Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses that don't require maths

• 30-06-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm a bit worried that I might have failed HL Maths in the LC. I want to study business in college so I want to put down some backups on my CAO that will allow me to do business without having passed Maths.

Does anyone know where I can search for courses that don't require maths or does anyone know of any business related courses (or any courses in general except Arts) that are available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I know that UL and CIT do a special maths entry exam for those that failed maths but still got the required points for the course. I think there are more colleges around that have this...I just haven't looked around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

I know you said not Arts but NUIM offer Business, Accountancy and Economics at Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kickstickik

Thanks for the suggestions. As far as I can see the special Maths exam is just for Engineering and Science degrees in UL and CIT, and you still need Maths to do business as part of Arts in NUIM. I think I'll put down Arts with Law in NUIM as a backup and hope that I won't have to use it (I probably passed maths, I'm just worried).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

There's a useful tool on the Qualifax website that allows you to fand courses that do or don't require particular subjects:

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=26

Advertisement