Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 37 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    I'll tell you what... A Vorm peno save from Rooney would be magic. With City wrapping up the title today, I can happily wish for these things.

I wouldn't say its over JUST yet. A QPR draw will guarantee them survival, a team in that situation is always dangerous to play against

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

roryc wrote: »
    My entire season in the Buskers League probably rests on Rooney not scoring today. Not too confident if I'm honest.

I reckon there are plenty of us banking on the same thing! If swansea can do the unthinkable and win or even draw and keep a CS this week wouldnt be too bad for me! Highly doubtful though!

I reckon my gameweek is in the hands of Victor Moses tomorrow!:o

My entire season in the Buskers League probably rests on Rooney not scoring today. Not too confident if I'm honest.

I reckon there are plenty of us banking on the same thing! If swansea can do the unthinkable and win or even draw and keep a CS this week wouldnt be too bad for me! Highly doubtful though!

No better man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep, I have Caulker so a Swansea CS would be a much appreciated miracle!

If Rooney doesn't score it looks like I'll have a 5-10 point lead going into the final week, plus whatever Terry gets me tomorrow. How many BP's is Petrov likely to get for todays game? Scored a penalty and fluked an assist for an own goal, surely can't get all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

United look flat , really should of went with Rvp as captain changed it right before kick off for the 2nd week running.

Thinking of taking Rooney out completely next week, think utd have thrown in the towel already, fergies pre-match interview pretty much said it all.

• Advertisement

Yep, I have Caulker so a Swansea CS would be a much appreciated miracle!

If Rooney doesn't score it looks like I'll have a 5-10 point lead going into the final week, plus whatever Terry gets me tomorrow. How many BP's is Petrov likely to get for todays game? Scored a penalty and fluked an assist for an own goal, surely can't get all 3?

PPI is a stats based system, so 3BP is likely

In fairness if you got 2 goals, that both deflected off your arse and in from the half way line, and did nothing for the rest of the game except get yellow carded, you'd probly still get the 3BP

EA are (insert appropriate rhyming word here) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Almost Valencia assist. Almost...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

young goal
    rooney assist i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rooney assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Defo rooney assist i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

United to get a good few here I think. Vorm will probably end up in minus figures. He might get a few save BPs from it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

down as an assist

need more from him or my season is dust

This isnt going how i hoped at all....:(

First booking of the season for Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My team gradually goes into decline from left to Van Persie, 2, 2, up front,
    a whole row of miserable two's in midfield and an ugly and resuntful 2 0's in defence, with only Hibbert scoring defense points with a 6, and then Mignolet with a 2. But Hibbert might as well be 2, because I took a point hit for Vermaelen who got me 0, and so, the reality is, that only Van Persie is making my points score look anyway respectable right now, although not enough, with about a 33 point gap to narrow in one week, unless Sig does something amazing in the next twenty minutes

:(

Edit: I've just found the bright side, one of my 0's is to be replaced by a 6, in Lescott replacing the injured Simpson. Rejoice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Rooney off (78)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Rooney captain fail.

Just emphasizes how important captain choice is. I've done better than all of my rivals this week except for the fact I captained Rooney. Completely cancelled out the difference.

United to get a good few here I think. Vorm will probably end up in minus figures. He might get a few save BPs from it though.

Was never going to happen, united looked deflated from the get go. Hopefully vorm will get some bp's though, he's made at least 5 or 6 saves.

Come on Siggy save my week!!! No CS for UTD and the points for scoring would go a long way right now!

Come on Siggy save my week!!! No CS for UTD and the points for scoring would go a long way right now!

Hard luck. It's over now.

• Advertisement

Was never going to happen, united looked deflated from the get go. Hopefully vorm will get some bp's though, he's made at least 5 or 6 saves.

There was every chance it could happen. If Fergie had been more positive with his changes then I think they'd have knocked in a few more.

8 points for De Gea. Wasn't expecting that before the game.

A miserable 30 with only Moses to play! Please God let him score a hat-trick!:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

A miserable 30 with only Moses to play! Please God let him score a hat-trick!:pac:

i'm with you on that one, have cech and moses left to save an awful week for me, jelavic as captain and pienaar have really left me struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

53 pre bonus (no hits) with 2pts coming off the bench and Skrtel to play. Top 500 finish still doable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

35 with agger to play,.cisse to come off the bench and dempsey to come in as my captain. looking at about 45 points, which should keep me 65 ahead in my main league. :)

There was every chance it could happen. If Fergie had been more positive with his changes then I think they'd have knocked in a few more.

they were lac luster from the start, it was clearly evident. To think swansea would be just there for the taking is naive especcally considering the result before hand, it was bound to deflate united.

more postive changes, how ? :confused:... berbatov was brought on for rooney who was dreadful and tbh looked tired, he was the only striker on the bench aswell so it obviously made sense. Clev was brought on for scholes and rafael because of an injury to rio which more than likely kept nani on the bench. Nothing more positive could of been done the decision to leave nani or giggs on the bench was a tactical one because the 3 points were the most important thing today for united.

there's one more round of games to go and although its not likely city will slip up , it isnt by any means impossible either. City have slipped up once already this season so to win today and go into the final game of the season level on points is a lifeline that couldnt be sacrificed by careless changes i.e nani instead of rafael for rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

48 and hoping for bp's for cap RVP. Poor enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

eh i dunno wrote: »
    48 and hoping for bp's for cap RVP. Poor enough
    Thats a respectful score this week.. On something similar, 45 with Moses and Enrique to play..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Highest score so far this week is an american called Brendan Westley. His team name is imaginatively called Brendan and Brendan hasn't made a single change to his team all season and has an injured player on his team. Maybe that's the key.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement