Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Eoineo wrote: »
    Toots you're having a rotten time of it. You poor thing.

Kaytee eat a banana everyday - early in the day is better for the digestion. Helps with the leg cramps along with a small glass of tonic water in the evening.

Thanks Eoineo...bananas tend to make my other problem worse though! Constipation, on the joys if pregnancy!

Hope you ok toots and baby stays put for another few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

back ache from hell

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you're near a shower, I've found them the only thing that works for backache for me, just let hot water run on your back for a few mins. Of course this solution is useless when backache strikes in work.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Hi everyone :) 7 weeks pregnant on number 2, this sounds crazy but I've the starts of a bump already- I'm sure it's bloat as opposed to baby but between that and my gigantic boobies and green complexion I'm not fooling anyone :(

Toots* wrote: »
    If you're near a shower, I've found them the only thing that works for backache for me, just let hot water run on your back for a few mins. Of course this solution is useless when backache strikes in work.......

Oooh I'll try that...I don't want to open the great 'bath' debate again...but I'm wondering would a (not too) hot bath work?

• Advertisement

rylie wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) 7 weeks pregnant on number 2, this sounds crazy but I've the starts of a bump already- I'm sure it's bloat as opposed to baby but between that and my gigantic boobies and green complexion I'm not fooling anyone :(

Congratulations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

back ache from hell

Have you tried massage balls? Like this: http://www.physiosupplies.ie/acatalog/10cm_Massage_Balls.html

Clumsy as hell! Have had to reach for plasters twice in two days. Dropped a bowl on my foot earlier and walked into the bannisters just now. Will have another huge bruise tomorrow to add to the addict veins. Balance...come back to me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

:( could just cry today . Pretty sure I have hemeroids , my fingers , face and feet are all puffy , i've had a horrible headache and feel so tired all day .. that combined with my hyper 15 month old .. ugh

Sorry to hear you're having such a crappy day :-( how far along are you? Are you taking iron? I've heard low iron can cause headaches. Be sure to drink loads of water and try to have an early night. Hope you feel better soon

The only complaint I have today is the 17 trips to the loo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

KayTee wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're having such a crappy day :-( how far along are you? Are you taking iron? I've heard low iron can cause headaches. Be sure to drink loads of water and try to have an early night. Hope you feel better soon

The only complaint I have today is the 17 trips to the loo!
    Thanks I'm a bit more human today :) 34 weeks and due a check up this morning so that'll put my mind at ease

shattered today and in the mother of all bad moods :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Just... soo... tired...
    Think I'm getting a bit run down as well, have blister things on my tongue and my skin has gotten really bad over the last few days. And I'm so tired it's unreal. Lasted 4 hours in work yesterday, and not much longer today.
    Didn't wake up when the boyfriend was leaving for work this morning, and will probably be asleep before he gets home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

felt so crap the last 2 days and i have a stuffed nose. back to work today for a double shift and im sooooo tired. i have been sleeping a bit better but wake up so tired. my poor husband is neglected at this stage. i feel nauseous and for the last month or so i cant even kiss him!! i nearly gagged in his face once!! :eek: he's very good tho so thats a plus. i felt better there for a day or too but feel crap again
    also have round the belly pain and ibs pain and constipation.

im takin my crappy feelin as a good sign and looking forward to my scan in 2 weeks and a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I had my glucose test today and good god that drink is muck. . gave me indigestion for the day and 4 puncture holes in my arm. . i bruise easily so i made her take them all from one arm. . and the plaster tape left me with big red welts .. i feel huge tired and fed up. . . i should be glad i'm not sick but i'd rather be sick than diabetic. . :(
    I should know by tuesday. . it's been a long week waiting just another 4 worry days left. .

Hope the test comes back clear cbyrd! I'm still black and blue bruises not fading at all, look like an addict!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Jealous when the other half has something that I'm not allowed have, even though I said I didn't mind if he did... :(
    No fair :(

Ugh, I hate when I know I'm being stupid feeling annoyed about something, but it doesn't stop me feeling annoyed :mad:

Isn't it gas when you're sitting on the bus/luas, suddenly you think...oh I need to wee, but you're thinking...I only went before I left the house, I couldn't possibly need to wee again, I'll easily make it to my destination, no sweat...all of a sudden junior pipes up and starts kicking the living daylights out of your bladder? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Isn't it gas when you're sitting on the bus/luas, suddenly you think...oh I need to wee, but you're thinking...I only went before I left the house, I couldn't possibly need to wee again, I'll easily make it to my destination, no sweat...all of a sudden junior pipes up and starts kicking the living daylights out of your bladder? :cool:

Oh yeah I know that one. Similar to when you only just get the comfy spot in the bed after getting up to go the loo! :D

Eoineo wrote: »
    Oh yeah I know that one. Similar to when you only just get the comfy spot in the bed after getting up to go the loo! :D

haahaa Yes! and you try rolling over onto your otherside in the hopes that junior will be knocked flying, but sure with all the bouncing that took, your other half is awake now, so you might aswell just get up and go to the loo :D

