Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Als Beef or chicken coupon

• 23-05-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

€1 off Big al's beef range

€1 off big als Chicken range

COUPONS IN ATTCHMENTS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Fantastic, was hoping hte burger one would come back

now can someone:rolleyes: put more than one on an attachemnt? pretty please...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Fantastic, was hoping hte burger one would come back

now can someone:rolleyes: put more than one on an attachemnt? pretty please...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Does anyone else has problem printing Chicken on in normal quality? Mine are very badly readable when printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Brilliant thanks :)

I onder if Lidl will accept the Big Al coupons on Saturday? as they have 2 packs of the beef burgers for E5 on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

I onder if Lidl will accept the Big Al coupons on Saturday? as they have 2 packs of the beef burgers for E5 on Saturday

those same 4 packs of beef burgers are already reduced to €2.50 in Dunnes - picked up a pack yesterday ;)

thanks donnacha, i find it so annoying that Dunnes are not online for pricing, if they were i would do more shopping there (with the coupons of course:D)

thanks donnacha, i find it so annoying that Dunnes are not online for pricing, if they were i would do more shopping there (with the coupons of course:D)

Well I know someone who knows someone and supposedly they are working on updating the website and come autumn you'll be able to get it. I still don't get why they can't distribute it electronically seeing as they have to send it to the printers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

The big als on offer in lidl for €2.50 are their regular sized 100% beef burgers.
    The ones i saw in tesco & dunnes for €2.50 yesterday are 'barbecue' quarter pounders containing only 78% beef if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

In Tesco - Big Al's Crispy Chicken 2 pack (190g) are half price, reduced from €3.49 to €1.74. Using the €1 off chicken voucher these work out at just 74 cents a pack.

Per 100g for chicken this works out cheaper at 38 cents than the bag of chicken goujons 400g (2.99 - 1 voucher = 1.99) which works out at 50 cents per 100g.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

big al chicken tenders in dunnes at 2e so only a euro with coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Tesco

Limited edition quarter pounders .99c with coupon

Southern fried goujons 1.99 with coupon

4 chicken grills 2.00 with coupon

ladypip wrote: »
    Tesco

Limited edition quarter pounders .99c with coupon

Southern fried goujons 1.99 with coupon

4 chicken grills 2.00 with coupon

Dunnes have:
    Ltd Edition Quarter Pounders on offer at €1.99 so 99c with coupon.
    Chicken Tenders reduced to €2.00 so €1.00 with coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Big Al's chicken burgers 4 pack only €1.49 in Tescos and with coupon males them 49c, bought 4 today my go back tomorrow for more

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Must tell himself to pick up a few packets on the way home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bagels wrote: »
    The ones i saw in tesco & dunnes for €2.50 yesterday are 'barbecue' quarter pounders containing only 78% beef if i remember correctly.
    Thats sneaky if it is, the picture of the BBQ ones on the voucher says made with "made with 100% Irish beef". Many people glance at these and read "made with 100% beef", sticking the Irish in means it could only contain 1% beef, which is Irish. Bulmers do similar trickery with their 100% pear juice adverts, while the drink is mainly composed of sugar & water.

The pack also says "quick cook from frozen", I wonder if htey made them more airy to cook faster or something.

Anyway back on topic this is a cut & paste of some big al prices from tesco

Big Al's Mini Chicken Goujons 210G
    Special OfferSAVE 99c Was 2.99 Now 2.00 valid from 2/7/2012 until 23/7/2012
    o Rest of All Coated Poultry shelf

€2.00 (€9.53/kg)
    Add to basket
    Quantity

Big Al's Barbeque Burgers 4 Pack / 400G
    Special OfferSAVE 99c Was 3.49 Now 2.50 valid from 2/7/2012 until 23/7/2012
    o Rest of Frozen Burgers & Grillsteaks shelf

€2.50 (€6.25/kg)
    Add to basket
    Quantity

Big Alshomestyl Quarter Pounders 4 Pack / 454G
    Special OfferSAVE 89c Was 3.89 Now 3.00 valid from 2/7/2012 until 23/7/2012
    o Rest of Frozen Burgers & Grillsteaks shelf

€3.00 (€6.61/kg)
    Add to basket
    Quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Tiny bit off topic, but has anyone had any problems getting the Big Al's Chicken Dippers at reduced price at Tesco?

According to latest edition of Tesco Price News (page 9, bottom right of page) they're reduced from 4.99 to 2.49, but they weren't marked reduced at the freezer, in fact they were marked at 5.99, thought this was a mistake, took 6 packs up to the till and they scanned at 5.99!!! Was armed with my copy of price news so manager was called over intercom!!! - big queue forming, I'm getting a little red!!! - manager comes and begrudingly says I can have them at advertised price, so I got 6 packets for 2.49 but she took ALL of the Price News leaflets off the shelf....???

Anyway my Big Al's shop was as follows:

6 x Chicken Dippers (24 Pack) - Normally 4.99, reduced to 2.49 - with coupon 1.49
    10 x Chicken Burgets (4 Pack) - normally 2.99, reduced to 1.49 - with coupon .49c

Also used the €1 off coupon from the Price News Brochure.

€60 worth of goods for 12.84.

(Don't worry, I wasn't being greedy with items was buying for sisters too!!!)

