Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy s2- dead pixel issue on all phones?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

I have a dead pixel in my galaxy s2..it wierd though as it only shows itself on certain sites. Even if I download a pixel checker app it does not show up...

Anyone confirm if they have it? Go to this site: www.yonkis.com

Look at the very bottom left hand corner..do you see a single bright pixel..then touch the screen/scroll, it disappears but returns when you take3 your finger away?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

if it only happens on some sites, then its not a dead pixel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    if it only happens on some sites, then its not a dead pixel.

what is it then? its a bright white pixel showing ..happens wih a lot of site with dark backgrounds, but not all...do you have that phone and does it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have it too, I'm not bothered by it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Sooo weird....i gave the same web example here... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72578723

this is common issue and cannot be fixed - maybe with next soft.
    This is defo not pixel issue as it does not show up on different browser - for example opera. It also disappears when you touch the screen... Type in on google and you will get plenty of it. These small issues made me to return the phone back to supplier and get different make.

Yes...I didnt bother me in bright room but it drove me crazy in dark room where this while pixel was screaming - I AM HERE!! HELLO I AM HERE...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

cojomo2 wrote: »
    what is it then? its a bright white pixel showing ..happens wih a lot of site with dark backgrounds, but not all...do you have that phone and does it happen?

Sorry for the brief post earlier, i had to run.Which browser are you using? I tried that site on the stock browser and on opera and don't see it all on either. Have you updated your phone through samsung kies? Worth a try. Mine updated from KE1 to KF2 last week so maybe that will fix it. Definitely not a dead pixel though. I'd say its just a software bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Just an update to anyone else having this minor issue..just updates the firmware via Kies, solves the issue.

Advertisement