• Advertisement

Yes . . . or you cough. . . or sneeze. . . i have to gear up for a cough or sneeze at the moment. . thank god for panty liners :eek::D
    Back to the clinic for a stern talking to tomorrow i think. . have to go to the diabetes clinic.. one of the blood tests came back abnormal which sent me into a spiral of depression for the week waiting to find out what's up with me .. mind you if they figure it out it'll be one thing i can know for sure is wrong with me:rolleyes: they said it's not diabetes cos then all 3 would be abnormal, so i reckon i'm going to get a bollicking for eating too much sugar . . :( only been able to enjoy some things since i got pregnant.. and on the gp's advice to take some dairy..so i started eating come icecream and chocolate:D now i'm going to be told off for it :eek: i can't win. . it's been 4 years since i had icecream. . i was really enjoying it too .. i need a smiley face with big fat tears . . big big fat tears .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

my hands and feet are SO swollen ;-( can't wear my wedding ring, my shoes are too tight, and even typing is a struggle cause my fingers are much fatter. :mad:

Stupid weather, first time EVER I wish we had 11 degrees and rain, purely because it's more bearable then. (and this is me who usually doesn't stop complaining about the crap summers and the low temperatures. I thrive at 30 degrees. Not this year though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Ladies in your experience are first babies always overdue? I am 35 weeks and lately people have been telling me all these horror stories about being 2 weeks overdue, inductions, tears and so on... ( I tend to take all these stories with a pinch of salt;))

I know that "baby will come when baby is ready" I'm just curious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

cbyrd wrote: »
    Yes . . . or you cough. . . or sneeze. . . i have to gear up for a cough or sneeze at the moment. . thank god for panty liners :eek::D

I'm really worried about this happening! I've had very little to moan about so far. Nearly 18 weeks now and I fear it's all going to go downhill soon :o

Ladies in your experience are first babies always overdue? I am 35 weeks and lately people have been telling me all these horror stories about being 2 weeks overdue, inductions, tears and so on... ( I tend to take all these stories with a pinch of salt;))

A friend of mine was 2 weeks early on her first, without any induction or interference at all. She was raging because she'd only finished work the day before so was settling into a lovely 2 weeks of peace before baby arrived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Your estimated due date (EDD) is just that, an estimation. 'Normal' pregnancy lasts from 38-42 weeks, the EDD is simply the midpoint at 40 weeks. You can maybe get a more accurate idea of whether or not you'll go over by looking at the length of your menstrual cycle. If you have a short one, you're more likely to go on or before your EDD. If you have a longer one, you're more likely to go over. That's only based on averages though, every woman is different. I always knew I'd go over on my first (10 days then induction) - my cycle is usually 29-33 days long AND my mum went at least a week over on all 5 of her pregnancies (including 18 days over on me!). I don't know if family history is any scientific basis for guessing your due date, it was for me.

Going 10 days over and being induced wasn't a horror story for me. I figure my baby wasn't ripe before then and if I'd been induced earlier we might have ended up with a c-section. The induction itself was grand, he was a big baby and I did tear, but there are plenty of stories of women tearing with babies of less than 6lbs who delivered before term. Going early doesn't necessarily spare you any horror, not does going over spell disaster by any means. Just go with the flow, remember that your due date +14 days is still perfectly normal for many women, and try not to stress yourself out against a schedule that your baby might not know about!

You spend the first three months dying for a little bump to show your actually pregnant...and then suddenly you hit 6 months everyone is telling you how big your bump is and it's like, yes I know I'm the size of an elephant you don't have to keep pointing it out :mad:

Oh the joys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

had brown discharge again today after not having it for over a week. however i was constipated (i know, sorry!):o last night so im thinking its cos of that as ive heard that can happen. went to get a swab taken today anyway just to check for any infection as there was yellow discharge the last few days. im off to work now and i have my 13 week scan fri so cant wait to see the baby again and hopefully KNOW everything will be fine!:)

You spend the first three months dying for a little bump to show your actually pregnant...and then suddenly you hit 6 months everyone is telling you how big your bump is and it's like, yes I know I'm the size of an elephant you don't have to keep pointing it out :mad:

Oh the joys :D

Elepahnt size is exactly how i feel and I've been working all week standing. . arms up at shoulder height and boy do my ribs hurt. . i'd forgotten how sore they get when i'm so busy. . :( at least the kids are gone with their dad for a few days so i've no housework to do and the bathrooms free in the evenings for the relaxybath :D
    this is the biggest bump i've had. . and i think baba wants out via anywhere. . :eek: s/he's so so strong. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Baby has been using my bladder as a springboard all day. Went to the loo this afternoon. Flushed, washed hands, yadda yadda. Went into the tweenagers room to talk to her about something, then backtracked to the loo again. She thought I was going senile - "eh you only just went the loo?" Said in that "tone" that only young girls have. :p

Try and stop me buckko.

On the plus side since my bump appeared the toddler has become fascinated by it and has to give it a kiss in the morning to say hello.

Advertisement