Frowzy wrote: »
    she took ALL of the Price News leaflets off the shelf....???
    Its the same as an incorrect price label being left up, of course they should take it down/remove labels. They did not have to give it to you at the price in the leaflet -so count yourself very lucky.

What I found very odd was in the past I was overcharged, complained, the person brought me to confirm the price on the shelf but did NOT remove it, and I got the item free (back when this was policy),

rubadub wrote: »
    -so count yourself very lucky.

Tiny bit condesending???

It's an advertised price! The price news leaflet is still online, so I'm guessing it's not a mistake.... Although if it is people COULD IN THEORY go and buy with a printed Price News off the net... Now I'm not advising that you do so, it's just a theory :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco used the wrong image in their flyer, that's all.
    The advertisement says 360g BigAl Dippers is half-price at €2.49 and this is correct.
    Tesco sell BigAls 20 Dippers and 24 Dippers. The 20 Dippers 360g is at €2.49 and the 24 Dippers is at €5.99

Maybe you should go back to Tesco and make the manager aware that you picked up the wrong pack and offer to pay the correct price.

Tiny bit condesending???
    I wasn't trying to be -you were lucky to get it, I would have expected them to refuse to lower the price, I would presume it is difficult to do an odd transaction like this on a till, over-riding the value in their system.

You had question marks after when you said she removed the leaflets. Did you expect they would leave them there?

Reading your post it seemed you might have thought they were legally obliged to sell you it at the advertised price in the leaflet. I was making this clear to you and others that this is not the case, so others do not go in thinking they are legally entitled to it. It comes up in the consumers forum a lot.

snubbleste wrote: »

Maybe you should go back to Tesco and make the manager aware that you picked up the wrong pack and offer to pay the correct price.

You're right of course!! I will.....

Just a note for people reading posts, read what I write please, not your take on it!

You had question marks after when you said she removed the leaflets. Did you expect they would leave them there?

Why would I not? I didn't know until just now, after reading snubbleste's post that the image was incorrect. How would I know it was wrong, she didn't explain it to me, if she had I would have left them back and got the correct product.

For some reason you think I'm out to con Tesco, I'm just after a bargain!

Why would I not?
    I would not expect them to leave leaflets out with a potential problem, it makes far more sense to remove them than and investigate than to leave them there and have more problems/complaints.

For some reason you think I'm out to con Tesco, I'm just after a bargain!
    :eek: dunno how you picked that up.
    Just a note for people reading posts, read what I write please, not your take on it!
    Indeed...

:eek: dunno how you picked that up.

Indeed...
    Reading your post it seemed you might have thought they were legally obliged to sell you it at the advertised price in the leaflet. I was making this clear to you and others that this is not the case, so others do not go in thinking they are legally entitled to it. It comes up in the consumers forum a lot.

Enough!!!

I didn't expect anything from Tesco, I read the leaflet and picked up the items. I would have left them back if she'd explained. They way it was handled was if she had something to hide.

I don't think I've done anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AG34

Frowsy - I discussed the very same thing over on the Consumer Affairs thread!

I contacted the Customer Service line this morning and a very nice guy called Gary agreed that the image was wrong in the brochure, that it was misleading and that I was charged the wrong price( €5.99). He is now sending me a money card so that I will have been refunded double the difference.

Snubbleste -"Maybe you should go back to Tesco and make the manager aware that you picked up the wrong pack and offer to pay the correct price. "
    Maybe a bit condesending???!!!And insulting??!!!We were not pulling a fast one, we were not shopping on-line and were going by the store brochure. Tesco have acknowledged their mistake to me this morning.

AG34 wrote: »
    Frowsy - I discussed the very same thing over on the Consumer Affairs thread!

I contacted the Customer Service line this morning and a very nice guy called Gary agreed that the image was wrong in the brochure, that it was misleading and that I was charged the wrong price( €5.99). He is now sending me a money card so that I will have been refunded double the difference.

Snubbleste -"Maybe you should go back to Tesco and make the manager aware that you picked up the wrong pack and offer to pay the correct price. "
    Maybe a bit condesending???!!!And insulting??!!!We were not pulling a fast one, we were not shopping on-line and were going by the store brochure. Tesco have acknowledged their mistake to me this morning.

Thanks for this, was beginning to feel like a thief!!!!
    It was a genuine misunderstanding on my part, and a mistake on the part of Tesco.
    End of! (hopefully) :)

I didn't expect anything from Tesco,!
    Then I don't understand why you thought I was being condescending when I said you were lucky to get it at the reduced price? If you really do/did realise you were not entitled to it.

My posts were to make it clear to everybody reading this thread that you are not entitled to get something for the price displayed. Its a very common misconception that should be nipped in the bud before its perpetuated, many staff have posted in threads about having to endure arguments about non-existent laws.

I never thought you were trying to scam them.

• Advertisement

Then I don't understand why you thought I was being condescending when I said you were lucky to get it at the reduced price? If you really do/did realise you were not entitled to it.

My posts were to make it clear to everybody reading this thread that you are not entitled to get something for the price displayed. Its a very common misconception that should be nipped in the bud before its perpetuated, many staff have posted in threads about having to endure arguments about non-existent laws.

I never thought you were trying to scam them.

I give up!!!

the answers to your questions are in my previous posts, the thread is adequately derailed! let go of the bone!!!!

Advertisement