Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We only have one comp off the blues each year and that is the club chsmpionship, all others are generally white and during the winter off the most forward part of the White tee boxes.

During busy winter comps and society days they will play off the green. Personally I don't like the greens but in fairness on big visitor days it can be a very slow course.

J

I've seen that a bit more than usual this Winter - tees pushed far forward - suppose it makes a quicker round which suits daylight at this time of the year, Winter Leagues too...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

We only have one comp off the blues each year and that is the club chsmpionship, all others are generally white and during the winter off the most forward part of the White tee boxes.

During busy winter comps and society days they will play off the green. Personally I don't like the greens but in fairness on big visitor days it can be a very slow course.

J

Some of the Blue tees look unreal. Greens wouldn't have been a problem if they were towards the back of the teeboxes but most were hanging off the front of them.

Didn't stop me enjoying the course and was interesting to see the amount of work going on with new bunkering.

Looking forward to getting back and playing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Played the blue stakes today and was a great challenge really enjoyed the day, just can't wait to play it again as I hadn't played it before and made some rookie mistakes.
    Had a birdie putt the length of the new 13th green and was delighted to come away with two putts as the green really looks sick.
    Other Greens are in great condition tho

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

J

It's a slog lol, you really have to stay in the zone on busy days.

What are they doing with all the diggers on the course at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

What are they doing with all the diggers on the course at the moment?

New owners have started putting some money in, upgrades are mainly cosmetic for now. Cart paths, tee signs, distance disks. I think there is some major work on the sprinkler system too.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

New owners have started putting some money in, upgrades are mainly cosmetic for now. Cart paths, tee signs, distance disks. I think there is some major work on the sprinkler system too.

J

Did they put more sand the bunkers already?

Did they put more sand the bunkers already?

Not sure to be honest, I haven't been out there in two weeks.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Tried to book online for Tuesday but brs booking site appears to be down. Can anyone else get in?

Seem to be working fine http://book.golfswitch.com/portal/?CUSTID=PTM

You mentioned BRS but they dont use that booking engine.

You could always call the shop - 018460611.

Tuesday is the pro-am winter series so it can be very busy.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

SCC and JSC on 10th April (disappointly a Fri). No fee indicated and guessing it'll just be 18 holes given it's still quite early in the year so daylight may be an issue for 36. Wonder what tees will be in use for that, TopGolfer website lists the distance as 6444 which I presume is meters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Thanks Golfgraffix, got in this morning but times didn't suit. My mistake about BRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Interesting article in today's Irish Times. Good to see him taking his conditioning seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First Up wrote: »
    Interesting article in today's Irish Times. Good to see him taking his conditioning seriously.

??????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seve OB wrote: »
    ??????

Apologies. That post was meant to be in the Shane Lowry thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

What would be a competitive score in the junior scratch cup on a nice day, I know anything can happen if it's windy

Advertisement