Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning - Nissan Qashqai clutch failure

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    I agreed 100% until this bit.

OP has a turbo small engines diesel, what do Toyota have?

How many different million car recalls did Toyota / honda have?

Toyota / honda are aiming for the exact same high mpg figures as their rivals which are only attainable with hugely complex electrical wizardry

You missed my point - I specifically referred to their petrol engines (not turbo charged).

As regards Toyota's and Honda's recalls - at least they do recall them when they find a design fault. If only the Germans would do the same...

Just to give you one example - some of those TSI engines are notorious for their oil consumption - and VAG won't replace the engine unless the oil consumption exceeds 1 litre for every 800 miles. Anything under that, VAG state is "normal".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've seen a clutch entirely torched at 600km, not warranty. At 50k km it is entirely unreasonable of a consumer to expect a warranty replacement on a clutch.

Every clutch is different, your driving style needs to adjust accordingly. You cannot drive any 2 cars the same any more than you can expect a Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone 5 to have all the settings in the same place.

Advertisement