Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank resolution and recovery directive

• 14-05-2014 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I’ve been hearing since the end of last year that the bail in legislation that takes a percentage of depositors money to prop up failing banks rather than take money from taxpayers has been written into law across many western countries.

Does anyone have details on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Well, guess no one knows anything about bail ins....Job done for the legislaters if it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

It's something that will be hard to find laws on; I had a quick Google on the sites I frequent, and can't immediately find anything.

It is almost a certainty though, that after the Cyrpus precedent, European countries will be facing bail-ins during the next crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,138 ✭✭✭✭noodler

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/ecofin/137627.pdf

I didn't think it was at a national legislative stage yet (perhaps it doesn't need to if the European Council agree).

Advertisement