Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Als Beef or chicken coupon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

just as an aside and maybe to lighten the thread
    ... IMHO the mini goujons on offer at the moment are far nicer than the tenders! €1 for approx 8 in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

CH3OH wrote: »
    just as an aside and maybe to lighten the thread
    ... IMHO the mini goujons on offer at the moment are far nicer than the tenders! €1 for approx 8 in the bag

Just on that, there are only a few products worth getting . tenders have the highest chicken content, Some of that other stuff is absolute rubbish.

And there are a few good 100% beef burgers(check the back of the packs to find out how much beef is actually in them) not to be confused with the packaging that reads 100% irish beef, from big als

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Big Al's Chicken Goujons 400g now reduced from 5.99 to 2.99, so 1.99 with the coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Frowzy wrote: »
    Big Al's Chicken Goujons 400g now reduced from 5.99 to 2.99, so 1.99 with the coupon.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Where?

Sorry...... In Tesco!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

If you are using your big Al's coupon in Tesco's and spend more than €5, dont forget to use the voucher in the Price news magazine or on flyers in the store for €1 off a €5 spend on Frozen food.

2 bags of Goujons x 2.99 each less 2 x €1 Big Al's Voucher, Less 1 x €1 Tesco Frozen Food Voucher = €2.98 for two bags which would cost €11.98 at regular (inflated) price.

The Tesco vouchers expire on Sunday 29th July - so be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    And there are a few good 100% beef burgers(check the back of the packs to find out how much beef is actually in them) not to be confused with the packaging that reads 100% irish beef, from big als

Tescos have Big als Quarter Pounder 4 packs reduced from 3.99 to 1.99 at the moment. They also have a €1 off coupon in their in store price news if you spend €5 on frozen food

3 packs at €1.99 = €5.97
    less tesco coupon -€1
    less big als coupons -€3
    Works out at €1.97 for 12 100% Beef Quarter Pounders - or 16c a burger :D

donnacha wrote: »
    Tescos have Big als Quarter Pounder 4 packs reduced from 3.99 to 1.99 at the moment. They also have a €1 off coupon in their in store price news if you spend €5 on frozen food

3 packs at €1.99 = €5.97
    less tesco coupon -€1
    less big als coupons -€3
    Works out at €1.97 for 12 100% Beef Quarter Pounders - or 16c a burger :D

Are they the "summer quarter pounder" if so they are only 80% beef

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

hi guys,

Im am going to do this for the very first time today. I am really nervous, I feel bad or something, can I use these coupons at the self service tills?

DONT BE... Seriously after you do it you'll not look back, and you'll wonder why you never done it before...and my advice is go to a manned check out... less hastle in the end

• Advertisement

ok thank you xx Manned check out it is! My niece's birthday party is coming up so it would be great to arrive to my sisters freezer today armed with food. I've nine of each voucher printed, the barcode is the same is this ok?

Yeah that fine, and if you see the instore leaflet, use them also...check out Donnacha Post above

I will look for it thanks :)

Are they the "summer quarter pounder" if so they are only 80% beef
    Nope they are the regular ones which I'm pretty sure are 100% - see their website:
    http://www.bigals.ie/Products/Big-Als-Quarter-Pounder.135.1.1.3.aspx

Updated: Beef Meat (100%). Origin Ireland.

smilerxxx wrote: »
    hi guys,

Im am going to do this for the very first time today. I am really nervous, I feel bad or something, can I use these coupons at the self service tills?
    DONT BE... Seriously after you do it you'll not look back, and you'll wonder why you never done it before...and my advice is go to a manned check out... less hastle in the end
    ok thank you xx Manned check out it is! My niece's birthday party is coming up so it would be great to arrive to my sisters freezer today armed with food. I've nine of each voucher printed, the barcode is the same is this ok?
    Yeah that fine, and if you see the instore leaflet, use them also...check out Donnacha Post above

Good luck with it. If you are buying 9 packs you have the option of picking up 3 of the instore leaflets for that €1 off coupon. Just remember you can only use the instore coupon once per transaction. There is no limit on the amount of big als you can use per transaction provided you only redeem one per pack of big als. Happy saving!

donnacha wrote: »
    Nope they are the regular ones which I'm pretty sure are 100% - see their website:
    http://www.bigals.ie/Products/Big-Als-Quarter-Pounder.135.1.1.3.aspx

Updated: Beef Meat (100%). Origin Ireland.

They showing up as 3.89 online... Wonder is it store specific?

Ok I'm back :-)

The burgers marked at 1.99 were the special edition quarter pounders only 2 in them but I was happy with those.

First round bought
    2* chicken goujons @ 2.99 used 2 vouchers and Tesco's e1 off total 2.98

3* special edition burgers @ 1.99 used 3 vouchers and Tesco e1 off total 1.97

2* chicken tenders @2 and 1*special edition burgers @1.99 used 3 vouchers and 1 Tesco e1 off total 1.99

I did the transactions separately to make sure I went over the 5 EURO Tesco condition because I didn't know if they'd take more than one in a transaction.

SO I think that was a total of 6.96 I was gobsmacked, so much so, I went and did it all again :-)

Ps I also got my clearasil face wash normally 3.99 for 1.99 with the coupon on another thread

They showing up as 3.89 online... Wonder is it store specific?
    Ok I'm back :-)

The burgers marked at 1.99 were the special edition quarter pounders only 2 in them but I was happy with those.

well done smilerxxx.

I hadn't been in-store myself but had spotted the quarter pounders on pg 11 of the price news http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/
    It looks like they've used the wrong logo/name of product in the magazine as the weight is stated as 267g whereas the 4 quarter pounders are 454g.

Thank you,

Ya I checked the weight so I knew it couldn't be the 400g one. Plus the special edition were the only ones with price reduction sales sticker.

WE'll still get some food from the butchers for the party but this will definitely help bulk out the amount Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

I went to Tesco's in Lucan last night and got this deal. They had loads of the price news magazines at the entrance.

The big al's burgers on special aren't the ones in the magazine - they're the special edition burgers, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Does anyone know where these burgers are on special at the moment?

I'm hosting a BBQ for 60 people next weekend and would love to get a bargain on big ALS instead of giving my guests the cheapo petrol burgers :pac:!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Big Als 4 pack on in Tesco for 2.50 or 1.50 with coupon, and if you buy 2 at a time you can use your coupons and the tesco one and get two packets for 2 euros, I did this yesterday and bought 12 packets

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Big Als 4 pack on in Tesco for 2.50 or 1.50 with coupon, and if you buy 2 at a time you can use your coupons and the tesco one and get two packets for 2 euros, I did this yesterday and bought 12 packets

Wow, thanks for that. Did the cashier take the coupons without any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi,

Stocked up with both vouchers, not a problem using the Big als and the Tesco ones,

What are we going to do when they expire at the end of the month! LOL

Advertisement