was told it'd be good to go in 30 or so mins. Tried again but got no further. Called UPC again and was told I had the splitter set up the wrong way around (Had it as per the installation diagram but anyway). Have switched this around again but still getting no further. Have turned modem on and off etc.

Don't fancy spending the evening after work calling them again. Any suggestions? Got TV as well and thats working fine.

Only suggestion at this time (after you are fed up watching tv) would be to remove splitter altogether and connect modem to outlet directly, and leave overnight. If its not live in the morning, then get onto them again, explaining what you have done ie: its not the splitter, please activate my service....
    Had to ring myself and guy told me it should be live in about 30mins, and sure enough it was, so process does work.
    If getting nowhere post in the upc forum, and then pm the upc reps with your account number, and a link to the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Only suggestion at this time (after you are fed up watching tv) would be to remove splitter altogether and connect modem to outlet directly, and leave overnight. If its not live in the morning, then get onto them again, explaining what you have done ie: its not the splitter, please activate my service....
    Had to ring myself and guy told me it should be live in about 30mins, and sure enough it was, so process does work.
    If getting nowhere post in the upc forum, and then pm the upc reps with your account number, and a link to the post.

Wasnt working this morning but is now so happy days. Paying for 25meg as its all that available in our apartment, but getting 30 so thats plenty.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Was talked into getting the faster 50MB broadband and received one of these modems. Not happy at the moment as I never reach more than 20MB using WIFI and its reach is very poor (less than 2MB when I'm upstairs).

Any tips on how to improve this? Change the frequencies?

If I can't fix it I'm going to demand I get my 30MB broadband back with the Cisco modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PatDee

I've just spent 40 mins on the self install line with UPC approved agent to ask a question does this router support Dynamic DNS & Remote Management (as UPC themselves couldn't answer it) and guess what...???? They don't know either!!!! So I've managed to find a manual on line and it doesn't. Guess these routers are as basic as the come.......wouldn't wait for a firmware update either.....

It's offical
    UPC are Muppet's!

That's the reason why we need to have the Bridge Mode option enabled.:(

That's the reason why we need to have the Bridge Mode option enabled.:(

Yep. I could forgive all this router's issues if it just had bridge mode!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Most people just need it as a modem.

UPC could reduce a considerable amount of their support issues if the just had it as a modem. Leave people with their existing WiFi Routers and let the router support teams handle support of the wifi/router side of it.

Advertisement