Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a location of a phone number

• 05-11-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Got a missed call earlier (tried ringing it back but no answer) and thought if I knew the location I might know where it is. It starts with 01 5425...is there anyway I can search for the number? Golden pages, eircom pages don't let you search a phone number. Or even if anyone here knows where roughly in Dublin where that phone number could be from? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Its an ISDN block so in theory it could be anywhere in the 01 Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Novel old skool idea I'm going to throw out there.

Call them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Thanks Sizzler....so there's no way of typing in the number to any phone book search the way you can type in the name of a business and get the number?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Novel old skool idea I'm going to throw out there.

Call them back.

Tried loads of times. No was just wondering anyway too. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

reverse telephone directory. only eircom have access to this kind of information and they won't give it out without a garda warrant.

one of the reasons it took them so long to bring out a CD copy of the phone book was because they wanted to make sure it couldn't be hacked into doing reverse-lookups (or so they claimed at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought you can kinda figgure wont roughly were the number is i.e 628/624 Lucan area and so on

kearnsr wrote: »
    I thought you can kinda figgure wont roughly were the number is i.e 628/624 Lucan area and so on

Yeah I thought that too but must not be the case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

go to the smart telecom website,
    and in the box wher eya can check if you can get bb, put in the phone number and it'l give ya the area of the phone number,

I think it would depend on when they got their phone line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I think it would depend on when they got their phone line.

Lucan has newer numbers for the new estates but it’s associated with Lucan (using Lucan as an example as I lived there) but assumed it was the same. Another example would be celbridge 627.

This is just a general observation but it would seem to me that it would hold up just as an estimate

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote: »
    go to the smart telecom website,
    and in the box wher eya can check if you can get bb, put in the phone number and it'l give ya the area of the phone number,

Doesn't seem to work Lenny but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

moved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except half or more of the 628 block is Maynooth, and so on... its not like the UK where the numbers are very heavily locked down to specific exchanges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pop the number in here - http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Might help, might not.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Pop the number in here - http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Might help, might not.

Yea that works.

Advertisement