Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

looksee wrote: »
    On behalf of...Jacobs?

"Baking a better biscuit better every day."

"Now, my next correspondent has a truly terrible dilemma, one which.....I hope.......we can resolve. She writes:

Deeeeeeer Frankie,

I think my husband of twenty wan years may be seeing another woman because he only said "morning" to me yesterday and not the usual "good morning". And when I confronted him with this he just grunted and went to work. I'm sick with worry, Frankie, and you're the only wan who can help me. Whatever will I do?"

"Well, he is a man and I bet your mother warned you about him. Of course it's not for me to say but, reading between the lines, he certainly sounds like a ghastly monster and a drunken filthy womaniser with a gambling problem who picks his nose and sometimes misses Mass so I'd end the relationship immediately. Pack some essentials - Jacobs Cream Crackers, Custard Creams maybe - and leave town today."

Da dih da da daaaa (dum dum dum) da da da daditty dah.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I wonder who Frankie could have written to about her own secret. She must have been a lonely lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Indeed, it must have been an incredibly lonely life.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

Jeepers creepers, ye're all talking of 'Frankie Byrne' as if (she) that was really so long ago...I well remember the 'Light' Programme :( ...guess I'm really shovin' on :(:(:(

• Advertisement

Yeah, we were great listeners to the Light Programme too, also the Home Service. Women's Hour, Beyond our Ken, Goons, Clitheroe, Billy Cotton, Ted Ray, Navy Lark, Music While You Work. How we laughed at the comedy shows. Hardly bears thinking of now that a family would sit down and listen to the wurless and fall about laughing. With the rubbish on TV these days, maybe its time to go searching along the ould dial again!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Yeah, we were great listeners to the Light Programme too, also the Home Service. Women's Hour, Beyond our Ken, Goons, Clitheroe, Billy Cotton, Ted Ray, Navy Lark, Music While You Work. How we laughed at the comedy shows. Hardly bears thinking of now that a family would sit down and listen to the wurless and fall about laughing. With the rubbish on TV these days, maybe its time to go searching along the ould dial again!

Now you're talking, real radio! The Goons, what trailblazers they were...and wasn't Billy Cottons catch call 'Wakey-Wakey'? Those were good days then when radio could be listened to by everyone as you say. Today we are all 'individual' which seems good for some folk....a bit like having a superb birthday bash, by yourself! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Holds hand up
    I have no idea who Frankie Byrne is.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    /Holds hand up
    I have no idea who Frankie Byrne is.

"Dear OldGoat,
    Never mind. You will find out more as you grow up...." (an example from Frankie's Letters) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Yeah, we were great listeners to the Light Programme too, also the Home Service. Women's Hour, Beyond our Ken, Goons, Clitheroe, Billy Cotton, Ted Ray, Navy Lark,....... maybe its time to go searching along the ould dial again!

Ah, JB many of these go through phases of being rerun on radio 4 extra

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/programmes/schedules/this_week

As y'all are talking about Dear Frankie :

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-lonely-passion-of-frankie-byrne-26404014.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

its bright blue skies, 28 degrees, all the doors and windows are open, argos is sold out of electric fans and the fridge is full of cold drink..............its time to uncover the BBQ and spark that bad boy up!

It's bucketing down rain. 28 degrees. Thunder and lightning.:mad:

Chucken wrote: »
    It's bucketing down rain. 28 degrees. Thunder and lightning.:mad:

+1 here in Mid-West. Horrendous afternoon. Just clearing now and much fresher :)

roran wrote: »
    +1 here in Mid-West. Horrendous afternoon. Just clearing now and much fresher :)

Ohhhhh another Mid- Wester :D

*Waves*

Heavy grey skies here in the Kingdom. Not a puff of air which is just not normal here by the side of the sea. Think thunder might be heading this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Fabulous evening in our fair capital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Glorious day in Waterford, I spent it with several other people doing an exhibition of Viking crafts and my own kit comprised two layers of full length, long sleeved linen dresses and a wool over-thingy. It was warmish. Good day though, two more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

El Scorchio in Anglesey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Chucken wrote: »

The "rent-an-opinion" experts in this link don't seem to have noticed that every letter had the same style, same tone, same grammar, same rhythm as Frankie's answers. Duh, Frankie WROTE ALL THE PROBLEMS HERSELF!

And she never answered my letter so I still don't buy Jabob's Cream Crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

A bit of fun for Chucken as requested.

http://www.playbuzz.com/wesleyt10/what-rodent-are-you

• Advertisement

I'm a rat :(

You're quiet, sensitive, and to yourself, but that won't stop you to be courageous! You may not speak up much, but you're independent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I'm a guinea pig!!!

You may get scared easy, but with your friends you're stronger! You enjoy company, and won't turn down a chance to be with your buddies. You love food, but... WHO DOESN'T!

I'm a beaver :eek::eek:

Apparently in between building walls around those close to me I don't mind getting wet!!

If I don't succeed at once my creativity and boldness will lead me to try, try again.

Never knew until now I was creative:D:D

I'm a blimmin' mouse!

"You may be small, but your strong in spirit! You're sweet and sensitive, but not afraid to explore! Though most of the time you just like to sit back, observe, and listen to people."

I'm a goat.

:cool:

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm a goat. :cool:

So which type OG, Boer, Anglo-Nubian, Saanen, Pygmy, Alpine, Nigerian Dwarf, Toggenburg, Cashmere, Angora, Russian White or any of the others here?
    https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=different+types+of+goats

My money is on Alpine! :p

Just an "Old" one. :(

Old Alpine? That's just your cologne.

oooh, to be in the first flush of youth again...

• Advertisement

Never knew goats gambol just like sheepseses do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement