Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eugene?

• 17-08-2004 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I don't know whether anyone esle has spotted this but...........

At risk of showing my age...........

Doesn't Eugene remind you of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan??

I keep waiting for him to break out a length of 2x4!

Just wondering what anyone else thinks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Ever notice WWE seems to be regressing to old characters such as Lex Luger ("Reflection Of Perfection"), Mordecai (Undertaker), JBL & O.J (Ted DiBiase and Virgil)..maybe Eugene (Hacksaw)...I just hope beyond hope they recreate the Genius that was Repot Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Jaysus, I completely missed the Ted DiBiase and Virgil link!

I must be getting old coz My memory is apparently playing up! :rolleyes:

I was saying ages ago that I would love is they just went back to the old ways..with gimmicks and more emphasis on the wrestling to tell the stories..but I never wanted them to blatantly rip off their old storyline..I even read on a rumor site that they were planning to have Cena have a duplicate belt and claim he was the treu champ just like Razor and Micheals all those years ago...There has been a huge loss of fans but I'd dare say its probably the Attitude era fans that have given up on the product and that the old schoolers are still watching...I know I am but sadly at the moment at least its more out of habbit then out of excitement..We need Bret Hart back...We need Scott Hall back..We need 1-2-3 kid back! Damn it!....Remember him..before he turned into a TNA outcast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Well , i don't think we'll ever see "The 1-2-3 Kid" again , unless it's part of a crude skit , but Sean Waltman is rumoured to be getting a job with WWE again thanks to HHH , presumably as X-pac although it's not confirmed if he'll actually be wrestling or not, he's attending rehab , again thanks to Helmsley , so may not be ring fit , i doubt it. As for Hall , he has'nt wrestled a good match in 10 years , he was embarrissing in his last WWE outing in the NWO , although at least his presence was needed then to make up the original line up , nowadays there is no place for him on the active roster unless it was as a manager maybe.

And as amuch as i'd love to see him in the ring again , Bret will never wrestle again thanks to Goldberg. He may still make another apearnace though , i hope so.

I love seeing any old guys back in any capacity , but unless they can wrestle well , a lot of them could'nt in the first place , McMahon won't give them more than 5 mins novelty time .The no. 1 priority nowadays is the quality of the wrestling , which is fair enough but as it's staged i still think good gimmicks/storylines is just as important which is why i love seeing old faces because most of the new guys are'nt a patch on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

D-FENS wrote:
    And as amuch as i'd love to see him in the ring again , Bret will never wrestle again thanks to Goldberg.
    What exactly happened there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 War Rocket Ajax

You're right Eugene's mannerisms are "Dugganesque"
    You all seem to remember the "old days"
    I still watch wwe wrestling after all these years,but I'll take Vern Gagne's AWA and the old NWA ruled by the FOUR HORSEMEN anyday

What exactly happened there?

In their WCW Title match a few years ago, Goldberg mistimed a kick to Bret's Head and basically gave him such severe concussion he was forced to retire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

personally I'd love to see waltman return (whether as x-pac or not), if he returned as x-pac it would be interesting to see if he could get over as a face

Cactus Col wrote:
    personally I'd love to see waltman return (whether as x-pac or not), if he returned as x-pac it would be interesting to see if he could get over as a face

He never could before and i don't think he could now, he was always seen as NWO's / Dx's lap dog , if he came back now he'd be even more hated because everyone knows he's the golden son in law's real life lap dog ( he even got HHH's sloppy seconds in Chyna )

The only time WWE tried to make him his own man was when he was the leader of X-factor , and what a disaster that was , could'n even think up a new name for them , had to copy the name of his finisher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

He was pretty popular when he was in D X, even wrestling for the title at least one point (although this was in the UK) .... but the last couple of years he could do nothing to get over .... think he was pretty much the only member of wwe to get booed during the invasion

• Advertisement

I know X-Pac was The 1-2-3 kid and all but...they were like 2 different wrestlers..They used to push the 1-2-3 kids as a martial arts expert which Waltman was but though he used a slightly similar style as X-Pac it wasn't half as good..plus his image was tottally different too..he used to be a chubby bastard...Bringing back old Wrestlers isn't always good remember a good while ago they brough back King Bundy!...What a disatser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

D-FENS wrote:
    ( he even got HHH's sloppy seconds in Chyna )

Anyone else see the article in the sunday world recently that said something along the lines of "Joanie Lauren (tink thats her real name :confused: ) aka professional wrestler Chyna is the latest celebrity to have a private video of herself unearthed. She is seen in a range of positions with fellow professional wrestler Sean Waltman aka XPAC." Dont know if thats true or not but I can definitly say i wont be headin down to Xtravison or Chartbusters to rent that one!!!!

Advertisement